Beastlords Dps and Mana sustain.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by SonofFulgrim, May 31, 2018.

1. SonofFulgrim New Member

So I am somewhat new to my Beastlord and was hoping for some info, I have looked through the forums and found several helpful threads already, I was just curious about some more info.

One would be Dps, is there some kind of standard rotation or what not? I do Multibind, and I seem to do alright dps, but at other times people just skyrocket ahead of me. ( I am not fully current raid geared or max AAs which I know is part of it, and I'm not a Zerker so I know I just don't do silly numbers like that ). The gap just seems extremely large at times. So I was just curious if maybe I am doing something wrong and some tips/tricks would be appreciated.

The second half is mana sustain, I do multi bind 5 nukes along with standard combat skills/discs and I just chew through mana even with chaining Consume/Focus Para myself basically on CD. Is this standard for BL? should I not be using the previous exp nukes? I know I should not have infinite mana, but I can only go 3-5 mobs before I am oom. if I lighten up on the nukes to conserve mana, my Dps just drastically plummets and I lose a ton of dps and I've had even tanks out dps me then. Is there any tips/tricks for this besides the "Just cast less spells", or is it just suck up and med every 5 mobs?

Any advice is appreciated, Thank you.
  2. Bigfan Augur

This is what I do, written below is concerning spells and 1 disc/some AA only, not going to go into disc burns besides 1.

I start with Al`ele/Group Paragon, burn hard with rest of my discs, during al`ele I go HARD with 1 dot after other 2 are on a mob.

I will burn down to 20% while keeping focused Para on (after group paragon fades) and hitting consume when up. This will sustain you for a really long hard burn.

Then once Al`ele is up, I focus back on nukes, not going extremely hard, I tend to do the harder hitters first, while conserving mana, but never stopping casts. By the time Al`ele is up again, you should be back to where you were at the start, and repeat process.

Trash mobs, I go Maelstorm > Toxin > Bite > Lance, with roar at the moon when it's up.
  3. SonofFulgrim New Member

So start of fight. Al'ele, grp para, Blood, Chiil, End, spam Chill until Al'ele ends, then 4 nuke, so you don't use the previous expansion lance as well?

Okay, I will give that a shot, Thank you.
  4. Brohg Augur

single - group - single on Paragon should be more mana unless you're aiming at exactly a 3 minute duration battle?
  5. Waldagar Augur

Fully AA'ed FPOS cycles almost 2X as fast as consumption. You have to keep these two consistently on cooldown to maintain DPS. Adding in DoTs is only going to make it worse. Are you cycling in DPS discs and AAs into your sustained run?

Make sure you do not have any DoTs tied to a nuke, multibind key or you will run yourself out of mana.

You can cycle GBA, Ferociousness, 2nd Spire, Bestial Bloodrage, Roar of Thunder, chest clicky, and AAswarm pet to help keep sustained going without impacting mana.

Things that go great together and are on the same timer:
    #1 BA + SF + Bloodlust (12 min)
    #2 SR + RF + Frenzied Swipes (20min)

These days I use GINA to orchestrate my burns. Right now I use BA + SF + Bloodlust + Ale's Vindication out of the gate. When BA fades I hit SR. When SF fades I hit RF. When SR fades I hit Ferocious. When Ferocious fades I hit GBA.
  6. SonofFulgrim New Member

I do cycle Consume and F Para on CD. Right now my multibind is all the RoS nukes, so Maelstorm, Toxin, Bite, Lance with Roar at the end, and Dicto at the front. I had the previous Lance in there as well, but changed it after Bigfans advice, the dots did help the dps, but the mana is still an issue ( Open to suggestions on this, I based it off the info Anzo posted in another thread ). I can do 2-5 pending the mobs before ooming.

I have the two suggested burn keys from that post as well. I am still working on the sustain use of burns

Full disclosure, I mained a bard since 2000, and I might be switching to a Beasty for Raids, So I have kind of the frame work down for the class, but not the finer details yet. So any advice I can soak up is appreciated, not much of the bard life transferred over except some pulling tricks heh.

