Bard with Enc

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dr Dice, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Dr Dice Elder

Boxing I just started running a Wizard. Current setup is Necro (main), Bard singing and now Wizard. From a max dps stand point how much is the bard really adding to the Wizards dps?

Previous setup was Bard, Nec, Shm but replaced Shm with a Wizard to play around with ports and more dps.
  2. Dr Dice Elder

Typo, meant to say Bard vs Enc for my new setup
  3. Vlerg Augur

ench is vastly superior to the bard from a wizard standpoint.

bard song dosen't stack with kerafyrm familiar, and the enchanter chromatic haze is just like heroin.
  4. silku Augur

If you have a wizard, enchanter will provide tons more DPS with Gift of Chromatic Haze, Gracious Gift of Mana, and Illusions of Grandeur but ONLY if the chanter is casting dps as well. The bard will provide more IF you are just playing songs and afking him, and the chanter is just doing auras. But if you are gonna hit spells on the chanter, go with chanter hands down.
  5. Dr Dice Elder

It the bard still superior for the Necro tho? (my main has raid focus etc)
  6. Vlerg Augur

you have a wizard. if you arn't raiding, mob should die fast enough that the necro hardly have time to stack dots.

chanters at 105 can burn for over 100k... and sustain 50kish? while the bard sustain... 15k... and burn at 15.5k?

you have to take that into account aswell.
  7. Dr Dice Elder

An Enc sustaining 50k? What changed in the year I was gone!
  8. Shiea Augur

Sustained is around 52k yes. Full burn mode I've seen 275k parses before.
  9. silku Augur

Enchanters got some decent nukes, and some really good ADPS that is based on those nukes. So while the enchanter did go up a bit, wizards with an enchanter sustain quite a bit higher than 50k dps.
  10. Dr Dice Elder

Is this raid or group setting? I have never been grouped with any enc that even does 25k sustained.
  11. silku Augur

We've easily been over 25k in group setting for a while now, especially if charming. But the expansion has been very good to us with the new gift of chromatic haze.
  12. Dr Dice Elder

Wow, I might just replace the bard with an Enc. Bard has 10k aa and RoF raid gear but might try an Enc anyhow.

Twincast aura and MR line still the best to aura?
  13. silku Augur

In most situations. Unless there is a druid in the group, or if you have a soft tank or something. Unless we have some other unique situation, I run twincast and MR exclusively.
  14. Sancus Augur

I really don't see an enchanter that's being 3-boxed in a group setting sustaining 50k...
  15. Ravengloome Augur

Group with better enchanters.
    silku likes this.
  16. Shiea Augur

This line up varies depending on the makeup of your group. If you have a wizard/magician, Amplify and MR are your best options by far. If you have a necro, swap out amplify for twincast. Wizards and mages are twincasting every 4:30 so they only benefit from that part of the time, as opposed to amplify benefiting them ALL the time. Necros however, twincast for SURE. and of course MR IF you are not utilizing RB for group heals.
  17. Sancus Augur

Mages receive no benefit from Amplifying Aura. It doesn't affect RS/Rains, and the SPA it uses (413) is bugged so it does not work on Spear/Bolt/Storm either.

Edit: that's assuming they didn't fix it last patch. Even if it did affect Spear, I'd still use TC as you'll see many mages in the group game weaving RS->Rain->Rain->Spear, and TC is will be about a 10% increase (Rk 3) in DPS on three of those spells. Amp Aura would boost one of those spells (Spear) by a little bit less than 4%.
  18. Shiea Augur

Yes this is true that rains and bolts this does not work on. It does for everything else though.
  19. Sancus Augur

But those are the only spells we cast :). I'm not qualified to comment on wizards, but if you're in a group with mages you're doing them a disservice to run Amp+MR vs TC+MR.
    Mintalie likes this.
  20. Shiea Augur

Or you can go optimal mode and use amp+tc with single target mr.