Bard with Enc

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dr Dice, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Sancus Augur

Fair enough, though depending on group size that can be infeasible/a chore, but I'd never discourage an enchanter from doing so :)
  2. Shiea Augur

Yes I don't like to do that and I am typically in wizard group but if I happen to be with mage that is what I do. but usually only 2 mage will get MR cause its hard to maintain more targets than that.
  3. Vlerg Augur

assuming the 3-box is legit... no 3rd party software, i'd have to agree.

if the group overall efficiency is based around 1 toon being played well, a second toon being half- and the last one being an AFK-bot + merc carrier... then bard would win; enchanter need to be activly nuking in order to proc chromatic haze.

that being said, How does chromatic haze work with necro DoT? I know it's iffy with mages rain.
  4. Dr Dice Elder

Right now I have the Wizard on my second gaming machine hotkey up with my Logitech keyboard to spam nukes. Key binding the first 3/4 spell gems. /Assist then spam nukes... so far the easist box I have ever used.

So I would be really pulling on necro and nuking on enc in between casting hotkey dots on necro. I would really miss track tho! (or learn to pull on enc) I would really missing tracking tho!

Using a 4k monitor on both PCs, so I can have two EQ windows up without any overlapping. I am hooked to the point I may have to turn my Sk on and level him from 95 now! (necro pet nerf seems worse than I thought)
  5. Siddar Augur

Bard helps Necro more, Enc helps Wiz more. I use both with necro the plan is to drop the enchanter to f2p eventually after I'm satisfied with number of AA on enchanter.
  6. Feradach Augur

Encanters don't have Selo's. Bard FTW!
    Dre. and code-zero like this.
  7. Random_Enchanter Augur

Haze works rather well with Mage rains, tested it out because i like making people do double takes. It is only used on the first rain of the rain but it does work

Haze & prepared Wizzy works just as well.

I do not belive that Haze works with some necro dots buts that more based off what spam i see when the haze charge wheres off. I haven't acualy tested anything yet.

Haze & IoG & Prepared mage/wizzy is silly hilaious.This is to the point where i suspect wizzys will be able to break 1 million points of damage on a single nuke when they are better geared. I've personaly seen quite a few 980ks from wizzys using degraded foci. Mages are hitting upwards of 880k-940k on the first of the wave + the other waves, its just more impressive with wizzys
  8. Siddar Augur

Chromatic Haze doesn't affect necromancer DoT's.
  9. RPoo Augur

It was working for whatever this necro was trying - mentioned something about flesh to poison. But 90k is nothing compared to mage/wiz or even another chanter

[Tue Nov 25 20:16:48 2014] Your Chromatic Haze spell has worn off of Necro.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:16:48 2014] Necro hit Combat Dummy Fana for 94000 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:16:48 2014] Combat Dummy Fana staggers as a sinister force tugs at their soul.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:16:48 2014] Necro staggers as a sinister force tugs at their soul.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:11 2014] Your Chromatic Haze spell has worn off of Necro.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:11 2014] Necro hit Combat Dummy Fana for 28185 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:11 2014] Combat Dummy Fana is wracked by poison.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:29 2014] Your Chromatic Haze spell has worn off of Necro.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:29 2014] Necro hit Combat Dummy Fana for 93458 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:29 2014] Combat Dummy Fana is wracked by poison.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:51 2014] Your Chromatic Haze spell has worn off of Necro.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:51 2014] Necro hit Combat Dummy Fana for 96012 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:17:51 2014] Combat Dummy Fana is wracked by poison.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:18:17 2014] Your Chromatic Haze spell has worn off of Necro.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:18:17 2014] Necro hit Combat Dummy Fana for 94479 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:18:17 2014] Combat Dummy Fana is wracked by poison.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:19:56 2014] Your Chromatic Haze spell has worn off of Necro.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:19:56 2014] Necro hit Combat Dummy Fana for 94426 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:19:56 2014] Combat Dummy Fana staggers as a sinister force tugs at their soul.
    [Tue Nov 25 20:19:56 2014] Necro staggers as a sinister force tugs at their soul.
  10. Siddar Augur

Flesh to Poison is a proc nuke triggered by casting of DoT's. Normally Chromatic Haze wont work for procs because of requirement for a mana cost of at least 10 mana. Flesh to Poison happens to be a very rare proc that does have a mana cost to its proc.
  11. RPoo Augur

Cool, cool. Necros are awesome, bless their hearts, but still not my preferred assigned group.
  12. RPoo Augur

*Personal results may vary, these results are not typical. Special conditions must be set up. These results were produced for fun entertainment*
    [IMG]
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Regarding Enchanter DPS, I've seen some sustain 100k on raids depending on the raid.

265k DPS or w/e was said is obtainable, I've seen a 400k+ parse off a chanter before..Granted it was 7 seconds!

I play a Magician and have a Chanter friend who routinely out crits me, it's awesome to see his dps spike up, too bad they can't sustain it :p.
  14. Momentum Elder

As others have stated there is no competition at all in terms of ADPS for a wizard between a bard and an enchanter. A bard adds next to nothing to a wizard. However, if we're going to talk about the personal DPS bring, a non slacking bard should be burning 60-70k and sustaining 20+, rather than the 15k mentioned earlier.
  15. Apoc Augur

Bard should always go with nec>mag>wiz enc is better for mage and wiz. Unless you have a surplus of bards they should always be with melee
  16. Dr Dice Elder

Thank you for the feedback, because I also play my bstlord sometimes in place of Necro gonna get Bard for now. Might make an Enc so other time tho.