I will try the sustain cycle you suggested Waldagar, Ty.
  7. Waldagar Augur

Are you max AA in Consumption and FPOS? My group geared BST doesn't have those maxed and runs out of mana like you describe. My EoK raid geared BST with max AA doesn't run out of mana until 20+ minutes of sustained burn which also includes alliance (mana hog). I am raid buffed, but very seldom do we have a bard in the raid for the extra mana regen.

This may seem like a strange question but are you targetting yourself before hitting FPOS? No, I don't work for Farmer's Insurance, but I have seen a thing or two ;-)

Do you have Primalist's Synergy maxed? I have casters beating on mobs to get the string of big hits from the synergy. This is another great source of DPS with no mana involved.
  8. fortuneteller Augur

Do not forget that the equipment also Means a lot, in mana regen, and savign and such.

I know of 2 level 110 beast, 1 is raid equipped 50% max RoS, and 50% EoK and can go on and on, the other has medium equipment, and runs out after 5-6 mobs. Equipment is everything there.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

If dicho is up or about to be and you hear your GoM trigger, use it on that. That 3k+ mana gain adds up. Can buy you some extra nukage.
  10. SonofFulgrim New Member

Consume and both Paras are maxed, I do targte myself first heh, I use to make that mistake a lot when she first got it while leveling, but I have adapted to tab to myself first now. And my synergy is not maxed, When, AAs are still a work in progress which is part of my dps issues. slowly working them up.
  11. drizerker Lorekeeper

Love the sharing of info. Thanks a lot all. This answers some questions I have on my alt I have seen and also been experiencing too. Need more AA for sure. Also wont allow purchase of frienzied swipes.

That being said, looking for Beastlords here in Township Rebellion on Luclin server! You will find me on Drizerker or Clawwz. Don't be a stranger.
  12. Bigfan Augur

Beast is fun, and one of the more versatile classes. I always hated the class, until I made one.

Once you get the burn routine down, work on the mana juggle.
    Use every trick, mage mod rod/potions too.

I actually started using the caster ps and caster belt from RoS, it is fun to switch things up. And don't forget dragonmagic potion'
  13. Brohg Augur

14. SonofFulgrim New Member

My dps has been going up steadily as I've gotten more AAs, and with rotating burns a lot better with the advice given.

I thought about the caster belt, that it might be worth a go, the caster PS though? don't you lose a ton of Dex with that?
  15. SonofFulgrim New Member

I'll defiantly have to try that potion out, thank you.
  16. Waldagar Augur

The caster belt doesn't work with some of our spells:

It works fine on straight dmg spells and DoTs, but it does not appear to work on multi-component nukes such as:

Frozen Toxin

Beastlord (108)

Slot 1:Cast: Frozen Toxin Poison
    Slot 2:Cast: Frozen Toxin Ice
    Slot 3:Increase Hate by 528
    Slot 4:Current Hit Points by 0

or...

Beramos' Maelstrom

Beastlord (110)

Slot 1:Current Hit Points by 0
    Slot 2:Cast: Beramos' Maelstrom Chance
    Slot 3:Cast: Beramos' Poison Strike
    Slot 4:Cast: Beramos' Disease Strike
    Slot 5:Cast: Beramos' Ice Strike

While HH Seb is open you should camp the mushroom king and get the tunic and the staff. Both boost mana regen and I just got them both on my group geared BST. Both seem to help the cause. The snare on the regen effect on the staff needs to be clicked off if you are moving around. The good news is the clicky on the staff is insta-cast. Effect on the tunic has 85 mana regen and the clicky on the staff adds another 85 mana regen.
  17. smash Augur

Just wondering if you wanna buy Golden Gate, since you using the caster belt.

You have 3 DD it Works on, if you use lvl 102, 107 Lances, + 1 poison = 3 times = 6 times 1 min, + 3 dots = 9 times in total per min.
    ALL mana dependent.

Compare that to increase proc belt, which increases proc by 500. I am pretty sure that the damage from your procs will do a lot more damage than the increase from your spells.

The bummer in all this is that you do not get increase in DD damage from the 2 DD you use most.
  18. Brohg Augur

Staff is hp regen, not mana
  19. Waldagar Augur

True, but if you have a ranged fight the caster belt at least does something.
  20. Waldagar Augur

You are correct, sir.