Best EoK Pet Tank?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thoros, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Stubar Augur

This thread is actually someone trying to get raid pet tank strats.....very very coy.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Necros have Root, Snare and Fear, that can keep a mob from hitting their pet for a short while as needed.

And, worst case FD, while Mages have to gate or die.
  3. Siddar Augur

Fear hahaha you haven't played a necro recently have you?
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. smash Augur

Been playing with some friendly necro from my guild.
    I know necro= evil

He got way better agro on his pet than i got on my warder. And seems to have better avoidance.

Did some experiments on a number of mobs and he came on top.

So from that point imo necro pets better. Swrm pets = necro ad well
  5. smash Augur

Necro got cc way above mag/bst. But that not who got best pet
  6. fransisco Augur

We've been comparing the whole package. A pet's performance includes what the owner can do to help it out.
    Necros and Beastlords both have 10,000x the utility of a mage, which can all impact performance.
  7. Spellfire Augur

OP was not asking about the best pet class; OP was asking about best pet tanking.

8. RangerGuy Augur

No way people would just throw in their random thoughts and beliefs real or fake instead of answering the question actually posed. This is an eq forum that doesn't happen here.
  9. RangerGuy Augur

Makes sense! The pets performance doesn't actually matter when someone asks which pet is the best its whether or not the owner can do other stuff that matters.
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Yimin Augur

The best pet for tanking is Mage earth pet .

Yi Min
  11. Vdidar Augur

The debate is settled. Yi Min has spoken.
  12. smash Augur

That is not what the OP ask about, but
  13. Thraine Augur

So i assume you guys have identical AAs and EM items? cause if you dont your experiment was pointless.
  14. Tucoh Augur

I'm surprised nobody has posted long parses of their pet tanking some T2 trash to see what kind of DPS they receive. Or a layout of all the class-specific pet spells/AAs that mages/necros/bsts get.

This would be good information to determine which of the pet classes reign supreme at being able to tank one EoK mob at a time while tank classes can tank 8 with healer mercs.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

Unless a necro dedicates 3 spell slots for his pet and spams those spells every time they are up the necro takes less incoming damage than his warrior pet.
  16. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Before EoK came out, I boxed BRD/CLR/MAG, sometimes ENC, and would pet tank. In EoK there are some quests with really difficult CC, that I wasn't able to handle with a pet tank. The EoK missions are coded specifically so that pets cannot hold aggro over any player (sort of like PoWar mobs) - at least they were last time I tried to do so. So I do not use a pet tank any more as of EoK... I started boxing SHD again.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

Only 8?
  18. Tucoh Augur

After 8 mobs start to drop aggro and leash back.

Oh wait, this isn't black desert online!

With enough DPS you can tank unlimited numbers of mobs, just pop fortitude and hope they all die before it drops.

But yeah, a group geared warrior shouldn't hope to tank more than 8 mobs at a time with a healer merc. I've done it, but it's not optimal.