Arx 3

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Roxxanna, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Roxxanna Augur

Wondering if there's a mechanic I'm not aware of in this raid. Kept getting summoned and snared even though there was a tank on the boss. I wasn't casting any damage spells. We still won, but I'd like to minimize this as it's a bit disconcerting.
  2. Eezel-Cazic Journeyman

has a mechanic in the event that summons I think 5 people from time to time to the boss, just gotta move out of aura and soon the snare will go away
  3. Roxxanna Augur

Good to know, thought I might have been doing something wrong.
  4. Iila Augur

It's a random summon, sometimes I get summoned a few times in a row, sometimes I don't get summoned for weeks. I'm always doing basically the same thing on that phase, debuffs at start, heals on tank, nukeheals on the boss. None of it seems to make any difference.

Getting chain summoned does suck, and usually leads to me dying!
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There's nothing you're doing wrong. It's just a really, really dumb raid (especially for melee).
  6. Frankk New Member

Leap abilities work great here :)
    Iila likes this.
  7. Zarakii Augur

strafing left and right helps you move faster or if you can purify body (whatever its called for other classes) and a lot of classes get abilities to jump forward a short distance (monks is neshika's blink) but yeah either way it sucks even more so if a blob pops up at that moment lol
  8. Brogett Augur

Twice now I've had the dot emote over and over again (where you have to move a certain distance to cancel). Both times it's been like 20-30 emotes back to back. I'm pretty convinced it's bugged and you either get every single one or none of them.

The summon emote at least feels more random, but it's annoying to have the snare too. Horrid stage.
  9. Iila Augur

Pretty sure it's a rule that the blob will be at the exact first spot you want to leap to.
  10. Zarakii Augur

11. Annastasya Augur

Some of us have discussed this particular mechanic and believe the boss may be summoning folks based on how low they are on the hatelist. Priests, utility folks and recently rezzed melee tend to get summoned out of proportion, and often several times in a row. Fading seems to make it worse or guarantee another summon.

These are subjective observations. i keep up heal over times during the entire event and jump (several jumps) away immediately when summoned. Don't forget to heal yourself and good luck :)
  12. Tour Augur

I got the impression that priest classes got summoned more as well. An additional anti-healer mechanic this event would not surprise me*, but figured a good amount of it may be confirmation bias on my end as I'm just more likely to remember when I or a co-healer gets summoned. A "low on hate list" mechanic would be interesting. Judicious and careful use of Negation of subtlety / TU / Smite the Wicked etc, may be of use then. I've used TU on the named a few times before but don't recall if I got summoned less, more, or the same. Then again, chances are I was likely using silent casting.

It's more a nuisance than anything, especially the chain summons, since I need to drop heals on whomever I was healing to heal myself / run away. Does certainly seem random at times in how one week I could get summoned over and over, and other weeks nothing.

Speaking of arx 3, noticed that the HP cap also affects mana. Was that always there? I don't seem to recall it being present before. Doesn't really affect anything though, which may be why I didn't notice it if it was always there.

*While I get that many healers don't like the no rez / call, -20,000 to heals, summon mechanic, I think it was a nice challenge to be overcome if you're careful with cures, raid strat, tank disc timing, heal modifiers, etc. Aside from movement related event mechanics, and cures of course, most raid mechanics don't directly affect healers as much as say dps (especially melee) or tanks, and I think that was a nice change. And any event that reminds the raid that pallies can help in more ways than just splashing is nice - maybe not so much for raid leaders to ever bother mentioning it, but enough for tanks and healers to remind them how great group armor / first spire of holiness is.
  13. Brogett Augur

Fading works IMO. I knew melee who would fade at the start of the phase so they could do nothing. I tried too and indeed didn't get summoned once, although one raid is a bit anecdotal. Obviously as a priest you don't have that luxury. Possibly you get summoned more *because* many melee are just fading and keeping off agro in protest of a crappy event.
  14. Roxxanna Augur

I'm not complaining, just making sure I'm not F'ng up. As a habitual guest raider, I'm under the microscope more than most, I can't afford any errors. As for the -20K to healing, I never noticed it, I kept waiting for it, I remember the health bars locking at 1/2 or so, but not the healing curse. Maybe my selection of spells off-set it? Well timed use of discs? I did notice I got summoned 4 out of five times immediately after cast a C.Splash, but could be coincidence. Maybe it looks for heal "spikes"? Does the summoning only happen in a certain phase?
  15. Apoc Augur

Yes the mana cap has always been there.
  16. Tour Augur

The summoning only happens in the later phases, 2 and 3. As for the heal debuff, it is very easily off set by a variety of buffs, disc timing, etc which sounds like your raid is doing if you're not noticing it.

