Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have already told us about what we keep with a persona and not being able to choose all classes because of your race is a pretty big limitation.

Exactly what I have been saying, when you create a new persona you chose the race/class combo that you want.

Based on getting a number of slots on preorder it seems like it will be unlocking per slot per character.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Brildon like this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just so we're all operating on the same rumors for our 'speculation'.

-'Alternate Personas' was a Qwalla project. Qwalla is now gone.

-It has already been stated they ran into 'unforeseen circumstances' and the development is taking longer.

-It's not on beta because it's not ready.

-The EULA states they can't guarantee the viability of their service (you pay for) for any specific purpose, so they are totally within their legal rights to 'promise' something (in the form of a feature) that doesn't work on release or isn't even present.
    Marton, Captain Video and Sissruukk like this.
  3. DeadRagarr Augur

This also makes the most sense from a Daybreak Cash Shop point of view. Why lock it down when you can sell X16 classes + XP potions because people might reroll existing alt classes to have them on the same Persona. This also means say you have 8 character slots, thats is a total of 128 unlocks to purchase total rather than just 8.

While the character swap screen does sound like a way to do it, based on the screen shot what happens when you say have X2 of the same class? It only **Only** shows **One** per class. If say for instance it was simply blank that would make more sense <Buy a slot -> Pick a character from account -> Name of Character goes into box>
    Waring_McMarrin and Skuz like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't know, neither do you. And that was my point.
    Barton likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Dzarn.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think we can give the devs a little credit here.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Dzarn was gone before Qwalla. So I assume you're saying it was a primarily Dzarn started project, then passed to Qwalla.

At any rate, the main attributed devs are gone now is the rumor we both heard?
  8. Ephyr Lorekeeper

I think it was Accendo who was working on personas and originated it, was in the book.
  9. Randomized Augur

You can keep everything they mentioned and it would still work 100% with race/class restrictions.

But not what I'm saying lol. If I pick a Vah Shir on Oakwynd when Luclin releases, and I go into my persona, Berserker is still locked to me (until GoD). But the other options for Vah Shir remain (mind you, i'm assuming the race restriction stays)

Makes the most sense
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Well before we attribute this 'feature' to more people, let's all be reminded.

-Accendo, Dzarn, and TrueNorth left the company, then later Qwalla left as well.

So my point stands again.

Whomever this 'feature' may be attributed to (originating from and/or the most recent work done) is no longer at the company.

And they have stated it's taking longer than anticipated.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, because they are not going to limit you to what your current race can support and will let you chose any race/class combination that is available on the server

You are not understanding what I am saying at all. In Luclin when you pick a persona you will be able to pick any race/class combination that is available on the server. There is no way they are going to leave money on the table by limiting someone who plays a barbarian to 4 personas because a barbarian can only play 5 classes two of which are locked on a TLP launch.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  12. WeCameWeConquered Elder

I don't believe any of this is true. Point 3 is definitively not true (hi Crescent Reach).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Randomized Augur

I fully get what you're saying. I'm just saying I'm not giving the devs that kind of credit until it's released for testing and we can see how it plays out.

I'm basing it off of the name "persona" they gave it. An aspect of a character, not an entirely new character.
    Many other people are attributing it to "jobs" from FFXIV (which does not have you creating a new character altogether).

I know what you're saying. I just don't think they've gone that far with it yet.
    Barton likes this.
  14. WeCameWeConquered Elder

No matter what a EULA says, you cannot advertise a feature and fail to deliver on it without offering a refund.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why can't we give the devs credit for some simple things? I don't think it is a hard concept to understand that limiting it to the current race is very limiting and could cause major problems if you race change to a race that doesn't support all your personas.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Master Mercenaries would like to have a word with you.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That would be the paid beta.

We'll see how that turns out. ;)

edit*
    Or should I say, I challenge you to a ship to ship duel!!
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Randomized Augur

It's also not hard to see how it would also be a cash grab to have someone start a new character and buy another persona slot too.

2 characters + 2 personas takes more time to level and what not than 1 character with 2 personas.

Either way
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would take the same amount of time to level and would result in being little different then alts that we currently have. A player would be much more likely to create two separate alts to level instead of paying to create a persona on an alt.
  20. Captain Video Augur

Try getting any of the newbie armor quests in PoK if your home city is Crescent Reach. That's been broken ever since TSS launched, which is, what, more than 15 years ago now. F2P players get a box when they ding 10 which tells them to go look for these quests they can't get, a bug which is based entirely on race. So his point 3 was/is very true.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.