/autoskill macros?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Lubianx Augur

Change that to level 70 probably and I would agree with you. Remember POP, LDoN and Gates have a lot of mobs that gate or CH. I remember trying to time my bashes to plenty of gating mobs that were unstunnable around that era. Pity that most abilities these days don't give a chance to bash and mobs dont really gate anymore on low health.

I definitely wont be putting taunt on auto :)
    Zarsil likes this.
  2. Strawberry Augur

Hm, so during frenzied backstabbing it just keeps up with the disc? Just wondering.
    Zarsil likes this.
  3. daranged Lorekeeper

To me its for lazy players im so set on mashing them its automatic already (like built in cruise control) so even if was on so used to mashing them will still mash,like gettin up in morning first thing ya pee,wash hands brush teeth yawn etc
  4. Vindicate Elder

I agree you wont, because you can't :p Very few skills have the ability to be on auto, for tanks its bash only. Only bash, not some sorta 3rd party program kinda thing I saw someone else posting about and how its going to ruin the world and EQ and change the game and drive it all into the ground and all that bla bla bla. Its bash, and kick, and frenzy, and some monk stuff, and backstab.

And to answer Strawberry's question, yes, it works with frenzied stabbing, pretty neat.

Someone else posted something about Ferocious Kick a ranger AA, no I'm afraid not. No AAs. Its really basic just for Kick Bash Backstab Frenzy, if its a melee attack in the little actions window that you can put in slots 1-6 by right clicking, it can probably be auto skilled, anything else, no.

I've seen a lot of weird strange end of EQ posts by people that have no idea what they're talking about :p Its not the end of the world, its not automated EQ, its not gloom and doom, its hardly going to be a major impact since for the people that would be using those skills they'd already have it on a one button smash bar, outside of a tank, single clicking bash, or having it in a taunt macro. I'm really going to enjoy it to be quite honest because I don't click bash nearly enough, and with the EoK bash proc shields weeee I might actually get a proc off now.
  5. Vindicate Elder

I like your name! It fits! And sure I'll be lazy with 100% raid attendance and autoskill on :p Call me lazy all day long :p
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

Why yes...yes it does. It also works on sneak attacks.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

If you read the patch notes, it says to right click and hold on the hot key. The button on your actions window is not a hot key. Put a hotkey on your hot bar and then do it.
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or maybe for those who suffer from repetitive stress injuries after 17 years of eq and other computer use. Not sure I will use it or not but sometimes I go days logged in and just handling guild business while I wait for the pain to go down. I need to be able to use my computer at work I don't NEED to play eq.

I don't campaign or push for changes like this but I can see how it will benefit some. The answer to every EQ change is not always lazy players. I just wish people would stop going to the most negative reason for anything right off the bat.
  9. fransisco Augur

this.

Its not clear from the patch notes that the actual kick button doesn't work for this.
  10. Janakin Augur

I know I was trying to do it from the kick button on the menu bar. My bash and kick are macro'd on other keys so did not even have a hot button for either. :D
  11. Deloehne Augur

Ferocious Kick fires off a normal kick. At level X

Deals 12500 damage and has a 11 percent chance to trigger Fury of the Forest.

Kick is therefore on my spam hot bar. /autoskill kick frees up one line in one macro on that hot bar (I'm sure I will find a use for it) and it is possible that kick will fire slightly more often this way.

At least for rangers, I have not found a reason not to kick and not to /autoskill kick.
  12. Lubianx Augur

I originally thought it was for any of the abilities within the combat tab. My mistake there (should have looked first).
    Anyway I am wondering why disarm wasn't added. Even though it doesn't really do anything in today's game, it wouldn't hurt for it to be added.
  13. Vindicate Elder

I think professional berserkers might not use it because they want to coordinate certain attacks with key presses of Dicho. Mine however will be using it because I am not a professional berserker and I generally just smash away at one button while mobs collapse all around me from the weight of what is essentially a naked AAless toon with an axe. I have been known to go complete rage on a mob with just 10% health. Cuz that mob should DIE!
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I was wondering about disarm also. When it stopped being useful for actually disarming mobs I had always thought it generated aggro and so was good for that but I am wondering if that is actually true.
  15. Farm Owl New Member

The /autoskill is an option you can use. your regular skill still works people. Why are you all freaking out? Your skills are situational? Really in what situation can you tell me where you can't simply type /autoskill (whatever) to turn it off or on. Or even better turn it off and enter it again with a different skill.the refresh for the skills is what? 10 sec at most.
    If your playing a DPS class and your stealing aggro from your tanks. I find it amusing to see that someone put this. If you think Frenzy is the reason you have aggro problems then possibly you need to learn your class ALOT better and your tanks need to more.
  16. GoldenFrog Augur

Some people care to maximize the capabilities of a class, and some are happy with auto attack.

Everyone plays differently. This /autoskill is another that's a tool to be used. Situationally for those who try to be the best they can be, and Exclusively for those who don't.

EQ has room for both types and all in the middle.
  17. HeatherPurrs Augur

THIS IS HOW PEOPLE MAKE MY IGNORE LIST. First it's spelled "a lot" and second you are utterly clueless. Buh bye.
  18. Zish Elder

So... do you have any insight on where he was misinformed? Or did you just stop by to insult the guy and add him to your ignore list?
    svann likes this.
  19. Lubianx Augur

Still want to know why disarm wasn't added to auto.

I am still scratching my head on this one.
  20. HeatherPurrs Augur

I think thisis DB's way of saying this skill is no longer useful in combat.