Aradune - Botter plague

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eezey, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Eezey New Member

Automation isn't allowed period on Aradune,They aren't in a guild and they sat in the same spot in Sol A and Hill giant's. Necro's Bots to fight hill giants, Magicians for Sol A. Sat in the same spot an didnt move and the instant the mob spawned the bots would simultaneously send pets to attack and cast the same spell together etc.
    Anything that came near the necromancers that was hillgiant would get insta targeted by both pets, its automation.
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Or just forum regulars who see "OMG the botters!" threads several times a day and are a bit cynical of such posts.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

Wait a minute... you mean that guy that has been at the efreeti camp for 7 days hasn't been awake at his computer for 168 straight hours?!?! I'm starting to suspect something fishy might be going on there...
    Duder and TrollMan like this.
  4. TrollMan Elder

Someday EQ will get em. Someday...
  5. Zansobar Augur

Using a target mob_name pet macro is allowed (can also combine with a spell cast macro). I don't understand why you assume these are fully automated bots when you can accomplish the same behavior by pressing a macro button every few seconds while watching Netflix. I've been in Sol A a lot and see the mage's camping the CGS and they do not just sit in one spot, they move around a bit and cast various buffs and spells, yes they won't talk and aren't in a guild, but that doesn't make them bots.
  6. Daimos5 Journeyman

It's really not hard to see, even without video.

4+ characters all sitting/standing at the same exact instant.

Melee characters that make the EXACT same motions - walk a couple steps and spin slowly in stepwise fashion to reset for next mob and do this over and over.

These are behaviors i've seen in the last 2 days on Aradune and have reported. Chars are still all online, but are /anon so don't know zone or level.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

If all you're doing is /report then guaranteed it's doing absolutely nothing. You need to actually petition, explain the issue, provide video evidence because that is proof of what you're petitioning about. A petition is what gets looked into, a /report mentioned in your petition may help, but on its own won't do anything.

Video evidence showing the botters doing their bot thing and then you taking over, taking all their mobs while they do nothing for long periods of time is going to show something is going on more than anything else imo.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. NotMyCharacterName New Member

you have to report them a few times. Just come back daily or twice daily and open another ticket. After about 4 tickets they'll be gone is what I have experienced.
    Skuz and TrollMan like this.
  9. Mercanyin Augur

Jeebus. I sat in Sage with my level 50 cleric and camped that room and only that room with its 4 mobs for 4 hours. Am I a bot?
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

So logically...if you weigh the same as a duck..
  11. Mercanyin Augur

Perhaps. I don't know how long they have been on. I only know they where on when I was there. lol
  12. Mercanyin Augur

If I have the same weight as a duck I drop bombs like a duck. lol
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is the right answer. It always amuses me when someone HAS to be a bot because I was playing for 8 straight hours and everytime I ran through the zone/camp he was there! Then the next day when I logged on he was there too!...Is it a bot? Maybe...is a dude playing the same schedule(ish) as you and camping something? Maybe.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Mercanyin Augur

Came down here to BOT myself, damn someone beat me to it. Guess I'll go do something else with my 168 hours.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  15. Dominate Augur

You are being willfully ignorant and obtuse. Probably on purpose.

Needless to say, you chopped my post and then tried to compare one part of it to you camping sage. Them being there at level 50 for 12 hours is only part of the equation. You just chopped the other parts out to fit your agenda.

You don't have anything to worry about being reported if you are not using EmmQew2 to automate your AFK gameplay.
  16. Mercanyin Augur

I have no agenda.

You said that you found the botters. They are all level 50 and are not there for exp and don't pull anything but their specific named.

This is exactly what I did. Does this make me a botter?
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Dominate Augur

No, I said that plus they don't react to messaging, care if you take their nameds, and have choppy movements that repeat on a cycle. All of the behaviors are odd compared to normal player behavior. I bet you responded to tells and/or some of the camp checks while you were camping sage. I also 100% guarantee that you would have sent some vitriolic text to someone who came into Sage and poached "your" named.

Which brings up another hilarious part of the bots. They call "frenzy" on a timer. It is literally just a timer regardless of camp check or not. So randomly, in /ooc you see; Helnyee says in out of character 'frenzy'

So, if you have no malice in the scenario, you are just incompetent. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

OMG is that what that is? Many times over different TLPs I've seen someone randomly call a camp in a zone I've been XPing in. I always look and don't see anyone doing a CC ... invaribly everyone else starts calling their camps when they see someone else do it.

Makes SO much sense now, reading your post.
    Dominate and Skuz like this.
  19. Ssmiter Journeyman

So after watching the same person clearly cheat 3 nights in a row...and reporting him on multiple accounts the first 2 nights I decided to just download EQTrainer and give it a go...i'll branch out from there as needed but why not, it isn't punishable.