Aggro on raid mobs/burn mobs with no fade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

The Berzerkers in question I've not seen in the ET window before, which made it such a surprise to see them show up there, repeatedly.

I was casting our pally agro debuff (which got nerfed) on them all night, but it didn't help.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

Call me crazy but I think players ought to be able to play their toon to the max potential. If Zerkers have the ability to throw down 400k burns then there ought to be some way that they can do that. Either tanks generating enough aggro to compensate OR zerkers having an ability to control that amount of aggro. I agree that there ought to be some kind of silent casting-type ability for melee DPS and until recently that ability was fade. So, now that they can not fade they ought to be compensated. Zerkers are already rooted, blinded, and lord knows what else while burning.

Why should any of us settle for not playing our toons to their full extent? I don't understand why the "stop attacking" or "sacrifice your DPS" is even mentioned. Just because it is how it was done in the past and some of you think that a return to that is a good thing, it doesn't mean that it actually is a good thing.

Another problem with no fade that I saw last night during raids was loose ramp on Lanys. Obviously, there are ways to try and manage this, but none so effective as being able to fade that ramp onto a tank.

Also, it seems like a fallacy to say that because Arcainos is the only one to bring this up on the forums that he is the ONLY one having this problem. I think most of us know that not everyone in EQ uses the forums on a regular basis. Nor is everyone comfortable enough to raise possible issues here. Especially, since some here are rather.... impish.
  3. segap Augur

Then you end up equalizing all people that can create a GINA trigger for syncing with adps. At that point, it's click a couple buttons and mash a couple others. Having more potential than you can safely achieve means people have to pay attention and those that are best at riding the aggro wave by making real time decisions (not following triggers) will come out on top. Aggro management can be a real skill if implemented correctly. There should be tools available to do it and they should have some sort of short duration penalty to prevent just mashing them when they pop.

Fade was an extreme and really should not have existed. The problem with ditching it now is that it had become embedded over years. Honestly, I did not see problems on our raid night. But I can tell from the forums that a lot of people are dependent on it and too stuck in their ways to quietly adapt.
    Tarvas likes this.
  4. Ricedogg New Member

Was one of these two the tank? Cause if it wasn't im not sure why it was even brought up... I could absolutely vouch for those two as some of the most skilled I've ever played with but my understanding was they where not even on last night so why confuse the whole situation saying this? The warriors that fall behind those two, arent those two.. there is a gap. They are still good, dont get me wrong, but they are not those two you mention in your current rankings.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

Rice, no one is questioning the tanking, rather the severe jump in Berzerker agro on raid events.

I noticed a difference on Thurs/Fri Casual raids, but wrote it off as not that serious.
  6. FawnTemplar Augur

I ignored your dig the first time Rice. Take a hint.
  7. Ricedogg New Member

Actually you have 4 or 5 raid tanks on here telling you guys tank agro is fine and they are having no issues on their raid teams what so ever. And then you 3 are continuing to say its zerker agro, its just not...

And Fawn, i figured it wasnt one of them two because they dont have those agro issues. And you would just be adding that to say it with no meaning behind it at all. It is very possible there is just a difference in your tanks from 1 to 5 or 6. Its not meant to be a knock, its a reality. I looked up your term Exemplary... not even fuckin close btw.
    Silv likes this.
  8. FawnTemplar Augur

Really? Cause we went through all of Arx just fine minus the melee deaths. A lot smoother than when you were tanking for us. I ignored you because I know what your opinion is and frankly I just really don't give a . You left us so really have no idea what is going on with our tanks. As you are so fond of saying gear doesn't equal skill so looking those tanks up on magelo really doesn't mean by your own argument.
  9. Ricedogg New Member

I dont recall a ton of melee deaths while i was tanking for RoV, so your arguement of smoother now doesnt make alot of sense to me. And since i know youll never give up on the conversation until someone says your right I'll just go ahead and say it now Fawn so you can go about your day. Your right, 100% correct and the 5 or so raid tanks are probably incorrect or as Repthor put it, "magic".
  10. FawnTemplar Augur

You probably didn't notice because you were too busy being caught up in yourself, or complaining about everything and everyone. I don't know where anyone said that because some melee died our raids went to hell. We still beat Arx in 3 and a half hours. Tell me... does Fu do that with you?
    Elricvonclief and Ricedogg like this.
  11. Behelit Augur

So wait let me see if I'm doing this right....

tell ur Zerkers to "botton" better, or i guess the Zerkers who can take agro are just "magic".

I would imagine Zerkers have a better idea of their agro concerns than a Warrior, but that doesnt seem to be slowing any of you down from completely dismissing it. Is there anything else the Warrior Council would like to declare while we have you gathered?
  12. Utaerx Elder

I suppose also, since Behelit is also saying this is a problem, we can dismiss RoI's warriors as just not knowing how to hold aggro, right? Fllint, Quarken, and the rest of those newbs just don't know how to aggro, amirite? No? Yeah, I didn't think so either.
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

I don't get the Fanboy reaction to Berzerkers getting shafted.

I think it's wrong what DBG adjusted the game to, but why support a class getting nerfed?
  14. Coronay Augur

Sounds like maybe was just a wonky night. Aggro seems to be fine even with a whole raid burning.
  15. Stephen51 Augur

For the last year or so I've noticed people who've had what I consider to be a reasonable cause to post/complain, be belittled by other players. If I was a cynic I'd say some SOE/Daybreak employees were chipping in. This post is an example of that, and certainly not the worst of them.

Yes in the past maybe DPS stopping attacking was considered a de-agro tool, Then they introduced Spell/Disc/AA agro/de-agro tools and for the past several years that's what people used. Now all of a sudden, a mechanic not related to raid agro has been changed, i.e. fade abilities, and it seems to have had a knock on effect on raids.

Perhaps the current raid content, is built around a sustained level of DPS and slowing that DPS, while fixing the agro problem, may then have an effect on other areas of the raid, like the tanks staying up.

Please stop doing the Devs jobs for them in the form of flaming posters. If you haven't got something constructive to say, keep it to yourself.

Daybreak did add more levels of Bold Attacks, do you know if your tanks bought them? I bought about 12 lvls of them and that cost me 105 AA, and there are still levels to get, I wonder if DB expect these new levels of Bold Attacks and the weapon changes to combat the agro from DPS classes who can no longer fade.
  16. Thraine Augur

We had a Pally tanking Vito last night, i put out a 200k burn and i was in the yellow the whole time, but when a warrior is tanking thats not that case, they seem to do their job.

but then again im no fancy new aged Zerker, like Rep said im just a ole scumbag ranger lmao :)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  17. Thraine Augur

as a wise man once said ....

if your having agro problems i feel bad for you son, i got 99 problems but a tank aint one :p
    Brohg, RPoo, Silv and 1 other person like this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

This .. 1,000% this !

Not one of us, should ever in a million years, support any class getting nerfed ever ..

But for the grace of .. There WE go getting nerfed for the want of others ..
  19. Sindaiann Augur

Yo ricedogg!!! Long time no chat!
    Silv likes this.
  20. Syrup Augur

Finally got to raid arx with the patch changes last night (on my zerk)
    Literally no aggro issues whatsoever.

Zerks are fine.
    Silv likes this.