Any news on the New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ozlaar Journeyman

It's now September and unless I missed it somewhere I haven't seen any information on the new expansion. I would have thought Windstalker aka Holly would be more than willing to give the loyal EQ players some information about it. Unless the silence is their way of telling us EQ is moving to a new chapter of just maintaining the game. I for one can't think of any other reason to hold back information on it.
  2. Riou EQResource

It's still like 3 weeks until fall, then like 3 months till it ends. There is plenty of time to announce, beta and release still atm :p
  3. Axxius Augur

Mintalie, Brogett, Esero and 5 others like this.
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

I"d think they're finishing up stuff to be ready to beta, and once they know for sure they'll announce.

Or, we could be kept waiting, and waiting, and...
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Over/under on the beta time frame....2 weeks? ;)

My guess is about 4x the length of Illa's Favorite ToRot Beta (tm)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  6. wingz-83 Augur

You're terrible :eek:

I can see the devs posting this link a week before EQ shuts down or something hah
  7. Amor Augur

Interesting and well played to you.
  8. Shiea Augur

9. Numiko Augur

I found this picture from the Daybreak office that show's they are hard at work on the next campaign!

[IMG]

.. Hey .. wait a sec..... :eek:
  10. bearforce1 Lorekeeper

I would play that expansion!

err... wait, I may have already have played it. :D
    Numiko, Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  11. pimp_zilla New Member

12. Reht The Dude abides...

Damn it Axxius, well played.
  13. Motherlee Augur

Didn't catch me. I saw it was a YouTube link. Hah.
  14. Riou EQResource

I saw some kind of teasers of possible upcoming zones on youtube ;)
  15. Vlerg Augur

First, they have to make sure Kunark is fine for the TLP...it's due soon.
    then... there's a little hiccup with some people not being happy about the forced rotation ( ya, forced as in dedicate GM staff to TLP server)... they might have to 'moderate' that rotation, again.

of course, there's also their no-box TLP server project; wich means they need to set up... something... to prevent boxing, while not stopping families...

I'm probably missing some TLP-related stuff aswell... like how nurga-droga will behave over there... but if they have a little bit of time left, I guess they can work on the new campaign =)
  16. Kravitz Augur

17. Reval Augur

The campaign's storyboard is probably all of our mains got deleted in an aether wave of magic from al'kabor. He historically talks for so long no one realized he'd stopped his dialogue to cast a spell. And our spirits were sent to a new place full of rage and fire.

Others were thrashed into a riptide, and instead found ourselves in a place full of lock and ... jaw.

Only Nagafen holds the key, a cloak that some guy is farming for real life money.
  18. Deillusional Augur

I would hope there any more raids then TDS in the campaign. If they not I think the raiding part of everquest would die in the very near future, farming the same 7 raids for 12 months leads to mass retirements.
  19. smash Augur

You need to speed up the release of the expansion.

The amount of contend in TDS was really not more than what a campaign should contain.

Not all the raids need to have the complex features, pure simple are ok.

I will rather have 12 raids where 2 bit complex + hard , 5 copy/cat, and 5 simple than 7 complex raids which been the theme lately.

Also on spells, change their naming so it is like magician pet haste, would save a dev spending bunch of time of inventing names, which could be spend on something more worthwhile.

Stop the Collection Things, saving a dev spending time on finding locations on each an every drop place in every expansion zone. And then more time after release to figure out why some spawn in a none accessable area.

Magician pet haste is Burn IX rank 1-3, Burn X rank 1-3, Burn XI rank 1-3 and so on
  20. Derd Augur

I for one would like more raids... ok yep I said it! :) More raids with more tiers with gear that matches. First tier of four or five raids with gear that while not cookie cutter from TDS but not a huge upgrade with raids that have few mechanics and are tuned around a average raid force. Second tier of 6 raids that start to turn up the heat and gear that reflects that as every piece is what we normally see in a "new" gear up expansion. And a third tier that drops augs with slots only in the new gear or just that replace current augs, from 4 to 6 raids that are tuned around having been geared up in said new expansion.

First tier having no req's to enter, second tier only that you've beaten one of the raids of this tier no do this one first etc.., third tier having completed all of tier 2 with no req. of beating tier 1 ( assuming most pure raid guilds would skip them until finished with the actual upgrade tier).