Any news on new TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by beefeater_dp, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Stormblossom Elder

Stunning well thought out rebuttal.
    Brumans likes this.
  2. v01d Journeyman

All TLP servers require an all-access subscription for every player. That's the profit.
    It doesn't matter what the new rule set is. If there are krono there, or krono is tradeable, the economy will end up exactly like Phinny: broken. Hence why no-one will leave Phinny until after OOW.
  3. Silias McKendrick Augur

You do realize that DB probably makes more money from Kronos bought than subs at this point. (People that dont have hrs on end to sit at the machine will always readily throw money at bought items, or even DB cash for pots). If I were DB I'd do same as phinny, open fv ruleset but tweak drop rates on coveted items. Watch Kronos fly, when population drops enough rinse repeat. Business, they get paid to pump your pockets.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

You live in a fantasy land. It's kind of adorable.
  5. taliefer Augur

Phinny has the strongest most active economy of any TLP. It's th exact opposite of broken
  6. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Agreed. While I believe Phinny will remain healthy for years to come, I expect a phinny clone with FV ruleset would maintain just as well (if not better.)
  7. Thash Zoner

Yes. In addition to tradeable loot, we'll continue with enforced language barriers (let's go with Human standard this time, instead of Elvish), and bring back the one character per account limit with trivial loot code as the icing on the cake! Those were the original balancing points for that very distinct advantage, not to mention the preference for RP creating great difficulty for raid leaders who need a variety of classes and thus, races.

Just kidding of course. It was fun, though, back then.
  8. Galdous Augur

We finally need a server that limits boxing. A no box code for the next server with phinny rules or if we add FV rules then weapon/armor need to have a durability rating that can be repaired before finally breaking.
  9. KnightofTruth Journeyman

That sounds terrible. If everyone was playing 1 character then what seperates them? You might as well just remove all instances too while you're at it. You can't limit boxing any further, just stop with these insane suggestions to remove boxing, if that happened it would end up being the size of Lockjaw or Ragefire.
  10. Tinytinker Augur

Have you found one account per person to make that big of a difference on Project 1999? Please tell me how much noticeable a change in quality of life it made.
  11. beefeater_dp Journeyman

I mean, I personally do see the benefits of something like this. Many people roll boxes to avoid having to group, and get things done on their own time. If everyone was forced to play ONLY one character, it would promote more grouping, socialization, and hybrids would be far more desirable as a class than they are now. I personally wouldn't mind seeing an IP restriction, but I honestly don't think they will ever implement that due to reasons previously posted (families wanting to play together, loss of sub revenue for DBG etc etc.)
  12. AgentofChange Augur

I would never play on a server that restricted you to only being able to play 1 character. Having to group with the general public would be a rather unpleasant experience. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.
  13. Kahna Augur

No, because all those people who normally roll a box so they can avoid grouping would just not play on that server. You would end up with a small population. This isn't 1999, were you can force people to play your game, despite the annoyances, because there are no other options. People who just choose to play some other game or on another server that would give them the experience they are looking for. Your server would have a small population and without the ability to box a much needed, but boring, class in groups and raids the population would collapse pretty quickly. P99's 1k people isn't enough to sustain a population through the expansions.
  14. Tinytinker Augur

Thank you for explaining your reasons. I have to disagree though with many of the reasons you gave. I used to play Project 1999 and found some classes just had a hard time getting groups, period. I was proactive too and tried starting groups and helping people, and still found groups difficult to get because of the hybrid xp rules at the time and players really wanting optimal classes. Most of the time, I got tells, it was because someone wanted power leveling.

I didn't find the one character rules made people more social and kinder. It feel like they were concerned about the IP rules affecting their reputations. One time I got asked to join a group, ran to get there, and found that the group leader had replaced me with one of their friends. Another time, I asked to be put on a list for when a camp opened, and after promising me I was next, the player changed their mind and gave it someone else. I've seen people use racial slurs and talk bad about disabled people, so I don't believe it leads to a better social experience. Maybe your experiences were different but one character per IP was a bad experience for me.
  15. Galdous Augur

Quality of life in p1999 and here are in essence comparing apples to oranges. Having a silly xp penalty that BROUGHT down the entire group's xp as a hybrid was stupid and something that should not have been on p1999. I am not totally for the original experience when it comes to silly mechanics within the system that serve no purpose. It was an after thought of Dungeons and Dragons and not logical for a online game. Boxing your own group in an online environment is what is really not logical.

I never once have issues forming my own groups on either my shaman or my paladin. Most of it is in how you act and treat people around you and has no bearing over multiboxing which does make sense in a online game. I am able to solo just fine on my paladin which is deemed almost the weakest solo class outside of maybe rogue/warriors and its not been done before. It would promote the original concept of an mmo rpg which is coordination and socialization with other people and not yourself+your bots. It is an issue but the only true recourse is the culture of boxing and cheating is so engrained in this game that MQ1-2 generations is an accepted evil that is tolerated because its been around so long.

They are spawning new servers like bunnies so why not give a NO box server some merit and a try is beyond me. Those who are pushing against it really have little argument because you have every other server to quench your boxing needs on. Phinigel is just as easy to box as every other server because rules are not really enforced on software/counters to the true box code. The true box code in that mind has failed so a IP specific might be a course to take or bring back a Stormhammer expensive server that doesn't allow Krono to be consumed on that costs as much as 4-5 accounts. Dunno but the idea has merit and saying it wont be popular when no one has even done a poll is silly and contrived.
  16. QuasiGnome Journeyman

Phinny was almost perfect for me, though I would have liked faster XP. I was ok with Krono but it was disappointing that so many players came in with huge amounts at the start. I've wondered how it might work to have a server specific krono for a new TLP, but it's really not a priority to me. Overall, I think krono isnt too disruptive. If it makes them money and keeps the game alive, I think it's fine. Just keep the TLP Servers coming.

Boxing became the deal breaker that made me stop playing so I'm waiting to see what the next server has to offer. I'm still paying my sub because I'm happy to support the game but I won't put in xp/grinding time until they do something to truly limit boxing.

I'd even take a limit of 2 or maybe 3 accounts per IP. Anything to slow down or stop boxed groups and PL services should be considered. Of course, there is no way to be sure but I think a server with real boxing restrictions would do quite well.
  17. taliefer Augur

i dont get the allure of the FV loot ruleset personally.

they dont need to reinvent the wheel, keep it simple with a twist. i still think letting beastlords and zerkers be available from the start would be twist enough and interesting for a new server. not to mention alot of fun, the whole idea behind a video game
  18. Tinytinker Augur

IP limits would be a deal breaker for me, because it would make harder for us to play together as a family. Right now, 80% of what we do in game are family groups, because we can't predict when our toddler will want attention and we're dealing with tight deadlines at work. It's a lot easier for us to say, something's come up, group's over, if we're playing together as a family, than to do a pick up group and have to bail. I do not do many pick up groups because I hate telling them, sorry, you have to find a new tank when people have just clicked potions.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

I might prefer that. Usually I get the guys that are watching YouTube or Twitch and barely paying attention.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

The majority of people here have said they wouldn't play on that type of server. A few of you who don't like boxers would. You either are not listening or simply believe you are right and everyone else is wrong.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.