a word on the 20th year of EQ and its continued existence

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Westtell, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I'll pop in this weekend sometime :) <3 you guys
  2. Bobokin Augur

TLP servers don't interest me. Not in the way they have been set up anyway.

Adding two more is a waste of resources - unless they do them right, and I doubt they will.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Anyone maybe able to do it, but is it legal? EQ after all is copywrited for a reason.If I remember correctly p99 has an agreement with EQ.
  4. slayerofbats Augur

The community outside p99 is about 2 people. It is strange how the most clueless posters are the most arrogant.
  5. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Choice is good OP. There may be many people who farm plat or krono or choose to play a certain style but not all of us. DBG is a business that pays employees who live in a VERY HIGH cost of living area. 20 years!! I have no doubt they LOVE EQ. Its not your typical deep fat fryer or desk job. Making money is something they MUST do to stay in business. Its not fair to fault them for that. To say they are enabling the downfall of EQ somehow is so unjust.
  6. lancelove Augur

"We here at Daybreak, after reading the wise post of Westell, have decided we are going to move forward with his great idea and cancel all of the accounts he speaks of there by reducing our Everquest income by 50%. That is a great idea! If someone is paying for 6 accounts, by limiting them to only 3 accounts per IP that will cut our income by 3 accounts, and across the game well! What an awesome idea!"
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

While I personally have no interest in any of the TLP servers they obviously make money for Daybreak. Making Daybreak money seems like a good thing overall for EQ's continuing existence.
  8. Nolrog Augur

So your solution to EQ alleged struggle is to limit the number of accounts a person can play so that they generate less revenue? Why not add in a ban on krono while you're at it.
    Elyssanda likes this.