Agnarr - <Ship Wrecked> Scheduled Raiding Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by EQCleric4Life, May 7, 2017.

1. EQCleric4Life Lorekeeper

Ship Wrecked is recruiting on Agnarr TLP. Our goal is to be an organized and efficient team of raiders. We fully take advantage of the expeditions available to us on Agnarr that lets the guild make the decisions about when we raid. We are about 60 raiders strong at this point and want to add YOU to our team. Our goals are to meet the challenge of raiding Veeshan’s Peak in era as well as provide opportunities to complete as many epic fights as we can. Beyond Kunark, we plan to defeat all future content in era. We are looking for motivated players that want to join a team of wise cracking, fun loving raiders who talk a little sh*t but clear content while building memories and having fun.

As a team we have completed all content in classic and look forward to continuing this for Kunark.

We utilize traditional DKP with open bidding. We earn 2 DKP per hour with 1 point bonus each for OnTime, End of Raid and First time boss kills.
    Our raid nights are T / Th from 8:30 – 11:30 pm eastern and Sunday 7 – 11:30 pm eastern.

Stop by our website at www.shipwreckedguild.com and fill out an application.
    Join us in discord : https://discord.gg/wCbkTJG
  2. Iyacc Augur

Good luck! See you in game. :)
    EQCleric4Life likes this.
  3. Traspe Journeyman

Now this is a guild that will do really well on Agnarr
    EQCleric4Life likes this.
  4. Ellis Elder

Seems interesting....a little worried about how this Suicide Kings DKP system works out. Have you used it in the past? I simply have no experience with it and I'm not entirely sure how that plays out.
  5. Basak Augur

I've used it in the past, it is a pretty fun raid point based system. Basically you want an item, you get it if you have the highest DKP. Once you get the item you reset to 0 dkp. This prevents people from winning multiple items on a single raid. It slows down personal gear progression but the overall guild gets upgrades at a faster rate. It's a useful system for more hard-core raiders as I can't see it working very well in a casual setting.
  6. Tandy New Member

Does this mean you will not be completing epics for classes that require kills from kunark open world dragons?
  7. Ellis Elder

Are there any exceptions to the "drop to 0" rule? Like say a warrior-only item drops and only 1 warrior could use it, it'd be a total waste for anyone but him to get it. Does he still drop to 0 DKP? Or say a drum drops, does a bard still drop to 0 for claiming it? What happens if no one is willing to spend DKP on something? Just trying to get a handle on this.
  8. EQCleric4Life Lorekeeper

@Tandy as far as we know there aren't any epics that require open world dragons since the change for Trak to stop the guts for bard epic. And if I'm mistaken and we must do open world dragons it will be the members job to keep the timer and gather the forces necessary but the guild will make every effort to assist when called. I remember on Phinny during Kunark that bards had to work their poop sock off to get timing and tu to have a forced gathered to take open world Trak.

@Ellis good question and one I will discuss with our officer core. Thanks for your question.

@Basak thanks for explaining that!!

@Ellis Resetting to zero is a way to try and prevent DKP inflation while still allowing newcomers to get in on some action for loot it also doesn't allow for class collusion.
  9. taliefer Augur

agnarr seems like the "lets make loot hard just cause" server
  10. Basak Augur

Not sure how this guild will do it but the way I did it before was some sort of percentage off DKP instead of going zero. Like maybe I would cut 25% off their DKP total instead of the 100%.
  11. taliefer Augur

all of those dragons are instanced
  12. AgentofChange Augur

There are no epics that require open world dragons. Every dragon can be killed in an instance.

Good luck with your guild. You may want to rethink your dkp system, you're going to scare off a lot of people with it, mostly because it's a very stupid system.
    taliefer likes this.
  13. Basak Augur

lol - What is your ideal loot distribution system?

Suicide Kings works very well, It's one I've used personally and that I have seen used in multiple guilds over the years and it has all worked for them.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Oh a Zurdula quote, nice. Your guild /randoms your loot, so forgive me if I don't take your personal story of suicide kings being a solid loot system to heart. You guild is top of the terrible loot systems we'll see on Agnarr.

There's a ton of loot throughout the early expansions that are minor upgrades and worth getting, but if you're sitting on a decent amount of dkp you won't buy it b/c you'll be reset to 0. So you won't buy it. Leads to situations where loot could literally rot because it's not worth resetting your dkp for it. Yet it's an upgrade and would help your guild. RIP.
  15. Kalairo New Member

There are lots of systems of dkp. Every one of them has their pitfalls. We chose what we thought would be a good fit for serious raiding on a casual schedule (3 days a week).

