balance.. where art thou?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMajestykx Augur

but hey on another note....that video is good advertising for hey tell me again how hard the mobs are in EoK for those that were ballyhooing about that.... just my 2cp
  2. Vdidar Augur

It only makes sense
  3. Seldom Augur

So someone makes an accurate post about current class balance, including calling out their own class as well in original post. Even puts up a video just to be clear. Yet, folks still try to play it off as putting other classes under the bus or your monks etc. MUST BE BAD if getting outparsed by tank LOLZ. Well minez put out these numberz, all is balanced! EQLive forums for you. Things like Warrior stances should have never been added to game and were overpowered from beginning. When some folks tried to explain that with simple logic too, it was lolz no it isn't, git mur good and play with better people. If folks were more honest things would get nerfed and balanced quicker. Better for game =p
  4. Minato Augur

ok after my raids last night i can say warrior stance is extremely over powered and usually im pretty confident. no im not calling for nerfs but if the devs are going to make tank classes all push numbers like that they need to give real dps classes a big boost (minus zerks) but we all know how daybreak runs so R.I.P warrior stance
  5. Nightops Augur

We just keep on sucking.
  6. Lisard Silly

This is what happens when Devs play a class. one of the bigger devs plays a SK, thats why they are super insane right now. he prolly boxes a zerker too.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

All 3 tanks can do this, it is nothing special to sk. This is due to raid gear and weak mobs in static zones, full group helps too.
  8. Gundolin Augur

If your clerics can make pie how come they always burn the bread?
    Lily likes this.
  9. p2aa Augur

Oh, yes warriors are in your DPS groups in raid, and not in tank groups ? Where do you put your melee DPS ? In tanks groups with clerics ?
    And I'm sure you compare the DPS of a warrior in a DPS group with ADPS, while the knight is in a tank group ? Got ya, things are balanced right from start...
    I have no doubt that a SK in a DPS group too will do more DPS than a warrior.

Now about stance, the situation before them was that knights received a 2 min 36 % mitigation disc, which were putting way closer to warriors. This is where the stance have been created to give warrior an edge back. The edge became too strong for warriors, ok but putting same % for knights did put back the situation as bad as before stance.
    I'm against removing the defensive stance, because tanks classes need to get a 24/24 advantage on non tank classes. Put lower % though ok, like 10 % for knights and 15 % for warriors, and keep the knight advantage of 4% and warrior innate 5%.
    Reduce also power of other tank DPS stance if you want and it's really a threat to pure DPS classes, but would need to be done for the 3 tank classes equally.

That being said, you make a post calling to nerf 2 classes and boost significantly one other, yes devs will ignore this post without a doubt.
  10. p2aa Augur

All tank classes can do it, but the SK has a real advantage on the AE aggro power boost to keep all mobs on him for the duration of the fight. Because he can refresh AE aggro with a lot of tools way faster than the other 2 tank classes. Once aggro is settled, yay mitigation wise all tank classes can survive using their own abilities.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

Allow me to point you towards your new harmonious.......
  12. Seldom Augur

1.) Posts like yours P2aa is why all tanks classes have stances now. Thanks for that ;). It was silly and overpowering when one class had it, which was stated countless of times. It's silly and overpowering now that all tank classes have it. 2.) No, Shadowknights can't sustain 350k dps. 3.) No tank class should have sustainable, infinite, unbreakable aggro, on whatever amount of mobs. Hint: not all tank classes can do that while half sleeping and watching TV. Warriors can do it just as easy as Shadowknights. Just by getting a heal you now produce enormous AE aggro effortlessly lol
  13. dwish Augur

I have a feeling this thread is going to quickly turn into another knight vs warrior whine fest. As for the OP's actual thread, this was an outright call to nerf of a class or classes, which is supposed to be against the form rules. This is the exact kind of post that actually does usually get classes nerfed, one that is based on half truths and outright jealously.
  14. Lianeb Augur

I would like to see the healing parse for this. You know cause SK self healing isn't good enough according to some.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

its gonna be skewed to no end because of the alliance spells, yeah because of them........
  16. Lianeb Augur

You must have missed the first edition Drogba video of him killing spiders in lcea with a dps merc.
  17. Maedhros High King

Youre a monster Drogba.
    I can tank a full etw there, but my high dps group mates get smoked if terrible paladin ae agro stuff is down.
    This is where the difference between paladin and sk harmonious becomes very apparent.
    Nice work SKs for getting the lifetap portion of harmonious nerfed in BETA while trying to get that turned into a separate spell, it could have been even worse!
  18. mackal Augur

660 base damage for BiS warrior weapon is pretty nice.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Also you should communicate with your group and burn through them single target, this will allow you to space out your ae agro tools so that healing/ambient agro never pulls it, but you can easily keep single target agro and burn through the bunch around the same speed. Love them ae dps nerfs! also once you get that 7200 rune sword, you'll never have to worry about that anyhow

You do realize if the lifetap on all targets would have remained it would be even easier to do this than it is now.
    Maedhros likes this.
  20. YellowBelly Augur

You know a serious problem in EQ exists when multiple lurkers come out of the woodwork to share their quips. Also a good idea not to allow embedding on your Youtube videos if your showing something op.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.