1. Healers save best heal discs till this phase (everything prior is easy)
    2. MT line save best tank discs till this phase (everything prior is easy), rotate if needed
    3. Pally group armor of the inquisitor and first spire of holiness rotations, one group armor should be plenty for all of the third phase but first spire will need a rotation (unhotbar second spire and pretend it never existed)
    4. Bard Pulse of Sionachie, Rytan's Reckless Renewal. Needs healers in group.
    5. Unsure if pally Blessing of Purification works to cure MT temporarily, if so, use it
    6. Mana linked gauntlets for tank, maybe, it's an extra 5k to healing but you lose stats
    7. Continuous spell or AA based HoT stacked with BP click HoT rotation
    8. Continuous Circle of Life
    9. Make sure no one else is near the named and getting hit with this. Healing one person with it is bad, but having to heal multiple people detracts healing even further from MT.
    10. Pally aurora group heal, potentially exempt from heal debuff
    11. Delayed heal lines are exempt from heal debuff
    12. Paladin blessed aura effect
    13. Issuance healing wards exempt from heal debuff? Unknown. If so, can use them en masse.

1-3 are the huge ones. Feels like there is no healing debuff. 4-13 are more minor supplements that you really shouldn't have to use if you're doing 1-3 (and 9... ).
    Iila likes this.
  17. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This is more on the tank side, but Warriors can use Hold the Line (1 minute) and Resplendent Glory (2 minutes) to increase incoming heals by a percentage during phase 3.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

The summoning is the big issue for me. This is how it went for me last time.

Summoned, snared, killed before I can Aura, another cleric uses Divine Rez
    Summoned again, snared, killed but saved by AA DeathPact, silenced due to DeathPact aura, but UI bugged so I can't unclick it, reload UI.
    Summoned again, snared, killed, rezzed, use my QM and VP
    Summoned again, snared, killed, rezzed, used Staunch
    Summoned again, snared, killed, rezzed, another cleric qms
    Summoned again, snared, killed, rezzed, rod is the only mana return option left
    I spend the next few minutes nursing my now empty mana pool, desperately trying to put out some healing, while other clerics start dropping.

Love to figure out that summoning thing, because that's just plain annoying.
  19. Tour Augur

Ouch, that's a rough run.

You want to be careful with DA. While it may prevent new dmg effects from landing on you, with some exceptions, active dmg effects / dots will still be ticking away against you, and now with the added downside that heals won't land on you.

What are your other healers doing? Is there another healer in group with you? Having line of sight (the person behind the keyboard, not your character) goes a long way in instantly knowing when someone just got summoned and need emergent healing while they reposition themselves. When they see you, or anyone else, get summoned they (or at least your co-healer in group if you have one) should start provided you with some heal coverage till you're safe.

While you're running (strafing) away, it's a great time to use any of your instant cast AA heals on yourself if you need them. Sometimes though you do need to stop and heal yourself if you're not getting support you need and you're still in range of the named / effect. Granted you don't want to hang around there, but at times you will need a heal to yourself to buy a few extra seconds to move away safely (again, why insta AA heals are great, you don't need to interrupt your running). If you have to burn a disc to heal yourself effectively then do it.

We don't have any leap type abilities, but we do have the rocket boots. I haven't used them myself in this context so unsure how effective they would be, but they should propel you far enough away I think and at a pace much faster than walking.

If it's a big issue and you feel more hp would help, adjust your personal / guild tribute, food, trophy, gear / augs / PS (within reason that you could do reasonably).
  20. Axxius Augur

The dot mechanic has been bugged from beta, reported, but never fixed. It's supposed to choose targets randomly, but it always chooses the same target (first/last in zone?) until it dies, zones, or the current phase ends. If it chooses you - you will be chain dotted for the whole phase.

Don't bother running from it. Duck/unduck when you get stunned, if you don't resist stun that is.
    Iila likes this.