Berserkers or Wizards for most DPS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Honch from FV, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Mookus Augur

When exactly did my wizard experience turn in to a thousand button presses per attempt.

It seems like it shouldn't be so much work to be a nuker while still getting outparsed so regularly.
  2. Tvarian Augur

If I decide to tank anything, it had better be on a really weak mob because anything decently strong will kill a zerker trying to tank.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, some Wizard spells have negative feedback too, our beams roots and blinds us too, and some of our nukes roots us or dots us abit. Granted, we have alot of spells without such effects...
    I personally have no problem with berserkers having the top spot; I guess the problem most people have, is how far ahead they are.

I wonder though, would they still be so far ahead in raid-parses if the manaburn effect was actually parsed as damage belonging to the wizard...? Maybe the gap isn't as big as parses would make us believe...
    Adps from wizards is still DPS we contribute to the raid-fight...what matters, is how fast we make stuff dead...;)

That said, on the raid parses I have seen, wizards seems to be ok compared to zerkers, I guess its a matter of group compositions, then again Im in a casual raid-guild.
  4. kizant Augur

I don't even care if zerkers are top DPS. The question isn't about that. It's what should the margin be? Should they be 200% ahead of the next best? 50%? 10%? Right now, they're just a bit too far ahead and that's why some people have complained. People need to stop avoiding the issues by trying to talk around them. Nobody who's paying attention is going to be fooled by it.
  5. fransisco Augur

Also, simply "not upgrading" berzerkers won't do it next expac.
    There will be new weapons and new AAs.
    But even if Berzerkers didn't get ANY new aa or weapons, they would still be way to far ahead.
    Other dps won't see a 100% dps increase in 1 expansion.
    Berzerkers need nerfs, no way around it.
  6. Gelido Lorekeeper

#AllClassesMatter
  7. Bigstomp Augur

This is true nowadays for wizards. You use your big buttons and ignore resist types.
    Events that do have resist types or important types (plane of war, some TBM raids, some cotf raids) you really don't suffer as a wizard.

Follow resist type (war), zerkers also have weapon types. (to be fair, melee tended to ignore that mechanic and depend on the casters to do it)
    CoTF: Don't use fire (unless you can use it well enough to blow things up - not a problem for a wizard). Zerkers deal with a massive damage shield and spend the fight throwing or tentatively attacking then backing off.
    TBM: Some spell types are bad, wizards don't deal with this mechanic as I don't think you use disease or corruption.
    TBM: Whee, don't stand near the mob or you get slowed massively. Casters are fine.
    Xanathol likes this.
  8. Mookus Augur

Do melee need to press buttons hundreds of times to do dps like wizards nowadays? Or is it mainly some disc buttons timing, and autoattack. The amount of nukes per kill ratio has been climbing and climbing for me. I think the amount of data a server has to transmit for a raid force is getting a bit out of control. The Rathe has been lagging a lot lately in this regard.
  9. Brohg Augur

All melee have a spread of buttons they're multibind tappy-tapping several times a second just like casters.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you think melee (or worse, hybrid) dps doesn't require constant button mashing, you must not have played one before.

A monk without keybinding is like a literal game of keyboard whack a mole.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

ya, its kinda silly how many buttons need to be pressed when playing a melee.

Unless you're using cheating software, there is just no way to box a melee and play it at a high level.
  12. Brohg Augur

Multibinds mean this part is … highly debatable, but that's okay. The key point remains - all classes have a lot of abilities to continuously manage at high level.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

We want video!
    fransisco likes this.
  14. Skvoid Elder

Berserkers box pretty well, as their abilities refresh at about the right rate to swap to another box hit buttons swap to third and then back, also Dicho been a 1 minute cooldown means it's pretty easy to use on cooldown and a lot of their dmg comes from it. Monks don't box as well as they refresh so quickly but multibind means it's not a huge loss but its not as effective as berserker, I hate Monk's Dicho, 4 minute cooldown and 30 second duration means you often lose time on a mob if it dies before it runs out in a group content setting.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

The same mistake in every discussion has been made for 17 years, and that's trying to compare DPS without taking into account the other things a class can do. Ports, evacs, feign death etc all just get completely dismissed in DPS arguments, which is laughable. You have to assign a reasonable value to *everything* a class can do when talking about DPS, as it's only a portion of the puzzle.

Classes that suck at everything else, or literally have no other skill set, have to have higher DPS, because that's all they do. It's hard to think of a better example than zerkers.
    DinkumThinku99 likes this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ports have been irrelevant in current content for a while, at least from a wizard perspective, The guildhall can port you to every high level zone a wizard can port you to. Most players nowadays have a way to gate to pok/guildlobby/GGH with a reasonable cooldown.
    Evacs/teleport GGH(for raids) are still used, for when things go wrong though.
    Most groups I have been in, have better ways to recover than evaccing,

I only use ports to:
    • Move from GGH to pok(and back again), in order to skip the lobby lagfest.
    • Get to old zones fast.
    The newest port I have that isn't easily replaced by GGH is Pillars in VoA.

Modern ports I would like:
    • Gates of korsha, near that "rift/explosion" to the north
    • scorched woods, near chardok zone-in
    • Demiplane of decay, near cosul skull
    • Somewhere deep in TDS(not sure where, haven't done TDS yet), since there is no "hub"-zone for TDS
    • instant self-gate AA to pok
    • instant self-gate AA to bazaar, bank in buyer area
  17. fransisco Augur

There is also the fact that zerkers defend and mitigate way better than wizards do. Obviously they are not tanks, but nothing in the game has worse defense than a caster.
  18. Narogg Augur

Zerkers are an intense button pushing class to play.. Not intended for box use. Auto attack is not Playing a Zerker
  19. SonOfABiscuit Augur

the only time i out-dps a zerker is when i'm on full burn and they are not. pretty sure no class is capable of beating a zerker using burn. /shrug
  20. Coronay Augur

:rolleyes:

Ahahahahaha.