Aradune - Botter plague

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eezey, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Dominate Augur

There are bots at Hamlord in LGUK 24/7. You can tell it is them because there are often more than 6 characters, they are level 50, and they do not pull ANYTHING toward the safe hall. They literally pull to the Lord, the AM, and the Hand. That is it.

When you are exping it is pretty nice because you have all their "camps" mobs, and their bot sucks so you can take their named out from under them. We should watch it as a community together!
  2. Odjin Tyr New Member

Honestly It's really not hard, if you find 4+ Players and only 1 of 4 has equipment and the other 3 are all missing slots That account is all 1 player.
    TrollMan likes this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

This guy just solved your entire problem, you should all thank him and exclusively use his metric to locate and report your 3+ boxers.
    TrollMan likes this.
  4. Mercanyin Augur

I had laid out what I thought might be suspect to efreeti botting shortly after this thread was up. Whether it was botting or not. I don't know. I am just sharing something that I saw.
  5. Stune Augur

Ok its called power lvling characters, the max xp for anyone above 40 is at the hamlord. Could be more then 3 people playing 2 boxes each. I know been there before with 4-5 guildies boxing 2 accounts each. Best way to lvl up some toons. OOG 50's. Safehall is lower con mobs, so some may not even bother pulling that much. You are going to really have to prove it better then that.
  6. Mercanyin Augur

I am not sure if hamlord is the "MAX" (Best) exp you can get at level 40-50.

He also says no one pulls anything towards safe hall. I have yet to be in a group at hamlord that is at safe hall. Its always at LORD and you pull the mobs to Lord.
  7. Stune Augur

Max con, loot drops.. not much else to say about that one.
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

And conveniently the GM pilot ends 6 months into the server ... right as Velious drops! Lulz.
  9. Dominate Augur

Found the botters.

The point is that they are all level 50. They are not there for exp. They pull ONLY the lord hall, the hand, and the arch mage. If a group was there to level up characters, they would definitely be pulling the mobs in the cubbies between the AM/the safe hall. I have seen this exact behavior in multiple picks over multiple hours from un-guilded toons that don't change behavior the entire time they are there. You can stroll in and take their Archmage and they don't bat an eye. No tells. No movements toward the AM. Nothing.

EXP groups that look like real groups try to get as many mobs as they can, especially in picks where there is also 2 afk necro bots at the frenzy only killing the 3 frenzy spawns and leaving everything else up. When I was at cav/sav/sage/exe they didn't pull one frenzy mob, nor one mob toward the safe hall. For 5 hours. We pulled as much as we possibly could. I am not the only one who had this experience multiple days in multiple Guks over the bonus exp holiday, and non-bonus times.

So yes, they "could" be 4-5 guildmates, but they definitely don't behave like independent players. Have you ever known anyone not to QQ in tells or /ooc if you "poach" their Archmage to another camp? The Necros botting frenzy don't even bat an eyelash if you take their frenzy! You should investigate it for yourself. It is super easy to see the repetitive, choppy movements that go on literally for hours without a change.

Then, ask yourself this. If they are all level 50, why are they there? If they are there for loot, you think they'd be salty if you poached their nameds. If they are there for exp, they didn't have any low level toons parked to PL. I know exactly how good exp can be grouped with 50's when you are level 33. They were definitely not doing this.

I said the Hamlord group doesn't bother pulling the mobs toward the safe hall. 100% of Hamlord groups do this as often as possible, and QQ in /ooc if other camps "poach" these mobs. It is almost as if you have never grouped in Lower Guk on a TLP.

Needless to say, they are still there. The frenzy has multiple picks being botted any time you go to Guk. You can find them if you aren't willfully ignorant.

This has happened on every TLP. The difference is that Aradune was billed as a policed server. It isn't policed. People are salty about it.
    Xanathol and Nymm like this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's funny how we still debate what bots look like.... sure there are some false positives but macaroni bots are unmistakable. I've also seen them on every tlp I've played on since returning to eq for agnarr.

The only solution is to just play on a dead server like selo where there is no economy to ruin.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. sumnayin2 Augur

Yeah smart guy, it must be hard for 1 GM to go into Lguk, Solb, Sola, OOT....4 zones...omg how hard can that be...jesus, can you white knights actually think before you type?

