/autoskill macros?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Apr 19, 2017.

1. HeatherPurrs Augur

How is this used?

/pause 1, /autoskill 1

or

/pause 360, /autoskill on
    /pause 1, /autoskill off

I want to add it to a macro let it do it's thing for a burn, then I want control back.

Thank you!
  2. Goodn Augur

From the patch notes:
    - Added the ability for level 61 and higher level players to automatically activate basic combat skills (Backstab, Bash, Frenzy, Kick, Tiger Claw, etc) while auto-attacking:
    - - The hold-right click menu for combat skill hot buttons now has an 'Auto Activate' toggle to enable/disable the automatic activation of these skills.
    - - The slash command /autoskill can also be used to toggle the automatic activation of these skills.

Without having tried it on Test, it would seem that you set a flag for each basic combat skill you have in your hot buttons. When you turn /autoskill on and auto-attack, the game will check which combat skills you have flagged for autoskill and do those at appropriate intervals. I have no idea what happens when you have two competing basic combat skills (like most of the Monk stuff). I suspect the system isn't granular enough yet to create sets for autoskill.

You should be able to create a macro with /autoskill in it. Use it at the start of your burn. Hit it again at the end...that's how I'd want to use it given your above situation. If you really want to add it into a burn macro, you would need to have a second button or waste two lines (one to turn it on and one to turn it off). Seems like a waste in a burn macro...
    HeatherPurrs and svann like this.
  3. Zish Elder

There is zero reason to ever turn this off. Otherwise, it's a dps loss.
    Cakekizy and svann like this.
  4. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Your command line should work fine, any reason you only want it during burn? I would think most are spamming whatever skills already in a multibind, why not just let it fire on its own all the time?

Zish- seriously, zero reason? There are plenty of reason to use it lol.
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

I link hotkeys and hotbars/hotkeys... I can with the press of a button run an unlimited number of macro lines within the game using in game functions and calls. An example of this online is
    http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=2973.0

I really just want to know the command line usage. If it's an all or nothing thing then your average player may find it useful, I will not however. There must be a way to turn it on for specific skills and then turn it off again in a macro. There must be. I'm certain the devs are hardcore macro writers as well.
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

I want full control at all times. I'm not letting the game decide when to fire a skill, except in specific circumstances. The only reason this /autoskill is appealing is that at certain specific times I want max damage. I do not want "Tiger Claw" (for example) firing on its own during normal play.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I'll probably turn it on and never look back. I can't imagine saving Frenzy for a burn (when it's like 9s cooldown with amplified up), and maybe I've got a gap in my strategy but I never use slam/bash to interrupt spell casters.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  8. mackal Augur

/autoskill <skillname> will toggle.

Also, when do you not want max damage?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  9. smash Augur

Its very situational when to use and what then to use.

In free area without need for cc can use ae otherwise no ae. Got 2 abilities on same timer.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

/g It's not always about max damage. Often times I want to save a skill and fire it at a specific time as it can be the difference between me grabbing aggro or not grabbing aggro. I may want to have a mob turn to me or not... But that's not the only time I want to control what my toon is doing. Another example is, Tiger Claw will for example always fire gouge when I hit it. I can and do want to chose when that fires. Lots of situations where I want control. These skills weren't added to autoattack for a reason and that reason is still valid.
  11. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Just so you can reference, for those that dont want it firing off tons of skills, its semi limited in what you can use. ive included my sk, ber and monk and what shows autoskillable.

sk: Usage: /autoskill name - Usable skill names: Bash.

Ber: Usage: /autoskill name - Usable skill names: kick or frenzy.

Monk: Usage: /autskill name - Usable skill names: dragon punch, eagle strike, flying kick, kick, round kick, or tiger claw.

So for monk, you either say, im always usin flyin kick so all you do is, /autskill flying kick. thats all that will ever fire off. Maybe you use one of the skills that activates eagle claw or what not. you can add to that skills macro a line like,
    /autoskill flying kick
    /autoskill eagle claw
    /alt act (whatever)
    etc...

really it just looks like its good for a single skill set you use. They mention right click settings on the button but so far i havent found anyway to right click set anything. ill update if i find more.

edit: Just to note, /autoskill on and /autoskill off do nothing. if you want something on/off its the name of skill. (for Op's question on macro usage.)

update: So in regards to the right click menu, it has to be the skill on a bar somewhere, not right clicked from the actions menu itself. just adds Auto Activate with a * if it is.
  12. mackal Augur

Gouging Claws of the Jade Tiger's fire rate is low enough that I would just continue to mash it, or keep it in autoskills.
  13. Brohg Augur

Berserkers are in the opposite situation, there are reasons to turn Autoskill OFF for burns.
  14. mackal Augur

I haven't played a BER at high levels, but why is this? Is frenzy wasting counters on a disc or something?
  15. Brohg Augur

Specifically, the 10 crippling hits granted by Dicho
  16. Tucoh Augur

Good to know, thanks.
  17. Vindicate Elder

I'd let something else smash bash all day long for me on my tanks! I have no problem at all with that, and I wouldn't exactly say I was a veteran or anything.... unless of course you're counting all the vet AA? I don't think post 61 I've tried to interrupt a complete heal on a mob.....ever?

Backstab on my rogue? Oh yes please just let that thing autofire, especially with frenzied stabbing disc. No I will never ever ever turn this off and I can certainly agree with anyone that says there is 0 reason to. Literally so many ways to manage agro now post 61 I would never stop backstabbing for any reason, as a matter of fact on my corpses you'll still see one arm pushing outwards repeatedly.

Anybody with kick? Yea 0 reason to turn that off. Oh wait, hold on guys, I'm so sorry, I seem to have kicked this mob while I was raging on it with my club. Yeaaaa? No..

Berserker frenzy? I'd like some parses to show its not worth it to be quite honest.

Monks? Really who cares, nobody else seems to care about monks, why start now! :p If there is a monk owner out there apologizing profusely to his group for kicking a mob over punching it? Well that guy probably doesn't need /autoskill. If there is a guy out there spamming the toggle of autoskill. ROFL. Missing the point apparently.

I think any of the situational drama you could come up with for not using it would be way more involved than just letting it ride.

If you've got a different opinion, save it! You're wrong!
    Sendori and Cakekizy like this.
  18. mackal Augur

Ferocious Kick sounds like a good reason to
  19. svann Augur

I just wish they would add selos kick to it. No reason to not fire it off whenever autoattack is on. But its an aa so technically not a basic combat skill, even if its just like a basic combat skill.
  20. smash Augur

I right click the kick ability but there dont appear anything about autoskill.
    So what do i do wrong?