Artisan's Prize -- tips & tricks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Beware, there are a couple of common trophy evolution paths that you might negate by purchasing the AA and scribing the books.

Not saying you couldn’t evolve your trophy at all, but if you plan to get trophies to 7/7, beware. Jewelcraft blue diamond and fletching tainted feather recipes, I’m looking at you.

Btw, if you’re on in the evenings send me a tell and glad to answer any TS questions like this. Started writing a long novel of a reply but not worth it via cellphone and Forum Quest.

Drinal.Sheex, Gnooters, Jech or the sheetmage of sheetmages, Mierin.
    Mintalie likes this.
  2. Mintalie Augur

My hero, you will be getting copious tells from me! Muahahahaaaaa
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Only thing I haven’t done yet is Alchemy. But did the main 9 during a 4 month stretch last year that was really awful and always glad to give tips.

One of the silly things about the grind to 350 is talking to other people is *really* important imo.

For example, you go to farm Dragorn Wing Bones. Lucy tells you the zones it drops and you pick one. The drop rate is awful and after a few hours you have a half dozen while needing a hundred. Rage ensues. You try another zone? No better. Rage increases. You vent to guild/friends. Friend_01 who already did that tells you, oh, hey, they drop 10x faster in the OoW version of the zone. After smashing your keyboard, you head to the other zone and have all you need in an hour. Had this happen a lot to varying degrees. Drop information from comments on Allahkzam or eqresource are often not enough.
    Mintalie likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Mintalie likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

This is correct. To go over 300 base you have to learn new recipes not just do a high trivial recipe over and over again like the path to 300. If you know a recipe it counts so make sure you scribe all of the books. Doing this alone will get you several points in all of the tradeskills. There are also recipes that will not count towards gaining skill up points. Most of these are cultural and quest recipes but this is not 100% true as some quests will count. See the links above in my previous response to help you with which recipes count and which ones wont.
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, a little confusing here, so let me cover a couple things again.

You don't have "300" on any of your trophies. That's your tradeskill skill level. Trophies have a level from 1 to 7. They also show how far along they are to the next level (56%, 29%, etc). To get from 6 to 7,
    you can only evolve it by completing combines for items with a triv of at least 300 (301?). Note: the trophy only evolves on a success, but it evolves on EVERY success (maybe not visually a whole percent, but it does). This is the opposite of getting skillups to 300, where you can get skillups from failures, and not every success gives a skillup. So your first question above is answered, YES, you can evolve the trophy by combining something over and over, as long as it's at least a 300-301 trivial. And to do this, you don't need any AAs.

I also see from your question you're still conflating the trophy and the skill level (YOUR skill level in the trades, baking, brewing, etc). To move THOSE past 300, you need to spend the AAs (each rank allows 5 skillups in that trade), and you need to make LOTS of different recipes. Each new recipe counts ONCE for your skillups, so for this effort, you absolutely DO NOT want to make the same thing over and over.

So, here's what your plan should be, with each tradeskill at 300, and each trophy at some level lower than 7. First, visit Adetia's page referenced earlier in this thread, and make sure you have EVERY book listed there SCRIBED. If you go to the merchant and inspect the book, there will be a string showing SCRIBED or NOT SCRIBED in either green or red. So, you'll know which ones you need to buy. Once you've done that, now spend AAs in all the tradeskills, and see how many skillups you're granted. For example, if you get the first rank of Baking, and then see your baking skill is now 305, you've got the full benefit, and can't get any more without getting the next AA. So you buy the next rank of Baking AA, and now your skill is 309 (for example). So, the AA allows you to get to 310, so you know you can make some new baking combines, and get that to 310. Once you do? Time to get the next AA and unlock skillups to 315.

OK, so, you've got the books scribed, you've spent the AAs to get whatever automatic skillups, and now you have to start making stuff. Pick a tradeskill, pick some recipes you don't already know, and start making them. Now, don't forget to equip your trophy, and if it's not level 6 yet, even combines which trivial lower than 300 will still help it evolve. Once the trophy is level 6, then only the 300+ recipes will help it evolve.

Does that help?
    Pihoqahiak and Mintalie like this.
  7. Mintalie Augur

That helps. Thank you! So have all the other replies. You all have my sincerest thanks. <3