Bank in EC tunnel.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NeoSpring, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Rauven Augur

And I'm saying they don't need to fix a problem we caused. The EC tunnel is a method to get to the Desert of Ro via bypassing Freeport. That's its intended function.

Players in their infinite wisdom decided to use it as a trade hub. They picked an area that has no bank. That is the fault of the players, not the original developers. Freeport, Greater Faydark, Erudin, Neriak, Qeynos, Rivervale, Oggok, Grobb, Paineel, Cabalis, Akanon, Felwith, Kaladim, and Highkeep are all places you all could use. Pick one. You have choices.

None of this "we made a mistake, we need coddling," business.

As for bazaar, that wasn't even in the OP, and has been discussed in many other threads. Use the search function and make your point there. Maybe I'll reply to it.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  2. Atomos Augur

You have no useful argument for not adding a banker to EC. Online games have made changes for the player base for decades. Sometimes the developers intend for one thing, but it doesn't work out, the players take it in a different direction and so the developers continue their design from the stance of the players instead.

Threads end up about more than the title topic basically 99% of the time, get used to it. Though it doesn't sound like you'll have any useful argument against a Classic Bazaar either.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

Yep, they called it Fay-Mart.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

It isn't a city or town, so it shouldn't have a bank. There is a useful argument.
  5. Atomos Augur

The Overthere outpost has a bank, it's not a city or a town. Probably barely has any more NPCs than EC tunnel, too. Surefall Glade has a bank and it's in the same situation, a tiny area with a non city/town population or amount of structures.

There is a banker in Runnyeye and Chardok, and other dungeons if I'm not mistaken.

We can also eventually summon a banker to anywhere in the world.

Pointless arguments are exactly that.

Imagine being against quality of life or the addition of a simple banker NPC that only makes the game better for everyone. And then the depths you have to dig for an excuse because there really isn't one XD
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Yes runneye and chardok have banks. They are both cities/towns. Kinda cool that they decided to let some NPCs have banks. As for the overthere. It is an outpost that is supposed to be the beach head for the entire evil forces in Kunark, so yes, it is a town, just like FV is. As for surefall, I would assume they added a bank to it because it is a starter location for newbie human rangers and druids.

Yes, eventually we can summon a bank anywhere in the world. Might as well be arguing for that as well from Classic forward.

As if the game hasn't been watered down enough. Why don't you guys lobby for mobs to run up and open a trade window with their gear and loot and then fall over for exp and summon a banker or parcel NPC on death?
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Every TLP there is a ton of posts about what they should change in classic. The thing is, if you hate classic that much, DON'T PLAY CLASSIC. Wait a few months and start in Luclin when you get the Bazaar.
    Tweakfour17 and Captain Video like this.
  8. Atomos Augur

Every patch there are changes to TLP, the amount of differences between Phinigel which launched 6 years ago and Mischief (aside from the ruleset of course) is pretty high.

If you hate change that much, don't play TLP, because there are literally TLP changes in every single patch. Probably don't play any online game at all.
  9. Rauven Augur

And your argument is akin to a tantrum.

How about having integrity and fixing your own mistake. It is your fault the tunnel sucks. Yours and yours alone. You want Daybreak to fix a problem you caused. You're not weaseling out of that.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

No there are changes almost every patch to how TLPs are because of the incessant crying on the forums. The reason most people play a TLP is to get closer to what the game was. Then the forum warriors come in and cry and make noise until DBG changes things.

Probably the best thing DBG could do for EQ would be to shut down the forums or to at least never act on any of the comments.
  11. Rauven Augur

To be fair, there are a few changes here and there that needed to happen, some of the raid difficulties had to be tuned or a 16,000hp dragon (naggy/vox) would drop in a few seconds (by comparison the Golems in the Hole have 10,000hp).

However, the issue with the tunnel is like I said, not a problem created by the game, its updates over the years, or any decisions made by the developers in 22 years. It is an issue created by the players who have not changed in that amount of time and then finally realized.. oh crap this zone doesn't have everything we need.

But instead of picking a better zone, they want amenities added. Again, not to cover anything the developers did, but a problem created by players 22 years ago.

And its an easy problem to fix for the players. When a TLP opens up, take your FBSS's, Guise's, Cloaks of Flames, and other big ticket items and sell them in the new zone. When people send you a tell asking where it is, tell them to meet you in the new zone. They'll go there, I'm sure of it. Not many are going to dig their heels in and say "No, its CL tunnels or nothing! Its how its always been and how it will always be!" Need proof? Watch where all the stuff goes when Nexus and PoK is available. CL dies the moment Luclin pops open. And not because of the Bazaar either.
  12. Atomos Augur

No one is throwing a fit here. Sorry that you aren't used to dealing with reasonable people.

The weirdness of blaming me for EC tunnel is probably the furthest reach I've ever seen on these forums though.