I've reported people that were clearly cheating, only to watch them do the same thing every consecutive night...well, unless mages got tracking on Aradune. I'm just glad i've been living off krono I made playing on TLPs, i'd never give Daybreak a dime, especially after watching them let the same people cheat for 2 months straight.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. sumnayin2 Augur

There will always be contrarians with not a lick of common sense/logic that will use their lack of logic to tell everyone how impossible it is to do something...even though everyone can prove otherwise.
  13. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I've seen so many botters or 3 or more BOXERS, I just stopped reporting cuz nothing happens. You have to remember they said this was a trial run and after 6 months they were gonna see how it went and decide whether to keep a GM presence. (spoiler) They won't be keeping the dedicated GM's.
    Nymm likes this.
  14. KimchiGoddess Augur

TBH you should keep petitioning and sending evidence, video evidence if possible. It could be that they address the petition when those toons are not online and then move on. I have no idea how that stuff works but continually petitioning may have change happening eventually.
  15. Gyradore New Member

This made me laugh.. Literally everyone in EQ is such a whiner that if you don't whine you are considered a botter.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh I am terribly sorry I didn't realise that you knew everything about what a GM has to do every day & that you had the insider knowledge to know that only the zones you mentioned were having any reports of botters in them.....:rolleyes:

They could be using 3rd party programs to track or simply have a box ranger in the zone monitoring what is up. I know on prior TLP many guilds had box druids/rangers even bards tracking in zones for targets 24/7 so it wouldn't surprise me if krono farmers like yourself were doing the same thing.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  17. Corpus New Member

I have to think those people who are defending the bot's are likely the botters.
    5 mages around Sol A with pets on auto attack. Similar names, no real equipment. If you out DPS them and take their named, which I did for 2 hours straight, they don't notice. After 2 hours they did notice me. I got a tell "Smart" - and then another mage logged in next to the original one, making it impossible to out DPS them. That's a multi-boxer - botter - whatever you want to call them.

The Necros in Sol B perma camping GEBS at Efreeti in multiple instances. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what you are looking at, and there is no defending it - unless you are going to argue (again) that its Krono that DB wants/Needs and they are looking the other way. That may be the case, but that is not acceptable behaviour by DB's own rules. I just expect them to live up to their own rules And on this server, specifically, no 1 person may control 2 toons or more at any given time - and you may not use external programs to control them. Just enforce the rules that were set by you.

All that being said - I was able to obtain several items being farmed by AFK scripting bot sacks of sheit. Its hard. I got my items, and left. I should not have had to do that. As any decent necros should have done, train the heck out of them and flop at their feet. But of course, that can get one banned.

When Kunark unlocks, Im sure we will see similar behavior in key spots like Circlet of Shadow. I saw it on Agnarr. GM's / DB didn't do a thing. I do actually expect more than that.

As for the 4 GM's or guides or how we should report... I /report every day. I am unsure it has done anything but made me feel better. When I /report I look for GM's. I have never seen one since server launch. Timing? Maybe. But I have 2 50's and several below. I don't think I "always" missed them GM's. I just don't believe they are generally there or care. I could spend 20 minutes on a druid and find the following: 3-4 in Sol A, one in every instance of Sol B. A group parked at Najena letting robes and everything else rot. I looted one in front of them and they didnt bat an eye. At least 1 afk bot group of mages/necros at Frenzy in every instance of Lower Guk. Other groups??? maybe... but the Frenzy campers, those are bot's, same in every instance / group. You will also see groups leveling controlled by 1 person. Main downstairs in Unrest or fireplace upstairs. Always. You will see 1 group leveling at Hamlord almost always, only 1-2 move every. Its 1 person, 6 toons. Just admit it is what it is.

It would not take long to correct a few problems.
    KimchiGoddess and Xanathol like this.
  18. Palladine New Member

Doesn't bat an eye to someone looting damask/flowing black robe that was left on corpse... must be an afk botter
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Using a Krono to pay for your sub... is giving Daybreak $$. Krono don't just appear out of thin air. No matter how you want to twist it in your mind.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/report only sends some text lines for review.

you need to /petition which opens the support website where you can raise a ticket & submit your information including logs, video, and your description of the problem.

If you are just doing /report you are doing pretty much nothing useful unless someone was using hate speech or making threats in the text reported (like 20 lines of it at a time).

GM's can be active in game & choose whether they are visble to players or not.