As an alternative to free trade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pallydan, Oct 16, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

Who's gonna tell em...
    Flexin, Gheed, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

I am hoping that part was /sarcasm
    Flexin likes this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Yes I have, no clue what you mean by circus-circus and who cares about WoW? I totally disagree that it takes enjoyment away from rarer drops.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

GoD all the way up to ToL-Beta on Phinigel (to CoV) then Live so yes I have.

Sorry that you feel that way, for me it did not ruin it at all, it allowed me to get some items I would otherwise never have gotten at all due to the faster pace of TLP.

And not ALL of the drops were on the vendors anyway, RoF was most memorable for that since there were still "RAID ONLY" drops that were rare & highly desirable, and to be honest if they were added to vendors after the expansion was no longer current who would it really hurt? A few pretencious NIMBY-types who trot out the "you are devaluing my experience by making sought after items easier to get" nonsense? PFFT to them, I liked that there were some rare group items too.

But I could for sure see some value in adding some really uber rare zonewide rares with novel illusions or something for the truly demented to attain.

MY sense of achievement is related to items I get, my happiness has never hinged on other players NOT getting items they wanted, indeed I got a lot of altrusitic pleasure from seeing my guildies realise some long-thwarted ambition or goal or trinket they had always desired.

I would be completely fine with all GROUP gear being Free Trade & I was dead-set againt Free-Trade altogether before Mischief.

But I still despise Raid gear being Free Trade, it simply does not sit with me at all.
    Raid gear should never be Free-Trade in my opinion, except for the FV server & the TLP which will get merged with it, and I don't even like that it is free trade there either. I could be a minority of one & still I would not change my mind on that.
    Captain Video likes this.
  5. Flexin Not an amateur

Someone got it
    Barton likes this.
  6. Numiko Augur

I like the idea but I would take this even further and make it so rare con group mobs and certain quests also drop a coin that you can get expansion related group gear with.

I think this would encourage more casual players to keep playing on TLP's until this is normal practice in later expansions.
    jeskola likes this.
  7. Kodachi Augur

I would make a joke about how many rogue daggers I've bought with raid currency starting with SoD... but instead I'll point out doing hard mode Tower and getting a Knen Worry Stone 19 times out of 21 fights on hard mode. The lack of variance loot became a running joke.

That said, I still prefer free trade.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I know how free trade functions kid. I know it exists, and I prefer it. I was just responding to the idea that if they don't go the free trade route its a neat alternative as the OP suggested in the title of the thread. You should work on your reading comprehension skills before posting on a forum.