Agnarr Warrior weapons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FifieldP99, Mar 26, 2017.

1. FifieldP99 New Member

Hey guys, i know classic pretty good but with these TLP servers there are always wierd mobs that shouldnt be in era.

Are there any weapons i should look out for as a warrior? Here is an example of a mob in game that drops a nice caser offhand and knight weapon thats not in era. any warrior ones like this?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6838

If im thinking just classic, im looking at weapons like these:
    Scimitar of Ykesha from Kith
    Trochilics Skean from gnome in Steamfont?
    Short sword of Ykesha from Guk
    Will sky be raidable day one for the Fangol and Dagas?

Thanks in advance
  2. Basak Augur

Why'd you reply? lol
  3. Strawberry Augur

He's not wrong though, I doubt warriors will be useful on that server.

The content prior to GoD is so easy to exploit for guilds. A warrior doesn't strike me as a usefull class on a permalocked server, considering how early it locks.

Other classes had their returns on AC adjusted somewhere during TSS, this affects how powerfull warriors are during classic. Warriors are far less powerfull than they used to be in classic. Or to be more precise, they lost relative AC mitigation since other classes had their AC returns raised. Later on in EQ that balances out again, since gear becomes more and more class specific, but you'll never see that content on that locked server.

On servers that unlock all expansions, farming warrior weapons makes sense, it's an investment into a class that will eventually be very usefull. But to farm warrior weapons on a server that locks before GoD....uhm...kind of a waste of time since you'll never see the full potential of the class.

I'll never understand why people even like raiding classic, it's the most exploitable content in EQ, I have never seen a TLP server where classic raids weren't being exploited. Even for content that isn't exploited, it's beaten in very uhm...unconventional and unsatisfying ways for most classes.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  4. Razzle Augur

I played a warrior on a PoP locked server. Warriors are still top dog tank for velious, and especially Luclin and PoP. Knights don't have a Defensive disc like warriors do, which is the deference in wiping or not wiping in a lot of encounters. MTs are taking other damages from special attacks and AoEs that bypass AC not just physical attacks, and all this damage at the same time. Knights cannot take the punishment a warrior can most notability spike damage. Sure in Classic it may not matter but that is on any server.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

While I agree most threads on here turn into random trolls, I really doubt there's any guilds who want to progress with 0 warriors. You are just making life harder than it has to be. You also wouldn't be able to split any of the NToV - PoP content without geared warriors, at least not efficiently.

Warriors do suck in classic though, but if you want weapons get a dagas & ssoy.
    Rhodz and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Pretty much this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

If you played a warrior on a pop locked server, then you played on a server that did not have the ac mitigation changes he described. What the experience was like on Al Kabor or an is not really relevant here.
  8. Razzle Augur

I play a warrior on live too. Those changes he refered to don't change what I stated, they are still facts. Warriors have more hit points and discs that help them deal with damage better than knights do. Warriors have a 5% innate DI reduction built in to the class itself. Which equates to -1 DI from every attack. That is what the class was designed for, taking damage.
  9. Razzle Augur

Pretty much this. :)
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Holy crap, that sig is annoying.
    Renshu likes this.
  11. Astley Augur

Hey now... don't make fun of the "Guilder Leader"
    Renshu likes this.
  12. nagash101 Augur

LoL.
  13. Rovell Elder

Trochilic's Skean drops from Renux, which is activated once Kunark launches for the Rogue Epic. Some parts of the Rogue Epic work in classic and if i recall, picking the guild leader pockets for the notes works in classic but turning them in doesn't.
  14. Bewts Augur

You're really handicapping your raid if you believe warriors are irrelevant on a PoP locked server.

Lacking access to defensive and in some cases furious is going to really challenge your raid to field the requisite DPS as you will need to fill slots to overheal the more damage intensive encounters. I'd hate to see Trak without furious tank swapping for example.

Of course if you /exploit certain events, you don't even need a tank at al but that's probably a guild for a very few select people.

Get your Dagas and SSOY to start. Upgrade to Epics in Kunark and then BoC/SoD combinations in Velious.

Ignore the over inflated opinions of hybrid tanks, it's a bunch of noise.
  15. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Did you forget about DT mobs? Inny? How about AoW?

You are on something if you think warriors are not needed.
  16. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

This guy thinks everyone tanks with mage pet armies.

Warriors are absolutely needed in classic, kunark, and velious, and beyond.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

It takes a glutton for punishment to play that class pre-100.
  18. Bewts Augur

Reading comprehension lesson of the day.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/irrelevant

Re-read the first sentence after you've read the above referenced definition...

I'm on Team Warrior here.

Oh, and you'd be pretty dumb to have a warrior take a DT when there's Paladins and SK that can taunt right before a DT is expected to land.
  19. Rhodz Augur

Given the opinions here vary greatly it looks like Warriors are still going to be around and in demand.
  20. Baldur Augur

So just to keep this thread on topic and back to what the OP asked.

Yes sky will be raidable day 1 for Fangol and Dagas. You'll need a level 50 raid to do it though. I believe BiS in classic for a warrior is Dagas/Scimitar of the Ykesha.

Your best bet at the mid levels is to go to runnyeye. It's going to be crowded, but you can't beat the weapons that come out of there for the level. The blackened alloy armor isn't bad either, same AC as fine plate and weighs less.

Specifically Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword and Blackened Alloy Longsword will be your best bets until you can raid.
    Rhodz and Old Man like this.