Arx 3

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Roxxanna, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Belkar_OotS Augur

Wait....... is this true? I've had the stun lead to the untimely demise of many a tank.......
    The rest is also interesting. Would follow along the lines of the mob being obsessed with specific people until they die. I have been summoned up to like 15x before.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Yea, I only used DA the first time, hoped for outside healing the rest. I'm in MT group 1, and there's generally 2 clerics per MT group. Problem is, I'm a guest raider, and that opens up a whole can of issues. I do have rocket boots, will try that next time. I'm fully AC/HP geared/aug'd (130kish hp, 12kish ac) just been unlucky with the slow walk to safe spot.
  3. Jiggs Elder

As a caster there have been numerous times when either myself or other wizzies in the group get chain summoned and/or dotted. Far as I can tell its random on anybody, but usually ends up being someone constantly being the "lucky one" effectively taking them out of the fight for extended periods of time.

I tried a couple different things that were kinda buggy like this in previous expansions. On several attempts I made sure I had no damage shield on of any kind and for several weeks I never got dotted/summoned. It looked like I found the culprit, then the next week I got chained again.

I tried to make sure to not cast any corruption of any kind from procs (aura of the void clicky) and it seemed that worked too..... until I got chained the next time.

I tried using only specific type of nukes even though it lowered my dps to see if that too was the cause.

It wasn't.

So it is all just luck of the draw (and a terrible implementation of a raid mechanic). At least far as I can tell.
  4. Sancus Augur

The Aura of the Void effect does not use corruption, nor is it a proc. It's a flat damage additon of 75 or 125 damage depending on rank, and it uses SPA 286.
  5. Jiggs Elder

You are correct... I was thinking of damage shield when typing out the different spell types.

I meant to type the name of a corruption proc aug I had.

Aura of the Void has a damage shield of 30 (rank 1) and DS of 40 (if you have rank II) in addition to the flat damage addition.