Beta Install Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Larataris, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Larataris New Member

I've been trying to install the beta over the past few hours, but I keep getting this error.

[IMG]

Is this a user error or something else?
  2. TSR-SeanF Augur

The issue you are currently experiencing is commonly related to a caching issue with the game's launchpad. In order to possibly resolve this issue, go to your game's folder and find the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

If this does not resolve your issue please reset your Internet options by following these instructions: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.
    -----Cinexa----- and Larataris like this.
  3. Larataris New Member

Thank you!!!! Its working now! :)
  4. Kandykiss Journeyman

I am having the same issue. I tried the first thing and it didn't help. I want to try the second thing but I have nothing listed as "internet options" In my control panel. Please help. i need Beta by next raid.
  5. Kandykiss Journeyman

I found it. I tried both those things... I am still having the same problem. I found that if I hit Retry I can down about 3% before it does it again. So I am stuck at 99.8% it just will not downloaded it anymore. OMG. So frustrated!
  6. Kandykiss Journeyman

well I reinstalled it completely with the settings changed the way you instructed and I have yet to get that message at 7%. I was never able before to get to 7% so I am thinking what you said worked. Will let ya know if it didn't. Thanks again.
  7. Kandykiss Journeyman

Nope. Got the error still. FML
  8. Koutarou Elder

Find the file it was choking at, copy the production EQ version of that file over, continue the patching.
  9. Myxzoid New Member

So is there an accual fix for this yet?Did both suggetions by the TSR still getting the error and doing the bandaid fix of hitting Retry over and over is a real PITA.
  10. Kandykiss Journeyman

It isn't telling me which file?
  11. Sedacotron New Member

I've tried both fixes with no luck. When I go into updated file list during the install its getting stuck at

*Warning: Retrying arelis.eqg

reads the following in the .downloadError file

FileDigestMis - CRC Mismatch: Expected 1026974879 but got 1633123459: arelis.eqg -

I went and found arelis.eqg in my regular EQ folder and was able to at least finish the install.
  12. Kandykiss Journeyman

Well. I copied over arelis.eqg and still having the same problem
  13. Narrew New Member

I have done the above on 2 different computers, still getting the error. Kept restarting am at 99.8 and am hanging on arelis.eqg (says *Warning: Retrying arelis.eqg)

Never had an issue loading the regular game on either pc.
  14. Kandykiss Journeyman

Narrew I get to that exact same %
  15. Kandykiss Journeyman

I copied over the file again and it seems to be patching fine now.
  16. Narrew New Member

Hey that did it, copied arelis.eqg over and finished patching
    Larataris likes this.
  17. kenmei Augur

this is getting beyond lame. if we cannot install the beta, it doesn't bode well on what is inside it.
  18. kenmei Augur

Did both solutions from Sean, not fixed.
    20 retry later...
    Actually found and tried copying arelis.eqg fix by user Sedacotron, and it worked.
    Sedacotron likes this.
  19. Larataris New Member

I was able to get mine working - Firstly I did what the first reply suggested... "In order to possibly resolve this issue, go to your game's folder and find the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again."

Also, I made sure when I started the install, I dragged the beta install folder into my EverQuest folder
    C: Users > Public > Sony Online Entertainment > Installed Games
  20. Hoot New Member

Same here. Copy and paste this file.