/bazaar & /buyer price setting - increase please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hazimil, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Hi, at the moment both /bazaar and /buyer had a limit of 1,000,000 (1 million) plat, and there are often items going for more than that.

Therefore, would it be possible to increase this please.

Haz!
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  2. pk76 Augur

i would like as well ;)
  3. Syrup Augur

While I agree they should allow you to put higher than 1m prices on things by default... there is a way to set bazaar/buyer prices higher than 1 million by changing your bazaar.ini settings.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

Only to just over 2 million. That said if increasing the maximum prices above the current hard coded limit would involve substantial work then at least changing the settings in game to match those that you can achieve through ini file editing would be seem to be a reasonable start.
  5. Fendy Augur

I can't imagine anything in game being worth 1,000,000 plat. Certainly nothing that's tradeable. But then I first started buying and selling things in a tunnel in East Commons. this sounds like a Chinese plot.
    Elricvonclief and Tharrg like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Some people like to buy/sell rare collectibles that no longer drop and such.
    Some particularly rare items like the new high end raid gear dropping off of group trash I could see having a rather hefty price tag too.

1,000,000 is really not a whole lot nowadays in game.
  7. Sinestra Augur

1,000,000 is certainly still a whole lot of money nowadays. Maybe not on a server or two, but just because there are a few items that could sell for over one million doesn't mean it isn't still a whole lot of money.
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

Regardless that 1,000,000 plat is a large amount or not, transactions for items that have dropped have exceeded that amount. Oddly it would seem to benefit SOE to allow for a more liquid market since demand for plat by buyers would increase thus increase krono purchases.

Ruven
  9. 1andOnly Journeyman

Apparently these new CoTF global rares are worth way more, and everyone is wanting to see them listed for sale in bazaar instead of in general chat. SOE's marketing experiment last August with the cloaks and rings must have made a giant impact in krono sales, or else why continue to push such OP'ed tradeable items?
  10. Sinestra Augur

Well there is a way to alter it yourself, but there is still a cap that can't be changed at this time, so I am not sure how much they are going to do about it since it is something that has been requested for over a decade.
  11. Uuvin Augur

on povar, some folks offering 3 and 4 million each. its insane.
  12. 1andOnly Journeyman

I can only dread to imagine what some of the melee weapons are going for also. :eek:
  13. Tharrg Augur

I still dont see how people can make so much plat Legit. I know you can buy kronos and sell them.. however the people who have made 5+million plat.. I just dont see how. I have struggled to make plat and I am at the most I have ever had at any given time in the past 15 years of playing.. I am at 250K. Getting Millions I just cant see how.

I would however pay Millions to get 1 item in game....... thats the BFG.... if I could get to FV server to buy one.. I would pay Millions....
  14. Necromonious Augur

U don't see things over 1mil, eh? Lol come to FV, where serious auctions are almost always done in general chat because ROF raid T2+ gear (which is rare to see lately) usually goes for 2m+ and 8/8 sets of ROF Dreadweave usually start at 18mil.

They should increase the bazaar cap
  15. Sinestra Augur

Farming for tradeskill items, doing sub combines for tradeskills to sell, creating tradeskill armor when the expansions first open, farming nameds when the expansion opens for droppable armor, and playing the bazaar/buyer system buying low and selling high is how many people made millions. Many of them have been playing for over a decade as well.
  16. Axxius Augur

Yep. It was hard to imagine high end raid loot dropping off trash and being tradable. Now it's what EQ has come to.

How do people do it on FV? They've been trading raid loot forever.
  17. Axxius Augur

So you just trade the East Commons Tunnel style?
    "/ooc Selling uber_item_01 for 18 mil. pst"
    Really?
  18. Necromonious Augur

Yeah, I've bought that way, usually just meet at guild hall to trade. I have a magister's signet I traded for that I'm going to start auctioning for ~1.5mil cause my casters don't need the amazing clicky or extra AC/stats that much. The last most expensive item I saw listed was a cotf raid 1h piercing or something going for like 5mil. Ancient cloak of flames goes for a craptons as well. You don't see much suppressed etheric cotf gear, prolly cause no handmedowns yet. Anything less than ROF T4 u can sometimes see on bazaar, but ROF t4 is going to be above the bazaar cap on any piece
  19. 1andOnly Journeyman

Basically that in a nutshell.

For example, on Bertox I knew of at least a few box crews that would hammer out countless DH HA's (after the mark reward increase which came with the new WK or 4th Gate HA's) then just transform the marks into the latent ether pieces that people in /buyer mode were paying the most for. While the market was hot, that resulted in around 200k per hour (or more if the names inside the HA's were being generous as well)
  20. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

You make decent money mostly by selling things to other players. It "only" takes 20 items that sell for 50K to make a million PP.

That said, nowadays I've pulled >5K in raw vendor trash (gems, etc.) out of a few hours of killing stuff, without even intending to make any money. Modern NPCs are incredibly generous, it is as simple as actually looting the stuff that drops. I'm confident if I put my mind to it I could make a few hundred thousand without even selling to other players just by going to places like Old Bloodfields and clearing them for vendor trash.

I've never been one to scream "inflation", and it has been gradual at many points in EQ's history, but looking at now vs. a decade ago it is apparent that the average player's ability to make money has risen by more than an order of magnitude. One million just isn't that much anymore.