Any news from the FanFaire yet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 18, 2012.

1. quseio Augur

sigh sandbox ? shrug..... i dont care for the term, as long as they dont forget some themepark rides ie a coherent story what we really should get is a sandbox based in a really nice themepark.

Im all for conqureing zones and stuff just dont forget thebasics real quests not just tasks some really out there hardcore quests.

One thing id like to know is are they still going for the less classes thing ?

And what exactly does that mean? will there be like thus, knight class with subclasses for shadowknights paladins and some neutral diety knight then a warrior class with subclasses available later on, likeblademaster,berserker, . and same for caster classes and priests and scout style classes?
  2. Cakvala Augur

Like we all suspected November 28th for this expansion.
  3. Mardy Augur

Thank you very much for the video link, I couldn't find it, now gonna watch it while "working" :)
  4. Ronak Augur

I don't have issues with sandbox games, they are among my favorites. Games like Just Cause 1 and 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Saints Row 3, Fallout 3, etc. The thing is, WoW is pretty sandbox-ish for an MMOG. So it was canned for being too much like WoW, so it can be a bigger sandbox than WoW is this time? I'm confused.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What is a sandbox game?
    Never heard the term before.
  6. Mardy Augur

Sandbox - do as you wish, you have the sand, you build your own castle the way you want to build it. A game that allows you to choose the path you want to play and does not force you to quest if you don't want to.

Themepark - quest on a rail system, you follow the quests the game give you and progress your character that way.

But like Ronak said though, WoW is already a pretty sandbox-ish game. So it'll be interesting to see what they mean by the biggest sandbox game ever.
    RekMMO likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks Mardy
  8. iniari-TR Augur

everquest theme done by the rollercoaster tycoon people. :(
  9. Mardy Augur

Live stream going about the player studio:
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Thanks for the links, some good information in there.
  11. Mardy Augur

Keynote for tonight is on right now.
  12. Cakvala Augur

All my items have been submitted to Players studio tonight are shields, weapons will be tomorrow. Lets hope they can be processed!
  13. Hatsee Augur

While I also liked those games I would say that I hate sandbox mmo's.

The main difference being you spend a lot of time building a character in an mmo and in a sandbox game pvp is integral to most of them. Some with full loot. Now I loved that as a kid but now? I'm not touching any game with both of those ever again unless it's free and even then I'm not going to stay long.
    Sinestra and Ronak like this.
  14. Redex Journeyman

Good luck Cakvala, I hope your creations are a great success :)
  15. Riou EQResource

More Rain of Fear notes from it tonight, have a lot of SS's most of the places they showed on video, will take a bit tho :p
  16. Mardy Augur

EQ2 is totally stealing the show with modern graphics and features. Watching EQ2 keynote is actually making me want to play EQ2 for the first time in like 5 years.
    RekMMO likes this.
  17. Ronak Augur

Good point, and one I agree with.
  18. RekMMO Lorekeeper

I felt the same way while watching tonight. They have really beautiful zones. And that boss's entrance was really cool. The one that steps on the tiny mob and stuff. Hoping EQN is full of that type of awesomeness.

Unfortunately, my computer doesn't do EQ2 any justice at all graphics-wise. Plus I can't stand soloing quests all day long. =/
  19. Candydare Elder

They showed 2 of the shields you created and I picked one of those as your best creation!:)
    Cakvala likes this.
  20. Riou EQResource