Agnarr 2.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vindaven, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Vindaven Elder

Every other (or every other other) TLP should be another Agnarr (or at least rolled next to another).

After Agnarr 2.0 has 3 months of the final expansion (LDoN) it should merge into Agnarr 1.0.

Similar to a “season” in many games.

It would keep Agnarr fresh and keep it running into the long term.

Just another friendly idea. Don’t hate :)
    Chikkin, Rile and Montag like this.
  2. snailish Augur

Kind of depends if Agnarr 1.0 is robust in 6 months? Lock remains an unproven concept at this point.

(I play on Agnarr)
  3. Vindaven Elder

You bring up a good point. A good time to start Agnarr 2.0 would be when Agnarr 1.0 has had 3 months of LDoN.
  4. Montag Augur

This is actually a really good idea.

The fact that Agnarr exists shows they suspected the era would be popular. Now that they've seen that it remains well populated this long after the lock they have to know that encouraging play on Agnarr means reliable subscription numbers.

So yes, an ongoing series of feeder servers for Agnarr would be brilliant both for their income and for those of us on Agnarr who want appreciate things to keep the population healthy.

And if they added some "Event Server" rewards to it, claimable after the end on all (or some) servers it'd be an even bigger hit.

Best "next TLP" idea ever posted.
  5. Rexxy Journeyman

Also, please add feature where there are no lockouts for DZs at the AoC but rather, it costs 1 krono to spawn a DZ at the AoC at any time.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lets just merge with p99.
  7. Kywen Augur

I like the idea of periodic Agnarrs dumping into Agnarr, also.
  8. Xeris Augur

I'd support this. I'd play on Agnarr all over again over starting a TLP that's going to get to live. Else, I'd play an OOW locked server. I love the concept that the most casual of players can reach the end game/build a high end character on Agnarr. The folks that played 15 hours/day in Faceless and rushed everything and got full BIS in era and the guy who raids once a week will be at the same gear level eventually, both types of player took the game at their own pace and had fun.
    Chikkin and Rile like this.
  9. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Played on Agnarr, but left for Coirnav. I would do classic to PoP(minus Velious) all over again and again.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

As part of the rushers since Classic on Agnarr, I can tell you this: If they come out with a seasonal Agnarr-style, I'd play on it, but never again will I wake up in the middle of the night for batphones. One year of it was enough.
  11. Ultrazen Augur

This is a great idea, they should implement this.
  12. Bailen Augur

I would play on Agnarr 2.0. This is actually an idea for a new type of server that makes sense.
  13. Xeris Augur

I don't doubt it, that type of raiding seems crazy to me, especially on Agnarr, where we know everyone will get to the same point. I think that kind of raiding would be more fun if there was more than 1 guild doing it, that way there's actual competition involved.
  14. HappyPanda Augur

I take your point and don't completely disagree.
    Would also say though that nobody stuck around for Ykesha, and we haven't lost many since LDoN.
    We are coming up on 10 months of being more or less locked at PoP so far and still have a dozen guilds raiding Time and LDoN.

There are regular open raids taking out various targets OW and generally the server seems pretty healthy and it is not bleeding population like it was when we first went through the first few months of PoP.

Backflagging has been a bit down since LDoN but is starting to get going again in the case of several guilds.

The thing about an Agnarr 2.0 is that I think it would draw down Agnarr 1.0 pretty harshly until it got caught up and merged. That may be an ok thing, just something to consider.
    snailish likes this.
  15. Funnything Journeyman

I always thought the appeal of a pop locked/expansion locked server was people could forever experience that era on that server, now people want to redo it again up to POP? I thought people wanted their investment to be worth something by locking at pop and continuing to invest in your character, but now people asking to reroll a new pop locked server?

why not just be on a regular TLP server and stop playing at pop and go back to agnarr after? lol.

seems logical that people who are asking are people who missed the agnarr train, but its not missed! just start up and youll be at pop.
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

Early on there was. The chase was fun when racing for raid mobs in classic. My favorite memory was in NToV, we had just finished killing Vulak, and someone noticed there was a guild getting ready to engage Talendor outside of NToV. We all gathered around the zone out, and zoned in all at once and raced them for the kill. It was a great "Surprise Motha****a!" moment.
  17. That0neguy Augur

Use the right zone or right mob when you make up your next story.
  18. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Since when does Talendor spawn outside of ToV? That's some next level Trucidation M Q stuff right there
    That0neguy likes this.
  19. RandomStrategy Augur

Sontalak....it was Sontalak. Man, I'm tired.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

Nah, it actually happened. It was just several months ago and I didn't have a spreadsheet documenting the RMTs from SoDs like some do to link it to.

Maybe it was your guild back we took Sontalak from when you were on Agnarr. Dunno, we dominated a lot of the kills, and it all tends to blur together, sometimes.