I didn't make the post about EC tunnel needing a bank, I think it should have one but not enough for me to make a post about it. I'd rather it be turned into an actual hub with everything, including a banker and a Bazaar.

If no one ever made any complaints, suggestions, or feedback on the forums, what kind of changes would the game even get?

Wrong, people are playing TLP because they want to play a cooperative RPG. TLP was already leaps and bounds different from Classic when it started 6 years ago. And that's why it's so much more successful than P99 or any of the prior progression servers. Because it's a better version of that cooperative RPG.

Thankfully the company knows that QoL improvements do wonders for both the players and the staff, and they continue to make changes and additions with every patch, regardless of someone on the forums QQing about QQ.

How can you legitimately say this with a straight face?

And developers creating content based on the areas that players have gravitated to is not a new concept, Ultima Online was doing it in 1997, 24 years ago.

On the opposite end of that spectrum, Surefall Glade didn't have a bank in Classic, it was added 8 years after launch. Have you ever been to Surefall Glade? It's always a ghost town, there's no reason to be there, whether it has a bank or not. Yet a bank was added there despite one being just a couple zones away.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

All mmo's are cooperative RPGs. That isn't a valid argument. People specifically choose TLPs over live for nostalgia and racing. Those are the primary factors that drive TLPs.

Probably the best QOL they could do for the game would be to shut down the ability of players to post on the forums.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

While some changes did need to happen, we have had a steady stream of crying and complaining that has done nothing but gather steam. Aradune was a tipping point for forum crying where it went so bad so fast, that it went off the rails. Now, some of that they brought on themselves by promising something they couldn't deliver. But I feel that they thought they could deliver it. They just didn't realize the effects of Karendune and weaponized petitions.

I can't speak for you specifically, but I like the TLPs because it is as close as I can get to replaying the glory days of EQ with friends. I can join a raid guild and race or just hammer along slowly. However, each and every time people start asking for changes, the game gets a little worse. It is like people play on a TLP but want live rules. If you really want live rules, play on live!
  15. Rauven Augur

I pretty much agree with you.

I didn't get to see the stuff in Aradune, was taking a break, last TLP I played on before that was Ragefire to Agnarr. Pretty much all the changes being made in that time frame was to give the difficulty a bit of a boost in some areas and to add the /pick feature and the queue so the tens of thousands who wanted to play could play.

Funny thing about that. Tens of thousands, for a few servers before making things easier. So things like CL tunnels not having a bank can't be that bad. And I believe the reason for that is selling Classic-Velious gear is simply not that important except to a small minority. Personally I can count the number of things I've sold on one hand. Most of the other stuff is just vendored or given to alts or lowbies.

But then again, there's people who think some of this crap is worth 50,000pp+
  16. Atomos Augur

rofl, just what kind of racing do you think happens on TLP?

Nostalgia is part of it, but not nostalgia for:
    -Racing, which doesn't exist on TLP, and barely exists on P99
    -Extremely long respawn timers
    -Corpse runs
    -Coin having weight
    -No cash shop with EXP pots and bags
    -No infinitely spawning pickzones
    -No DZs
    -No parcel NPC
    -Hybrid EXP penalties
    -No translocators and having to ride boats
    -No out of era Origin ability
    -No Melee augments
    -No Banestrike
    -No rebalanced spells
    -Only 1 DoT in a line allowed from any single player

Shall I go on?

People care so little about racing that there was a period of time on P99, the server that is supposed to be the most Classic like, where raid guilds weren't allowed to engage a raid target for a certain amount of time once they'd killed it. The staff had a whole site dedicated to their hybrid "rotation" model that kept track of which guild couldn't participate in a raid target. On both TLP and P99, raid targets are usually locked down by a small percentage of the overall community, usually being just 1 guild with no competition. I've continually watched open world raid targets be defeated on TLP with no contest for the past 6 years.

People have nostalgia for the cooperative RPG aspect of the game. How each class brings something unique and useful to the group/guild/raid. People just want to kill named and raid spawns (both ones they've killed in the past and maybe ones they never killed before) and get loot, preferably with a group of friends they enjoy playing with, no one here is looking to experience a replica of Classic EQ. And who can blame them when TLP is so much better.

If you actually felt like removing the forums was a good idea, you wouldn't be using them in the first place. You don't even abide by your own ideals, which says a lot about the rest of the things you say.
  17. Rauven Augur

Now he's yammering on about P99 like it has any basis in this thread. FFS people.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

CL tunnel was the default on most original servers because it was a place where all race/class/deity/faction character could meet without the guards murdering anyone
    Stymie and Yinla like this.
  19. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

You can just use the POK tradeskill/parcel/spells as an example of adapting to player base. PoK has far more in it now then originally intended. You can go to baz from PoK and it’s literally 2 zones away through nexus.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Sol A has a goblin banker... or is it a merchant? Now I forget. Near the cleric epic spawn.