We aren't unapproachable on ideas though. As we get off the ground going, we will fine tune any aspect of <Ship Wrecked> that needs it including loot methods, but for now, this is our starting point.
  16. EQCleric4Life Lorekeeper

@Kalairo Hello! <3

@Ellis we discussed and feel the answer to your question about how the reset to zero would work in he case where only a single member would benefit from the upgrade that the person should still lose all DKP and be reset to zero.

On that note as Kalairo said above this was our stab at trying something that has worked in the past and while it may be naive of me to think the guild we are starting puts the WHOLE raid's welfare above the needs of a single person. More than that if it's an upgrade for a person then the entire raid just got a boost.

We want to foster a community where you take the upgrade and make the entire raid a little better.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

Ok but if someone is #1 in dkp, and something drops that would be an upgrade for them & nobody else bids on it, guess what. They aren't going to go to 0 dkp for that piece of loot. They'll just let it rot. Congrats you just made your raid WEAKER because your dkp system is just that - weak.

It also doesn't avoid collusion, it further encourages it...
  18. Basak Augur

lol, I've used a lot of different types of systems. They have all worked for years, both myself and I have seen other use them. They all have strengths and weaknesses. There is no one perfect system.

On that, Zurdula is not strictly /random, we use DKP so there's that.

Random would not work well on any server unless it was clear of the direction. For Agnarr that direction is ending at PoP. For others even on live servers it is a direction of every piece of gear that a person wants. While that wouldn't be ideal on live servers on Agnarr it would be one of the better options for gearing up the members. This method would not work on cutting edge end game guilds.

Suicide Kings brings it's own issues, you have people holding out for that one piece, that is true, but in the end they are hurting themselves, not the guild. A Tank holding off on that chestpiece will not be tanking in garbage so they would innately not get the chestpiece when It does drop, because they would not be participating.

Loot Council is a fun one if you can trust your loot council. I have seen too many times favoritism, while this can be seen in any other DKP system outside open bid I would say this is probably the most corruptible loot system.

DKP Shadow Bid (Closed bidding) You have a similar issue of favoritism but not as much so as Loot Council as it is easier to track corruption earlier than later. This also gives people the opportunity to hoard DKP the same way as Suicide Kings, just they would be able to get maybe two or three items before getting zeroed out.

DKP Open Bid Is the least corruptible system dealing with DKP. It has the same issue as Shadow Bidding as terms of hoarding and getting multiple items.

Both bidding systems while most common are also the two most detrimental to new members, now saying that it wouldn't be as much of an issue on Agnarr due to it's nature of locking so people would eventually be able to get what they want anyways so the detriment would only be initial.

Lastly, the DKP Store. Where the loot/raid officers/team set prices for items and people use DKP as currency to purchase the items. People with the same DKP would then either start a bidding war for more DKP cost or the use of /random (whichever the guild feels would be better)
  19. taliefer Augur

Shadow Bidding is far more open to corruption than even loot council in my experience. i dont even understand why people would *want* bidding to be secret. just seems counterproductive to me.

DKP store type seems interesting, seems like itd be alot of work to set reasonable prices. tho seems the least likely for corruption, youd just award the item at whatever price to the highest attendance player first.

Open bidding is the best way to go in my mind. ive seen plenty of 40% raiders able to get gear just fine in these systems, so ive never understood the concept that it keeps "casual" players from getting loot .

also, agnarr doesnt lock until PoP, thats a years worth of raiding using a system in an environment its not designed for, even if one thinks /random is the best way to do it on a locked server.
  20. Basak Augur

Unless the DKP tracking is also shadow it can be tracked easier to make sure items are being bought at reasonable prices.

It would take a lot of work to set up, It took me almost a month to get prices set for just half of an expansion. Though at the time I was doing it myself and doing a lot of school and work so my time for doing it was limited. Store is probably my favorite system to use, though not many people ever use it because of the reason of time to get prices set up in a fair way.

Yes it is. It's a matter of rot and time. I've seen even first day raiders get loot from raids, casual or not, with open bidding, only because of the circumstances. So this could work well for casuals.

Well, /random is not the best to do it, I never really intended to say that. What I meant was it was a better system to use on a locked server than on a live server. It'd work live, but not as well as on locked. And yes, I can see your point of it not locking for over a year which would make random not as effective, which is why Zurdula is also doing DKP and not strictly random.