Berserker AA: Reckless Abandon bugged

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Behelit, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Behelit Augur

Reckless Abandon is currently bugged on live. I have max rank of Reckless Abandon, and ever since the change to make the chances from 50/50 to 75/25 this bug has been happening.

Here's how Reckless Abandon should work based on the past years experience with (and the spell info): hit Reckless Abandon -> Reckless Abandon Recourse I -> Reckless Abandon Recourse II -> Reckless Abandon Chance I or Reckless Abandon Chance II w/ Doom debuff

What's happening on live is there are now two VERY different recourse paths as such: hit Reckless Abandon -> Reckless Abandon Recourse I -> Reckless Abandon Chance I.
    OR: hit Reckless Abandon -> Reckless Abandon Recourse I -> Reckless Abandon Recourse II w/ the Reckless Abandon Doom debuff.

So basically in the first recourse path it completely skips over Reckless Abandon Recourse II, and in the second recourse path it skips over the Reckless Abandon Chance I/II but somehow gives the Reckless Abandon Doom debuff at the same time Reckless Abandon Recourse II is applied. The issue with both of these recourse paths being we are losing out on 12sec of our best hit dmg mod.

[13630] Reckless Abandon
    Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 50 per tick
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Not Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extend: No
    1: Increase Hit Damage by 75%
    2: Cast on Fade: Reckless Abandon Recourse I
    Text: You recklessly abandon yourself to combat.
    Allows a Berserker to throw caution to the wind and enter into a heightened state of combat at the risk of suffering terrible wounds when the burst of fury has run its course.

[13635] Reckless Abandon Recourse I
    1: Increase Hit Damage by 80%
    3: Cast on Fade: Reckless Abandon Recourse II

[13636] Reckless Abandon Recourse II
    1: Increase Hit Damage by 85%
    3: Increase Chance to Hit by 5%
    4: Cast: Reckless Abandon Chance I (75% Chance)
    5: Cast: Reckless Abandon Chance II (25% Chance)

[13637] Reckless Abandon Chance I
    1: Increase Hit Damage by 87%
    3: Increase Chance to Hit by 15%

[13638] Reckless Abandon Chance II
    Resist: Unresistable
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
    1: Cast on Duration Fade: Reckless Abandon Doom
    2: Increase Corruption Counter by 12

For some reason, despite what past experience and the spell info says, the Chance I/II roll appears to be taking place when Reckless Abandon Recourse I fades with the two options being 4: Cast Reckless Abandon Chance I (75% Chance) 5: Cast Reckless Abandon Recourse II (25% Chance). Reckless Abandon Chance II appears to then auto-cast with Reckless Abandon Recourse II.

This needs fixing please.
  2. Jonny Panic Augur

I only see three ranks of Reckless Abandon being available to me. I notice on Zam that the changeover from 50/50 to 75/25 occurs on rank 4, but, as far as I can tell (and I do have all expansions), we only have access to RA ranks 1 to 3. Perhaps a prior patch took back the next three ranks and didn't refund the AAs spent or something, but at this point there doesn't seem to be a way to move past rank 3 with it's 50/50 chance.

It sounds like it may truly be broken.
  3. Norathorr Augur

It also seems to cause us to be rooted, I think this is an even greater concern!
  4. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

That's Frenzied Resolve.
  5. Norathorr Augur

Good point! I must apologize as I have not played since early VoA! I kinda want to come back at some point but so long as key elements of the class are so frustratingly broken I just cant be arsed!