A Venemous Phase Spider in DN

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Balorf Journeyman

FYI - This mob is bugged and is not dropping loot. Camped it for 12 hours or so, killed him twice, and dropped literally nothing both times. I tried petitioning the issue to no avail, just wanted to make sure no one else wastes their time like I did.
  2. Gremin Augur

The items he drops have recommended on them, so doubt he will drop them.
  3. Prathun Developer

The Spider Eye Ring and Chain Sleeves of Salvation that a_venomous_phase_spider drops are restricted until Lost Dungeons of Norrath has unlocked. It looks like they were added on August 26th, 2003 when the zone was revamped.

The spider's name was not spelled incorrectly, but I did find 1 NPC, 1 item, 2 spell descriptions, and 4 spell cast texts with "Venemous" in the name and fixed them all.

Thanks for the report!
    Random newb, Dither and Iila like this.
  4. Catashe Augur

You guys really do got a weird restriction system don't ya... Consider all those items that drop from Velks was put in after Velious too... aka Priceless Ice Fetish or whatever that silly earring is... Among the OTHER drops in Velks...
  5. Miss Shortcake Elder

Since spelling errors are of the highest priority, make sure you fix that deadlly blizzard spider too.
  6. Prathun Developer

Checking... and you're right. There are a number of items that were added to Velketor's Labyrinth in 2003 that should have been restricted until LDoN. Appreciate you letting us know.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  7. Trevalon Augur

And thats why you dont mention out of era loot on the forums folks :p
    Xanadas, Skelify and Prathun like this.
  8. Gremin Augur

Dustbinder Grakina is also up in DN, not in era sir.
  9. Prathun Developer

Items added to Siren's Grotto, Velketor's Labyrinth, City of Mist, Dragon Necropolis, and the Hole in 2003 revamps will no longer drop until Lost Dungeons of Norrath has been unlocked on the server.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  10. Finley Augur

I don't really care about the Velks loot but kinda weird to let tons of people have the items then cut them out at a later date.
  11. Prathun Developer

Some items are being unrestricted in the coming update and some are being restricted. We're doing our best to ensure that the drops are era appropriate on progression for now, and for future progression servers.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  12. Wolfdogalpha New Member

Its actually ridiculous for you to remove velks items at this point. Anyone who didnt rush to the camp in the past 3 weeks is at a disadvantage now. The gears been in to long and its fine given the era. There are superior drops from raid bosses. It also completely removes something people had to do in Velious, theres not a lot going on outside of raids and this was a nice camp.

The items been in since fippy, LJ/RF have had it for months, and phinny several weeks. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and work on useful stuff like PoP instances.
  13. Catashe Augur

Hahaha didn't expect ya to go postal on the Velk items but eh whatever... Now if you doing that you must go through every item in the game and actually restrict them to their right expansion.. lol
  14. Ravengloome Augur

You sure like that gasoline don't you.

Kicking myself for not getting Velks 30ac range item now.
  15. Catashe Augur

I expected hate tells but didn't get any
    Ravengloome likes this.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

next time i see you in paladin chat gunna blow you up for real. lol.
  17. Zanador Elder

Is this a joke? The items have been live for weeks. Are you going to remove them from everyone who has received the items already, and compensate them for the time they spent camping the item?
  18. Aenoan Augur

Well, since this is a thing. I believe I heard the pre-nerf CoS is still dropping too.
  19. Catashe Augur

Read again man, he only said that they won't DROP anymore.... All the items that have already dropped and people are using will still be out there... So if you want said items you better farm your but off before the month patch in a week or two
  20. Miss Shortcake Elder

I'm going to laugh when they become required level 65.