AA Innate Intelligence bugged?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Founder, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Founder New Member

So I just got my necromancer to level 52 and I placed 2 pts into Innate Intelligence... what did that get me? Nothing? My mana pool didnt change at all.

bugged or is nothing working as intended?

thanks
  2. Junior New Member

I'm betting that you have darn near full defiant gear for your level - which generally will max out your stats and therefore make putting points into Innate XXXX AA's worthless.
  3. Yawn... Journeyman

Also, if you have any further questions, Founder, you should probably post them in the Newbie Zone.
  4. Djinnkitty Augur

Try putting points into Planar Power, keeping a watch on your stats when you do so. If they go up, that means you've hit your caps from gear bonuses and need to raise those before innates will do any good. Also, you'll be far better served putting points into Spell Casting Mastery, gives your mana waaaay more bang for the buck than any innate stats.
  5. Jonny Panic Augur

Aye most Innate stats are useless nowadays because it's easy to max your stats and get the other effects just using gear. Your INT is already at or beyond it's cap and Innate INT doesn't raise the cap (just the base score), so Innate INT will do nothing.

Even See Invisible and Water Breathing are available on gear pretty early nowadays. The only Innate AAs I buy anymore are Innate Run Speed (for SoW-speed running when I'm not buffed with something better) and Innate Metabolism (to reduce how often I have to check/obtain my food and drink).

Djinnkitty is right in suggesting Planar Power once you hit 61+. That AA raises your stat CAPS. However, again as DK says, there are definitely better things to spend your AAs on. I'd generally suggest saving Planar Power for much, much later... you get a decreasing AAxp bonus towards earning your first 4k AAs, and Planar Power isn't very crucial for a Necro, so don't waste AAs early buying non-critical stuff because it'll cause you to lose more of that bonus faster.
  6. Sebbina Augur

With defiant gear in the game and mercs, most veterans will suggest never putting points into Innate Stats - unless you are end game with 1000s of AA and no place else to put them. Base stat cap up to level 60 is 255, beyond that there is planar power and also level increases in caps.
  7. Djinnkitty Augur

For a necro... yeah, don't even worry about AA's until at least 65. Then I think things like Pet affinity, Critical Affliction, the various archetype spellcasting affinities and other pet buffs open up, which will make a huge difference.
  8. Nolrog Augur

You're INT is likely at the cap for your level (250 IIRC). Adding to Innate Intelligence (something I would strongly recommend against by the way) won't increase that. You should be looking at Planar Power (PP) or Innate Elightenment (IE), both of which increase the maximum you can raise your INT up to (PP increases the max by 5 for all stats, IE increases it for 10 but just for INT and WIS.)
  9. Gladare Augur

The second tab in the inventory window tells you your current stats/caps/heroics as well as other useful information.
  10. Founder New Member

hmmm... is there any way to reset AA pts for reallocation?
  11. Toquillaw Augur

No, except for characters on Test server.