Aggro on raid mobs/burn mobs with no fade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Arcainos Augur

With the new changes to fade, our zerkers went splat while burning on Arx 1 on Captain Tita.

Hit jarring smite as much as possible, but without any fade, aggro just kept climbing and climbing. Short of turning attack off for a few seconds, we're kinda screwed.

Need a fix here asap.
    Hiladdar, Elricvonclief and Zunnoab like this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You already found the fix.
    Ashten-Prexus likes this.
  3. Drakang Augur

Major hit to many DPS classes. With fade not working as well you have to give up part of your burn to manage agro.
    Hiladdar and Zunnoab like this.
  4. Arcainos Augur

Turning off attack on a burn isn't a solution...
  5. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Turning off attack/not nuking for a few seconds was the original way to control agro. Everyone used to have to time their burn, then turn off attack for a few seconds while praying the mob didn't eat them. Over-nuking wizzies as well as over-eager rogues and monks got eaten. Even healers had to bust their to control their agro. It didn't used to be hard burns from the beginning with the tanks doing 90% of agro control. Everyone had to work hard at it. Welcome to classic-esque EQ raiding.
    Westo, Ashten-Prexus and Kiillz like this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

And the two primary and official reasons for giving some kind of fade to all classes were to help reduce trains while players traveled and to provide all classes with a much needed way to actively control agro without said people having to stop attacking for half a minute or more.
    Hiladdar, Zunnoab and Arcainos like this.
  7. Repthor Augur

8. Zunnoab Augur

Keep the feedback flowing despite the dismissive replies. There's nothing wrong with persistent feedback about a very unpopular sweeping change.
    Hiladdar and Arcainos like this.
  9. FawnTemplar Augur

The level cap on fade just seems counter intuitive to me. Red con mobs are exactly the mobs that I need to fade off....
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is a solution, it is just the solution you don't like. Quite frankly I don't mind having to take a more active role in managing my agro. Is rotating in Jarring Smite not having any noticeable effect?
    Warpeace and Silv like this.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

It's a workaround. It's the re-addition of an aspect of frustration people used to have control over before the change. It's taking a popular change and then pulling the rug out from everyone's feet suddenly.

If some people like that, whatever, but the negative feedback is deserved. I am not saying the developers do not do great things, but those things are a separate subject. When it comes to this round of nerfs, I have nothing positive to say. When I try to use lure and I can't bring mobs together as a crowd control class, it annoys me. It doesn't make things more fun. This is just a whole ball of frustration.
  12. Arcainos Augur

Actually, it's not even the fade issue for zerkers - it's our DMG bonus amping up. Even withbacking out and lower aggro, I was running hot the ENTIRE burn fight.
  13. shadowgod Augur

It's not a realistic solution. Melee are below casters in dps again because of this last patch and now you want us to stop attacking when casters have no issue with agro ? It's absurd just call it evercast because casters have no fear of agro during the burn but melee have to stop attacking during our burn ? Remove silent casting make it a fair.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

I think the feelings should be directed at the changes and not the casters. We don't need to add even more frustration to other classes too. The problem is the changes, not silent casting.
  15. Brudal Augur

Perhaps the powers that be will see fit to give melee a version of silent casting to even the new agro disparity.
    Maedhros and Arcainos like this.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is not a workaround but an important part of character play that has been stripped away for far too long. Most classes have a whole host of spells and ability that they do not even bother buying because it was all about the burn without consequence. This change goes a bit towards making those spells and abilities relevant again.
    Viper1 likes this.
  17. Brudal Augur

Games are supposed to be fun, when they stop being fun it is no longer a wise expenditure of my money. I can pay much better prices to be treated like expletive.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Xeladom like this.
  18. Repthor Augur

do u guys raid without tanks or something , i dont understand . we raided today and all our dps where at their normal 1% aggro as they have been forever unless the mob memblurred or aggro swapped cuz u killed adds . in witch case i had to reatch over and hit my 1 botton to get it back. your tanks needs to botton better for reals guys i feel sorry for you dps ppl that claims this is a dps aggro issue. its 100% a tank problem.

yes yes im sure you gonna say we have terrible melee dps ins Triton but you whould be wrong our melee dps is pretty competent

now if you dont set a proper ramp tank for some of the events now thats an issue, i funny one but an issue for sure =)
    Genoane, Fenudir, Powerful and 2 others like this.
  19. Zarakii Augur

zerks jolts have always sucked and it used to share a timer with a dps mash key (idk if it still does or not)
  20. Silv Augur

/gasp!... Aggro management is a thing?! They should totally add in a UI element... like, an aggro meter?... to help with this situation.

Well I suppose if 'no thought' or 'employing strategy' is part of your definition of "fun" then sure, it's horrible.

People became complacent. That's not what EQ was ever about - it was supposed to offer some type of challenge. Now that they've actually reintroduced the prospect of mana / aggro management, the sky is falling. :rolleyes: The past three expansions have been beyond easy mode. They've slowly learned after UF / VOA that there is a balance between stupidly hard and intelligently hard. They finally are moving towards intelligently hard. People complained so loudly about how horribly easy and boring TDS was and now that they try and improve it... 'zOMG why?!?!?!!!'. Pick your poison people.

Maybe if people stopped obsessing about the "parse" to actually do their job they would survive long enough to... make the parse! If you have to stop attacking or nuking for a few seconds so you live... so you can keep attacking or nuking, well... duh?