Any bets on whether the expeditions are actually fixed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Catashe, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Catashe Augur

Personally I ain't holding my breath.. Sure they probably fixed the Sky mobs and that naggy zone out thing but personally I don't think they got it in them to fix the extended lockout thing and to rub salt in the wounds of everyone who got greater than a 6.5 day lockout they made it so the lockout they've been waiting for to go away is just reduced to the normal 6.5 days instead of possible just coding it to have all expeditions just reset on wednesdays or something like that...

There is also no mention of the bug where if you invite someone to the expedition after you've already started clearing mobs there's a real good chance that it will add 6.5 days for every person you've invited which is a real PITA if you have people showing up late or during the raids that take acouple hours to clear aka Fear or Sky you might have people come and go and want to come raid..
  2. bodes Augur

Kind of a pointless post since we'll find out today
  3. Batbener Augur

Or that it will be locked in about 3 hours...
  4. Zublak Augur

I don't play there, but I don't see anything in their notes about the Hate instance that I guess people can't access? I could be wrong, but think I've read something about there being something wrong with the agent or lack there of?
  5. Slartibartfast Journeyman

Dev said the following in this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/patch-notes-up-but.230083/#post-3386607

6. Pseudofate Augur

This was addressed by Prathun. Fix was in the works, but omitted from notes.
  7. Ecksesive Journeyman

You can spawn the hate instance, you just have to know the secret code, 8675309.
    TowerDefense likes this.
  8. TarewMarrForever Augur

Cautiously optimistic...results on Test were positive, but still couldn't test everything. ;-(
  9. Slartibartfast Journeyman

Ahh, that's my problem. I was using 4 8 15 16 23 42..
  10. Ecksesive Journeyman

But in all seriousness we were able to spawn the instance version of Hate, there is a trick to it, which is dumb, so hopefully they fix it today!
  11. Killer Rabbits New Member

Jenny, please let me in Hate
    JustACleric likes this.
  12. Kibanu Augur

I'm hoping so. We purposely didn't spawn any new instances so we could start fresh tonight. Time will tell.
  13. Sinestre Journeyman

Next week's lottery numbers fellas! Thanks :D
  14. Vaclav Augur

I got a boss named Jenny that was linked to a guard named Tommy Tutone, did I do something wrong?

On topic though - Test last few days definitely had all the non planar stuff fixed. Planar couldn't be tested, but Sky fix seems trivial to do. I tried doing things that have gotten longer lockouts to no result - so couldn't test if the 6.5d reset function works - but the thing its a protection against seems fixed to me.

My only worry is Hate - 99% sure the rest is fine. Hate I'm 50/50 on.
  15. Pseudofate Augur

Let's hope Hate was fixed and it not being included here is an oversight. (again...)

Or are these rolling notes as the patch is worked on?
  16. Zublak Augur

17. Vaclav Augur

Yea, it was clearly not added to patch notes - but "nothing to test on Test" is a known issue for Fear and Sky (not broken but mistuned) that functioned properly with the caveat for Sky in place.

So just because it couldn't be tested on Test doesn't necessarily mean anything.
  18. Grau Elder

Hate... you can now spawn the instance... but it's the live server level 105, TBM version. Calling it now.
  19. Thawg Elder

I just want to know. at what point does a "potential issue" become a real issue?
  20. Vaclav Augur

When it's confirmed as a thing... scientific method and all...

Look at it like seeing some slushy rain and worrying about your driveway being iced over and you breaking your neck walking down it.

You start out wary, testing it until you confirm it before you grab sharp stuff to gouge the ice and/or salt. If you do it needlessly you've either got a mess of salt to clean up or some potentially pitting in your driveway that you'll have to spend cash on repairing down the line.

Don't blindly rush out the door like nothing is there. You could be harmed by not being wary.
    But similarly don't jump immediately to fixing it. Sometimes the fix can cause harm itself when it's not needed.

(Note: This is part of why resurrecting Vulak as a TLP Test Server would be amazing)