Aug Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Braveheart, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Braveheart Augur

I am trying to come up with a scorecard for Augs. Take a look and offer your input. This can be used to help decide which augs to replace.

Multiplying factors I used:

AC x10
    HSta x2
    HAgix10
    HDexx25

End x 0.2
    Corruption Resists x 0.1

[IMG]

File: http://dkpfiles.com/chosenprophecy/files/Augs.xlsx
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Objectively, Gemstone of the Victorious on the Bard the 105hp is worth 105 points and the 7hSta is worth 7 points. Both of those things provide a very similar benefit, you need to adjust one or both weightings.

Subjectively, good luck with the thread.
  3. Braveheart Augur

Your right I changed the multiplier to 6
  4. Tegila Augur

i never factor in hp or hsta hps are easy ot come by i focus only on hdex ac hagi well not only only, but of your list
  5. Recnarp Augur

Raidloot has a good sort for augs now. (depending on how much you value hdex of course)

1 Heroic Dex = 4 AC = 40 HP
  6. Gunnarr Journeyman

At the point of sounding ignorant. When placing augs, is there any reasoning to placing certain augs in specific slots? Example: Sliver of Fear in the chest. I understand highest ac aug in shield, but beyond that?

Obviously, i understand certain augs can only fit into certain slots.
  7. Riou EQResource

For some classes yea, AC on the feet boosts Kick damage, AC on Arms if using 2her for classes with 2hbash, also boosts 2h Bash's damage
    Kaylord101 and Kelefane like this.
  8. Gunnarr Journeyman

9. Braveheart Augur

I modified the sheet. using this. It gives it more value than I was, but still ranks the augs in the same order.

UPDATE:
    I have been updating the spread sheet. It will now auto fill the stats of an aug from Sheet 2 when you type in the aug name. It has an auto sort button so it will rank your augs. I also added 2 additional character's so you can use for alts/boxes.

I'll post here first then put in other threads.

Berserker: I would rank importance of stats the same.
    Rogue: Put higher priority on Str then Dex.

Any input on other classes would be welcomed. I can add all classes to the spreadsheet if I know it is going to be used.
  10. Kamea Augur

Ideally, you'd want the user to be able to enter his/her own stat weights.

I made a quick upgrade to your spreadsheet where the first sheet is the input for stat weights and the ranked list of augs (I made a macro / button to update the sorting), 2nd sheet is the list of augs (can input more, order doesn't matter etc), and the 3rd sheet is where the calculations are done (and the calculations are done with the weights on the first page.) I can send it to you if you want.

If you really wanted to add all classes, you could make a separate sheet with stat weights for all classes, have a custom box, and on the main page have a drop down menu that has all classes and custom, and have an automatically filled stat weights box under the menu that uses =if(if(if()))etc statements to bring in the stats of the chosen class or the custom box and the calculations would be done off of this box.
    Braveheart likes this.
  11. Braveheart Augur

12. Abazzagorath Augur

Tanks should not be considering anything other than AC, hDex and hAgi. It could have 100 hSta and I wouldn't care.
  13. Rogue Augur

New to warrior class, why is heroic dex all of a sudden 2.5 x better than heroic agi?
  14. Riou EQResource

Well, if you're talking pure defensive wise it's 2x, there are some side benefits that help a little bit such as the increased crit, more procs, the riposte boosting DPS, even though these are more offensive based, they still have some form of benefits to defensives, whether that is mobs dieing faster (less they are hitting you, less healing needed, not to mention faster exp/bigger contribution to your group) or boosting SK leach type healing effects such as their Epic 2.0 click effect on you.
  15. Rogue Augur

Hmm, seems like heroic dex is overpowered if its twice as good defensively as the "defensive" heroic stat, and adds offense. Ok thanks
  16. Riou EQResource

Heroic Dex is the defensive heroic stat (it was #1 given heroic from Chandrok, the Item Dev to all tank classes gear in their top 3 heroic weights on gear)
  17. Rogue Augur

Ya, thats a new thing this expansion though
  18. Kamea Augur

The balance is that hAgl more flexible as to what classes it benefits. hDex buffs parry (and monk/bst block) and riposte, while hAgl buffs dodge. hAgl benefits every class and hDex only benefits melees.

What I'm unsure about is whether hAgl will benefit someone with a full dodge skill more than a partial one (or perhaps even vice versa.)
  19. Kurayami Augur

Also keep in mind the fact that the Tank Shawl procs based off dodge skill used. Potentially making it worth more.
  20. Calamity Lorekeeper

I too have been using spread sheets to generate a weighted value score for each aug. I originally created my own file Everquest.xls and later I downloaded the AugsCalc.xls file from Evilgamer.net and have updated both with the new expansions.

Here is AugsCalc.xls which also shows min levels and locations found in game.

Here is Everquest.xls which has weighted value sorts for a SK and a Necro.