Arx melee hotfix!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coronay, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Coronay Augur

- Lowered the AC values of many NPCs in the Arx Mentis raids by up to 45 percent. This should allow melee hits to land for higher damage against these targets.

Very nice!!!! Thanks devs.
    Fanra and Motherlee like this.
  2. Iila Augur

Nice to see something being thrown to melees. And very unexpected from a surprise hotfix.
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Zalamyr Augur

I'll be highly curious to see what impact this ends up having.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

I know weird but good and raid rotations on the TLP servers? What dark magics have been released?
  5. Iila Augur

Clearly, Smed was the reason for the high AC in Arx raids. Now that he's gone, the EQ team can safely lower AC in raids!
    Sheex, Silv, Elricvonclief and 5 others like this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

^Was that tongue in cheek?
    I don't really know how much input Smed was giving Eq lately as, he was from what I could tell hyping whatever the current project was at the time for the last few years and mainly focused on the next new thing from what I could see. Maybe the new Boss was like "Ok Devs fix the top 3-5 complaints your customers have about your game, do it even if you don't want to" Dunno?????
  7. Naersylk New Member

Maybe they will look at knight tanking while under disc and being one rounded while wearing tds gear. No warriors to recruit to fill raid slots on a dying server.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

We have a waiting list of warriors who'd love to raid. Warriors who were waiting joined other raid guilds on the server when they got tired of waiting.
    There are a TON of warriors out there looking for raid spots who just can't fit in, because we're pretty dedicated folks, so when guilds bailed, wars stayed. So there are alot of raid wars looking for homes.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Apoc Augur

That is a problem on more then a few servers I'd guess with guilds collapsing. I know there are many guilds with 80+ members and when raids only hold 54 you have to pick and choose when everyone shows up. I would guess some members have to sit out less then others.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Haha, ahh, where are all these people? Our raids are never full, no need to be selective about raid makeup, just adapt the strategy a bit to work with what you've got. 80+ members indeed...
  11. p2aa Augur

That's false. Most recently, a paladin in my guild with 2/3 of COTF T2 raid gear and 1/3 of TDS raid gear managed to MT Purple Golem in Arx 2 for 85 % of it for a duration of 5+ min. It was when there was one raid mob left, and all healers could heal the tank.
    So you are still doing a pretty viable MT on some Arx raid bosses, you don't MT as well as warriors when healer ressource is shared between 2 Raid bosses to MT, but that's fair. Warrior shall MT Raid Bosses better than knights in all situations.
    Tanking adds in raid or eating RT , which is more knight job, is a valid problem there, and i proposed that you got a 24/24 proficiency type of 10% mitigation at all time to help you cut of the raid add dmg or RT stuff, if raid add dmg or RT stays this way for next expansions.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Great to hear the AC being adjusted on Arx mobs!
  13. Songsa Augur

1 year to wait for a fix (enough ? we will see) that can be done with à Quick hotfix. So many time and players lost for nothing.
    Kravitz, Xeladom and Sancus like this.
  14. Reval Augur

EQ was written in a computer language that most people don't know called DragonBall C. When a change request is acted upon, the developer must gather all the energy on the planet into the Feerott Bomb. All changes enacted have to go through the Feerott Bomb, and it takes at week if you marathon it. Otherwise it can genuinely take years.
    Kravitz and Dzarn like this.
  15. Reval Augur

But with that said, we seem to have just traded one problem for another perhaps. Are casters now much weaker than melees? If they are just slightly weaker, I honestly am a bit ok with that due to the ranged dps advantage when it helps out, but no matter what I'm sure someone will be outraged.
  16. Sancus Augur

Most people won't have had experience with the 7/22 patch and this hot fix in raids until tonight, but I *highly* doubt Wizards or Necros have anything to worry about.
    sifonin and Songsa like this.
  17. Igniz Augur

I am afraid, even with these changes, melees need another sizeable boost to par with casters.

Though it IS a step in the right direction :)

I have a dream! That one day, melees and casters may again stand shoulder to shoulder in front of the common foe, without the need for any discrimination or cries for nerfs, without vendettas to make their life miserable and united in friendship and respect!

/me has become better at alcohol tolerance (415)!

All joking aside - Dear Devs, please continue buffing melees again! They still desperately need any help from your side!
    Songsa likes this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

If you are one of these warriors out there looking to raid, contact me in game at luclin.adetia. we've had a couple retirements and i'm looking to fill 2 warrior roster spots.
  19. Brogett Augur

I posted some before/after graphs showing the damage over here https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-before-and-after.225303/#post-3297450 (ignore the dps bit, that's massively changed simply because we had more dps tonight).

I'm not going to comment on how we compare now to casters as tbh I'm not sure we have the bleeding edge casters to compare against except the necros (we have a few truely excellent necros) - who are never easy to compare against because they have a rather different role and to some extent balance high dps on long-lived targets vs low dps on short-lived ones.

It's just some data, instead of the usual rhetoric ;)
  20. Bamkan Augur

Confession time : Got one rounded by Purple last night. am warrior.

hopefully koryu looking for more warriors is not related :oops: