Any news on the New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Casidia Augur

lmao! Live servers made money for how many years...15?
    Your TLP, this board and stuff (still) exist because we had good expansions until ~2 years ago.
  2. Silv Augur

[IMG]
    Grove, Elricvonclief, Sancus and 6 others like this.
  3. Triconix Augur

Yes, because if EQ didn't exist for 15 years, TLP servers would be thriving TLP will die off by DoN and then it's back to live servers keeping this game afloat. And looking at the TLP boards, it's such a great healthy community to be around with those 30 box crews and plat/krono farmers. :confused:

There still remains no cure for stupid. Soon it will be the only non curable pandemic the world has to live with.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

The TLP server has been launched for a few months now, Live has been going for over 15 years..Which do you think paid for what? I get this might be hard for you to try to understand, by your first comment I already think you're some 14 year old who doesn't know anything about business or finances, but Live paid for the TLP servers, the TLP support you get and every change that's happened. is because Live players kept EQ going, don't ever forget that or try to twist it.

The audacity of these TLPers! Acting like they are doing something more amazing then beating content that's 15 + years old and everything about all the encounters is already known.
  5. Silv Augur

Well, aren't you being optimistic (about how far they will get) :p
  6. Iila Augur

At this point I'm more expecting Riou to post that the beta server is up than an expansion announcement from dbg.
    Yinla, Elricvonclief, Xeladom and 7 others like this.
  7. svann Augur

TDS released 3 months before SOE was sold. You can chicken/egg it if you like, but imo they knew it would be sold and were already tightening the spending so as not to jinx the sale, and that is why TDS was small.
  8. Silv Augur

NDA so strong they don't even announce the beta!
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Such concrete proof. Clearly, the actual game hath funded itself on its own for the last decade or more, so that when the time came, the company was able to buy TLP servers and devote Developer time to both deploying and managing them. *clearly*

#lulTLPgreatestofalltime #15meaninglessyearsoflive #purplemonkeydishwasher
  10. Nuttmeg Augur

What do I think paid for TLP servers? That's easy. The types of players that pay for subs. ...which just so happen to be filing TLP servers.

You don't really think TLP is all newbies right? You must know most of them were live players that flocked to the new rule set.
  11. Leex Pewpewer

Hmm, I'm not sure where I ever said anyone on TLP was a newbie. In fact I know MOST of the players on TLP are not new to EQ. My point which obviously went over your head, is that players who were subbed previous to Ragefire/Lockjaw opening were/are Live players. Meaning we bank rolled the TLP server, without live players the TLP server(s) would not exist..Understand now? ...Kids these days!
  12. Celestian Elder

EQ wasn't f2p for 15 years.
  13. Mayfaire Augur

Oh, we're using such definitive proof as our own personal experience that one time? Shweet.

I was in a full raid this last Sunday. 54 people. And, before you go there, you don't raid free. :p

Live=$972 TLP=$270

Kablam!
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Check & mate!
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

Merged a few of these threads together.

The teams working hard on this year's content. I know we've been quiet... but we've been pretty busy getting everything together for what we have coming up for EQ (or in the case of poeple like Holly, JChan, and me that are working on two games, EQ AND EQ2).

We're not trying to leave anyone hanging. An official update with more info will be coming as soon as it's ready!
    Elricvonclief, Fanra, svann and 2 others like this.
  16. Mayfaire Augur

Eeeeep, a mini-update.

It is like a cool drink for my parched tongue, thanks Roshen. :D
    Elricvonclief and Rcalielie like this.
  17. Roshen Brand Manager

All things that the EverQuest team does that are successful, let us continue to do awesome things for EverQuest players.

I know it's not always easy to get away from some of the TLP vs Live server conversations. We have one dev team that supports all of the servers. If people keep memberships going to play on progression servers, we get to keep building stuff for EQ players. If people buy expansions, we get to keep building stuff for EQ players.

We appreciate EVERYONE'S support, regardless if you prefer to play on live servers, or enjoy your time on progression servers. Your support means we get to keep doing awesome things for EverQuest players.
  18. kraggnar Elder

Well said Roshen.. Reminds me of my time on submarines and there actually fist fights over whether nose coners or nukes were more important. I was friends with 2 of them and chastised them for there stupidity.
    Roshen likes this.
  19. Dreamrider Elder

See if Sony will give away their trademarked slogan they had for EverQuest: Real Soon Now™
    Iila likes this.
  20. Kravitz Augur

That is not entirely true. For the past 12 years or so, SOE/DGC has funneled revenue that Everquest 1 created to other game projects. So while its true that some money goes to develop EQ1, its not entirely true.

Which begs the question, when developers say "we don't have the resources" for that as an answer to why we can't have things for EQ1, you can only blame yourselves first.

Its also a slap on the face to EQ1 players as EQ1 is your 2nd or 3rd best revenue stream, and to see this revenue goto other projects has turned alot of players away from this game and its development.

So while the game is alive and successful, its not entirely what it could have been if those resources had been used to bolster the games "success" even more.