Agnarr Warrior weapons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FifieldP99, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

The planes don't open until Naggy and Vox die, so not day 1 most likely.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

I actually don't think this is true with instances, pretty sure there's no requirement to enter them. Instances often create issues like this. I could be wrong though.
  3. FifieldP99 New Member

Ty Baldur
    God damn trolls cant keep out of a thread asking about weapons.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Yeah but then "get a BABS till raiding" aint a lot of fun even if it is true.
  5. Aegir Augur

The Dark Elf Officers in Kitchicor are up in Classic. So instead of Short sword of Ykesha, you want Scimitar of the Ykesha, has two less dly than the Short Sword. There's also an ultra rare drop from those officers: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=332

The Runebladed Sword of the Night relies a lot on procs to shine, so if you want to go for that one make sure you pick a race where you can max up your dex in classic (not easy).

But for an Ogre Warrior in classic I'd say: Scimitar of the Ykesha and Dagas.
  6. taliefer Augur

mudman enforcer and smoldering brand are great options, both are better than yaks in classic due to proc rate being so abysmally low.

believe the hole opens once nag and vox are killed, or maybe when the planes are cleared.
  7. Baldur Augur

Totally forgot about that. It's naggy, vox, and phinigel I believe. Once they die then the hole and the planes open up. Once the hole opens up those weapons in there are very nice for classic.

Ultra rare is right. Magelo has it at 3%. Not worth trying to get IMO. If you get lucky while camping a scimitar, then fine. Once you get your scimitar though it's time to move on.
  8. Green_Mage Augur

So obviously you have no idea what your talking about. Even if AC mitigation is similar between Warrior and SK/Pal, that doesn't begin to replace warrior as a class. Not to mention you seem to think that "exploiting content" means no tank is required.
  9. taliefer Augur

Knights are better raid tanks during classic because the mitigation difference is negligible and the agro is much better. after classic, warriors raid tank the vast majority of content. thinking warriors are useless on a PoP locked server is one of the most absurd things ive seen on this forum

on topic, mudman enforcer and smoldering brand are pretty much your best bet for non raid weapons. they are both better than SSOY. theres threads around the time ragefire launched where i broke down the aggro on many of the warrior weapons available during classic.

mudman and smoldering drop from the hole and are fairly common once it opens, which i believe happens after nag/vox die, or maybe after the gods. i honestly dont remember
  10. nagash101 Augur

^^^ this makes the Warrior better then the Knight Classes. Also a dual wielding Warrior has better DPS then both Knight Classes, in Classic. With DBGs adding the provoke line of disciplines in the game at the start they also have zero issues holding aggro along with the taunt fix added about 6 months ago.
  11. nagash101 Augur

absolutely. I would take a warrior over a knight every single time. no matter what is said on the forums by the forum warriors, warriors are the raid tanks for the most part in EQ, classic or otherwise.
  12. Wrankled Lorekeeper

Good luck killing many raid targets in classic without warrior disciplines. Don't even bother going to sky.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Yes during classic Knights do just fine as raid tanks and in most cases are actually preferred for their agro generation.

But once you get to Kunark+ warriors take back over as main tanks. There are some Kunark fights that knights will do well on but overall warriors will tank the vast majority of raids past that point.

I agree with Baldur. Everyone keeps saying "SOY and Dagas" but I know many warriors who were never able to get their dagas

A very easy weapon you can get pretty dang early in the server will be the BALS (Blackened Alloy Longsword). Its a great warrior weapon till you get Yaks or better. You could also do the BABS as well (Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword) but for warrior Id say go with 1 BALS and then whatever you can pickup.
  14. Catashe Augur

Lets not forget all those new kunark quest they "fixed" the weapons from those quests are pretty nice for the era and unless they locked them out of kunark will be in Kunark for Agnarr
  15. Grelf Journeyman

Obsidian shard hasn't been mentioned, from SolA Kobold Predator. Great agro until you get the ykesha procs.