Auras for all classes at level 105--input needed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mintalie Augur

My question is simple. Discounting auras that are usable by all classes (CoM, CoP, etc.), I would like to know for all classes who keeps a class-specific aura (or two!) up at all times, i.e. enchanters can and do run two auras. Here's a handy list of all classes to help!

Bard
    Beastlord
    Berserker
    Cleric
    Druid
    Enchanter--can and do use two auras
    Magician--can and do use one aura
    Monk
    Necromancer
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Shadowknight
    Shaman
    Warrior
    Wizard
  2. guado Augur

Druid auras are useless and have been for quite some time.
    Useless as in, Enchanters and Bards get a better one that focuses better and is preferred over a Druid.
    Useless as in, only use in the absence of an Enchanter or Bard.

Druids could use a new aura.
    Oh and we didn't even get the Fire one for TDS. We only got the Cold one. Rationalization: we are discontinuing the less popular spell lines. Which is not true. Fire is always used over Cold unless there are specific resist requirements.
    Perplexed likes this.
  3. Naugrin Augur

When you had both, wasn't the cold one slightly more damage? So why was fire "always used?"
  4. guado Augur

Fire always had more damage.

Wildblaze 1: Decrease Current HP by 2171
    Text: You are struck by fire.

Frostcloak 1: Decrease Current HP by 2174
    Text: You are frozen by an icy blast.

Ok I stand corrected. My logic under using fire over cold was more due to resists. The example is from the VoA set.
  5. Naugrin Augur

Wizards have never gotten an aura.
  6. Naugrin Augur

Don't get me wrong, I never particularly cared which was used as I knew the damage was close hehehe. Are the fire procs' damage increased by skin to saplings type spells? If so, you could make a case to get the fire one back. Then again wizzies made a case for fire based symp procs that has fallen on deaf ears lately.
  7. Mintalie Augur

What about the druid regen aura?
  8. Tadenea Augur

some classes who did not get aura got a trap and some got screwed on both
    Rangers got nothing
    Shamans and Rogues I believe got Traps no Auras
    Paladins got Aura
    Shadowknights Nothing
    Beastlords Nothing
    Berserkers got Aura
    Monks got Aura
  9. guado Augur

Two incarnations, one at 55 and one at 70. The regen gained is too insignificant to even consider slightly useful.
  10. guado Augur

I believe they are, but honestly, I would prefer wizards to get a Fire Aura and for druids to get something more along the lines of utility... even if it is a short duration spell haste aura.
  11. Naugrin Augur

Yeah wizzies got traps...utterly useless lol.

Well, unless you want to agro mobs coming into camp by spending mana on an unfocused tiny ae hehehe.
  12. Tannin Steelblade Journeyman

I keep the warrior aura up all the time in group/raid settings if more than one of us in the group during the raid one of us will have it up and the others will use either healing clicky aura and the other clicky auras.

Would be nice to see an upgrade to the warrior aura in this humble warriors opinion !! More ac yum yum.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

Slightly disagree. For a Wizard group, an Enchanter running Amp Aura + Twincast Aura and a Druid running their Frost aura sometimes adds up to more ADPS than an Enchanter just running Twincast and Flare. That is the exception though, not the norm.

Perplexed, Sancus and Iila like this.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not sure Daybreak likes auras due to the problems they have.

As a druid, I don't bother with an aura most of the time. When I do, I use the fire one because I'm debuffing the mobs for fire. But the aura lasts for such a short time that I have to dedicate a spell gem for it and recast it constantly. It is kind of lame we didn't get an upgrade to the fire one.

And it conflicts with other classes. I'm going to have to make another chart on my wiki listing the conflicts. Which means I need to start collecting data on what conflicts with it. The Lucy list of conflicts is just too crazy to work with.
  15. Crystilla Augur

Clerics should always keep 1 or 2 auras up. Recently with the warrior defensive proficiency (think that's the right one), one of our auras is almost not needed any more because would always be using vie/shining so that frees us up, if we have 2 clerics in group, to coordinate that extra slot for circle clicks.
  16. Eriadoc Elder

As an ENC, I'd rather you run the aDPS one so I can run two other auras. The difference between your aura and mine is small enough that the benefit gained from having three auras up (two of mine + yours) well exceeds it.
    Perplexed, moogs, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  17. Eriadoc Elder

My top used auras are Twincast, Mana Reciprocation, Augmenting, Mana Regen, and lately in TDS content, Runic Aura. Have been kind of surprised how the Runic Aura is actually situationally useful.
  18. guado Augur

I wish more thought like you!
  19. Eriadoc Elder

Most druids I group with have to be harped upon to keep it up and running, unfortunately. ENC + DRU + 4 nukers makes for a damn fine raid group, especially since the bards get hogged by the rest of the raid.
  20. Mayfaire Augur

Warrior: 'Champion's Aura'. Level 70 tome. +AC to the group, as well as "a chance to trigger weapon effects" to the group. I keep it up at all times, but it is outdated and the benefits are minimal at level 105 (my stand point being though, every little bit helps). Could definitely use an upgrade!
    Bigstomp and moogs like this.