A Venemous Phase Spider in DN

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Kahna Augur

Are you going to delete your earring? It's OoE loot and you shouldn't have it. Or, maybe, just other people shouldn't have it.

13 hours so far. I feel bad for the bard who has been here with me the whole time and is second in line. He's got a long day ahead of him.
  2. Ladysoth Augur

Xanadas likes this.
  3. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

No, but if DBG deletes it, I won't cry on the forums.
  4. GrugSA Augur

This is a really dumb way to judge if early era loot is "out of ear." You could just as easily compare WDC before it had the focus to Hierophant's cloak and be like one dropped a raid boss and the other a DB mob that is soloable. Hierophant's cloak is clearly out of era. Something similar could be said about the quested SS bps(1 groupable) compared to say Worked dragonhide BP of Sont. EQ prior to PoP just didn't have loot balanced by difficulty. The "out of era" tag should really be reserved for items with out of era clickies/focus effects or gear that would just plan trivialize raid loot e.g. defiant gear.
  5. Kahna Augur

It eventually took 17 hours in the camp before I saw another earring drop. I would say that the difficulty in obtaining the earring was nicely aligned with it's stats. It took me less than 17 hours to get nearly a full set of WTOV armor, including faction. The earring is about on par, stats wise, with a set of WTOV armor. It's nice, but it certainly isn't Vulak loot nice.
  6. Ladysoth Augur

Lol, why not? I absolutely would be quite pissed if I spent half a day or more camping a nice item just for DBG to say "Whoops sorry" and delete it off my character. You up when you allowed it in game if you didn't want it in, it's not my fault it's there. I had no way of knowing it was going to be deleted.

Realistically I wouldn't cry on the forums either just because I knew it wouldn't help anything, but my opinion of DBG would further plummet if they actually took something away from me that I worked for, and I wouldn't blame anybody who did on the forums about it.

It's just weird for you to hold these mutually exclusive positions. It should be removed because it's a better item than Vindi's earring (which is a completely ridiculous thing to say - this is EQ - there have always been group drops better than raid drops) and nobody should have it, yet you have it yourself and won't delete it. If nobody should have it, you shouldn't either. This is the same kind of total absurdity we saw with Radien desperately trying to justify the ST imbroglio which boiled down to "I want to be one of the only ones on the server with a gnome mask"
  7. Mistress Journeyman

Forgotten Ebony Earrings going for 10-15kr boys get em while they are still around and hot!
  8. Balorf Journeyman

"The spider's name was not spelled incorrectly," you just said i spelled it correctly (double negative). You got me, but swing and a miss on the sly insult there big guy. On a side note, I'm disappointed your network security skills are on par with your grammar.
  9. Szeria Elder

It's actually not a double negative, and it's not grammatically incorrect. It's called a litotes, look it up. Prathun here was in fact saying that the spider's name WAS spelled correctly, but there were OTHER npcs that used "venemous" instead of "venomous" that WERE corrected.
    Dither likes this.
  10. Kontra Augur

I feel bad for the people that spent days on that earring. Fierce is a dps race camp! I walked in and took what was mine. 1 named, 1 earring.