Best EoK Pet Tank?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thoros, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Thoros New Member

I have a necro friend whose pet is pretty nasty and table to tank named / regular mobs fairly easily. Can anyone rank the pets in terms of tanking ability? I want to make a pet class, but want to be sure I make whatever one comes with the best tank. Thanks!
  2. Cicelee Augur

This thread scares me.

Druid bear pet is not able to tank current content.
  3. Thoros New Member

Druid isn't generally considered a pet class lol. Pet classes are necros, mages, bsts for the most part.
  4. Vdidar Augur

Magicians summon mod rods. This thread should be locked on the basis OP is spreading false information.
    Belexes and disgruntled like this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

CoC alerted.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Repthor Augur

pretty sure Sk and Enchie summoned pets are the best
  7. Spellfire Augur

Drogba would make a great pet :p.
    Drogba likes this.
  8. Siddar Augur

Necromancer pets are the weakest of all three pet class.
  9. Cicelee Augur

And now I am scared with the beginning of misinformation being shared in this thread. I shall leave soon to go to work today, and am confident I will see at least three more misinformations being given before my lunch...
    Belexes and Vdidar like this.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

A boxed warrior.

The end.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Thoros New Member

Lol, why did I think I could get an actual answer from the eq community?
  12. Kallitank Elder

I think most would be happy to help and answer questions, just not that kind of question here. Most are scared of saying how powerful anything is for fear of a nerf bat. I imagine you'd have much better luck asking this in general chat of your server.
  13. dwish Augur

From most powerful to least powerful:
    1. Zerker pet
    2. Rogue pet
    3. SK pet
    4. Bard pets
    5. Beast pet
    6. Vicious rabbit clicky
    7. Necro pet
    8. Mage pet

So clearly, if you want the best pet I would make a zerker or rogue, or just get the vicious rabbit clicky on any char. You are welcome.
    Tereil likes this.
  14. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

First rule of SK club is you don't talk about SK club.
    disgruntled likes this.
  15. p2aa Augur

1) Mage
    2) Beastlord
    3) Necro

I have a doubt on beastlord versus necro, but I have no doubt mage pet is the best of the 3.
    Xanathol and disgruntled like this.
  16. fransisco Augur

Pets have REPEATEDLY been nerfed over and over because tanks complained they were remotely similar to them (EoK tanks can handle 4-5 mobs, but pets can only do 1).

So Pet classes are always afraid of another round of tanks crying "nerf pets"
  17. Tereil Elder

I concur.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. Gundolin Augur

The Beast and Magician pets seem close to me but Magician's is a little better.. Necro pets lag a bit behind both.
  19. Malbro Augur

I tested this once when I was a small BST against a similar level Necro. It turned out to be a draw.

I think it was down the 60ish range of levels. Haven't tried lately.
  20. smash Augur

Testet and necro second