A request from Ragefire: Luclin & Beyond

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by totalimmortal, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Bewts Augur

I'm pretty sure DHS could have gotten runs at Vulak if they chose to; with or without clearing it with FI. They just... haven't yet.

In the meantime, until DHS decides to focus on Vulaks consistently, it would be stupid to simply leave vulak triggers up and have less overall vulak spawns for the server.

Wouldn't it be preferable for a guild capable of locking the entire server out of a spawn to gear out on Vulak in the first two to three months and then simply rotate him the final three months with guilds that end up being able to clear him? I'm not saying that is how it will go, but it wouldn't surprise me if some agreement was made to take turns in exchange for specific drops regardless of who kills the dragon. This more or less happened in ST; it was about the time we started giving clerics SoD's that FI and DHS started rotating ST spawns.

For the record it took almost 1.5 months to get our first Lceas so there's always that. I'm not even sure if we've seen more than 1 or two rocks either, or even a single abashi rod? Vulak's loot table is pretty wonky on some drops, let alone the ancient spells for certain classes (clerics and bards particularly).

If you were stupid enough to cross people "DPS bro" style you probably got on in classic. Competition was fierce back in classic and the tools that left LJ for RF probably wouldn't have worked out well in the long run on LJ anyways; drama queens, loot bores, people just looking to stir up trouble.

Good riddance to you pot stirrers, enjoy fighting each other over mobs on RF; life's pretty good on LJ with you tool bags all gone.
  2. Gremin Augur

We just got Ventani down for the first time tonight, grats Tynn on our first shroud. So now DHS just needs to gear out some more so we can do NToV in our 3 hour raid time. That is our issue, we only raid 3 days a week for 3 hours. So unless, we do back to back days in NToV then Vulak aint going to happen for a while.

I am happy everyone is doing well on Phini, but I am sick of hearing LJ is not doing well. We are fine currently, you will know when we are not as I will be one of the first to say maybe its time to merge. In the meantime, if you are not raiding on LJ don't speak for LJ.
  3. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

Add Ventani the Warder first kill tonight for DHS - we get our targets down when we choose to go after them. Usually after we think we have enough gear.

DHS normally (historically) intentionally raids an expansion behind - due to how Lockjaw has developed over its life span, we are raiding current content in concert with FI. We just do it at a comfortable pace as part of our natural progression that makes sense for the membership. It may not make sense to you, but it does to us. We are very content with our place on Lockjaw at the moment, and there is a reason that DHS survived all the server drama, the MoTM, the MotOW, the opening of Phinny, and still is thriving in Velious. We still get people coming over to us from Phinny specifically for the guild atmosphere and more natural progression style. Trust me, DHS is not, nor ever has been, 'oppressed' by Faceless.

We have raced FI a half dozen times for VS, when he happen to spawn in our raid window. We won a few and lost a few. Fun times :D
  4. Dobs Elder

Classic EQ forum. Take a half decent topic and turn it into a 5 page rant fest about what ever this is.

Can we please try and make an effort to keep on topic?

//Meemers
    Adonhiram and Punchu like this.
  5. Risiko Augur

Contrary to popular belief, there is a server that has Phinigel raid instancing and allows boxing. It's the Test server. Plus, you can /testcopy your complete box army to the test server anytime you want.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

This thread appears to be pretty solid proof that all 3 populations of Ragefire, Lockjaw & Phinny are very content with where they are currently at and how their servers are setup. It does not sound like change is what they want.
  7. Phinius Elder

I think what we have learned is that Ragefire wants change in some form, Phinny is happy with their ruleset, and Lockjaw is delusional. :)
    Punchu likes this.
  8. bodes Augur

The most respected man on Lockjaw, a pillar of the community, says the server is fine and doesn't need instancing. Thread is done, boys.
  9. Kloven Elder

Ragefire is essentially still what I signed up for in May 2015, rolling at a pace that works for me. To an extent, I see the population dip the same as the early days of EQ when a new version of Diablo or DAoC came out.

In my opinion the key is finding players with a similar outlook on how to scale the progression. I have many friends who have said they'll see us again in the Fall close to when Luclin comes out, and I'm fine with that, it's their choice.
  10. Silinius Augur

Big Congrats to DHS on the Ventani kill! Was an off night for us so I was actually exploring the dungeon of "Cheesecake Factory" with the wife and celebrating my birthday :)

As Gremin has put it, if we weren't doing good. Both Gremin and I would be on here yelling "Merge, Instancing... grab your pitchforks and book your flights to San Diego!"
  11. Pikallo Augur

Disclaimer - I have no beef with anyone on Lockjaw and will admit I don't have first hand experience with the atmosphere, but to me it always seems like posts involving LJ/Faceless Insanity have an underlying tone that screams "Hey look at us! Someone notice us!".
  12. Dikkan New Member

I see three types of people in this thread:

1) Jealous people on other servers that have to fight over targets because they can't be diplomatic.

2) LJ people that play in end game that see cooperation and are enjoying NOT fighting over targets.

3) Jealous people on LJ that envy the guilds that are actually working together and wish they had the numbers/gear/skill to be part of it.

Nobody can argue that FI has been very efficient at getting all members geared. Now that they are done and we have many months of Velious remaining DHS is plugging away at their own pace. Ensuring they maintain morale by killing new things when they are ready and in a time frame that their members won't get bored.

I play on LJ and personally do not want to see a merge until raiding guilds can no longer field enough members to actually kill targets. Until then, keep them separate.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

So the only possibility is you play on Lockjaw or you are jealous of those who do? Lol ok pal, pass my the rose colored glasses when you are done with em thx. :rolleyes:
  14. bodes Augur

The OP of this thread wanted DBG to drop what they were working on and retrofit features onto RF/LJ which is why it was met with such a harsh response.

The consenus in this thread of players from all 3 servers is that if you want Phinny features you play on Phinny and not try to cherry pick or propose new custom rulesets. If you don't want those features then stay on RF/LJ and be happy like Gremin.
  15. Tarmor of Surefall Journeyman

The atmosphere on Lockjaw has been fairly quiet as of late, and there is cooperation between FI and DHS to a fair extent.

The piece that is missing for those who have not been playing on Lockjaw is the massive exodus that has occurred over the past 3 months. It's important to note that prior to the release of Velious there were on the order of 5 separate guilds with number sufficient to complete Velious content. The losses to the player base have cause all but FI and DHS to become non-viable for the Velious content (we poor hold outs are attempting to cobble together alliances and mergers but it's difficult at best to mobilize a rag-tag fugitive force).

A contributing factor to the decline has been a "loss of hope" among the player base. Let me explain.

During Kunark the raid content was kept locked down 24/7. This was not limited to bottleneck/keying encounters like Trak, but applied to all the Kunark content. Dragons, VS, key camps were all kept perma camped/dead. It didn't matter how trivial the encounter was, it was kept dead within a very tight spawn window.

If your guild happened to get the drop on spawn, you would have effectively one shot to kill it before you would be steam rolled. We watched this happen over and over. Were they nice about it? Sure. They would even give you some items off the kill (items they didn't need). But this meant that your guild never got to actually try or complete the encounter. Kunark encounters aren't hard if you massively overpower them, but some of them can be tricky if you have a smaller raid force and need to complete the encounter using the "old traditional strategies". For those of us interested in nostalgia, this really embittered us.

It also meant that we spent close to 6 months idling in Kunark. Everyone was level capped, had epics and best in slot as achievable from the group and older (classic, planes and sky) raid content.

Velious was to be our release from boredom. The top guild would need to choose a faction, and everyone else would choose to not be on that faction. We would all get raid targets and life would be grand.

But it didn't happen. Instead the raid targets across the board were again locked down.....but.....we were free to go back to Kunark and do those.

Here's the thing, people were tired and bored of Kunark. More over with the top guild releasing their lock on it, the box armies moved in. Being told "You can go raid the same limited content for another 6 months, but you have to race a box army to each spawn (and they are just going to be camped out at the spawn point)" was not appealing.

Our guilds went off to Halls of Testing, geared every man and their alts fully.....and then watched as the rest of the content was kept on lock down. After about a month people started to log in less frequently. Then not at all.

The lockjaw population dropped from 400+ people at prime time, to less than 150. Then Quarm hit. The rest of us left.

Right now a bunch of us still do login and scout for targets. FI and DHS effectively have the server to themselves (and the box armies).
  16. Tarmor of Surefall Journeyman

On the plus side, the box armies will be gone shortly too.

With no one left to fund their krono fueled armies, they will either be forced to pay for their accounts or move back to the live servers.

It's rather ironic actually, traditional supply/demand would dictate that as your consumer base diminishes (and your demand drops) while your supply of items (from older content) increases, the price should decline steeply. Instead the economy has become "krono only" and (due to its discrete nature) inflation has taken hold with the most mundane items demanding a krono.

I really enjoyed Lockjaw, but the server is on the verge of free-fall.
  17. bodes Augur

Locked down content
    unable to take time to learn encounter/re-engage
    rampant box armies
    6 months of kunark was too much
    low population
    etc

All of the problems you're listing are the exact motivations for Phinny's ruleset which solves all of them, but you implied you went to Quarm instead of Phinny. I'm curious as to why?
  18. Tudadar Augur

So which kunark raid targets were perma camped by box armies in velious that wanted them so bad they camped at the spawn? This was done for vox/nag in early kunark ( classic raid mobs. Around 3 months in when boxers stopped killing them was the last time they died LOL. They werent killed again in 5 months so far ) but would love to hear about the kunark raid mobs. You seem to make a lot of stuff up lol.
  19. Tudadar Augur

Or they could just use a stash of krono theyve gotten over the last year to keep them subbed. Everyone doesnt sell them.

Your crying made up posts seem to show you and lots of your friends made a mistake in not going to the brand new progression server phinny at the time. Dont worry though lots of RF/LJ regrets it by now im sure. Enjoy quarm though lol.
  20. Silinius Augur

You are mistaken about a number of things here.

1. Top guilds don't give a crap about faction. Top guilds are concerned with taking out targets to start the timer which is exactly what we did in 5 days.

2. Then top guilds care about keying for ST. We completed the majority of keys for ST in 2-3 weeks. Then we stopped killing key mobs with the exception of Yelinak.

3. Then top guilds shifted focus to killing top loot producing targets like KT, Dain, Yelinak, AoW Cycle and NTOV. We kill Vindi out of necessity to get to Statue/Idol/AoW. We killed Velkator once or twice as a guild and haven't touched him since. The best in slot gear drops from ALL faction end game targets; not just one.

When DHS started moving away from Dain/CoV factioning and gearing up via HOT, we've worked together. There were very few other guilds even attempting targets like KT or Statue. Midnight Phyre has one KT kill even though we've left KT up in favor of doing Vulak a number of times. So tell me again, how hard did you try to work on targets?