A Letter to Prathun from The Dragon

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rithnok, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Rithnok Apprentice

Lord Prathun,

I hope this scroll reaches you in fine health. If you are reading this then the acolyte I sent from the Temple of Veeshan has finally found it's way to you, for that her initiation quest is now complete and she should be quickly winging her way back home to Skyshrine. As it is no longer safe to approach the Temple of Veeshan since the fall of Cazic-Thule.

I cannot say that I'm not duely happy that the so called "God of Fear" has finally scattered his essence across Norrath. (As you know I am samurai and carry no such fear with me not after the many times Cazic has attempted to claim me as his own due to this damned Iksarian form I find myself in.) But, imagine my surprise when I woke from my meditations in the High Temple to find not only had Lord Vulak returned but set upon me with a fury I hadn't seen since I wrested the Sword of Truth from Lord Inquisitor Seru's mortally wounded hands.

I had to fight my way from the corruption that spread throughout the temple by doing battle with friends who first had opened their wings to me now were reduced to snarling beasts of myth. Obviously if you are reading this letter then you know that I wasn't to be contained or defeated as easily as my kin abandoning tactics and technique for pure savage brutality. I was able to slip past Lady Nev and snuck into the portal room to beat a hasty withdraw and relocated myself to Skyshrine where Lord Yelinak gave me respite from the long journey.

I have been studying these effects and their cause for quite some time now and while Norrath has been able to defend itself over the years I have been away, I have kept contact with some of my old comrades from the Brood. While i have refused on numerous occasions to return to my old life as a wanderer of Norrath and guardian of dragonkind. I have received many requests to abandon my studies and take up my katanas again...

I further refused.

However, I was informed recently by an old friend of mine, (of whom you may remember) that there have been some very interesting developments back within the walls of the Temple of Veeshan, most of the denizens have taken to gathering their hoards and piling them within their dens. While this is not entirely out of the ordinary for dragonkind to do. I was informed that two of my Emperor's katanas, stolen by Silverwing have appeared within their treasures. As another one was discovered being taken away by an undead dragon and taken to somewhere within Sul Vius.

So it is with this letter that I am to inform the gods and their servants, that I, Rithnok Tatsukao Flamespewer shall again take up arms to recover the holy relics of my Emperor Raioko Musashi. This letter when it reaches you, you may have heard rumours that I again walk the lands of Norrath. Rather than make you and your comrades wonder about the truth of this let me confirm it.

The Dragon Samurai of Test has returned, and no force on, or beyond Norrath will stop me from recovering the last of the Holy Katanas that were stolen from my temple in Kara-Tur. So warn those in the pantheon who have yet to cross my path. Those who aid me shall find my blades ever at their defense. Those who stand to hinder me...

Just remember, I'm the dragon who's still alive.

Sincerely,

Rithnok Tatsukao Flamespewer
    White Lotus Samurai of The 105th Rank
    The High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server
    Sancus, Jenarie, Prathun and 10 others like this.
  2. Your_Ad_Here Augur

??? Uh what?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

TLDR:

Level 105 (monk?) coming back to play on Test. Likes role playing. Likely Asian.
  4. oldandnasty Augur

If it's the Rithnok I remember he's a warrior. Heya Rith, remember Hammerbeard and Kindolura from GoH?
    Rithnok likes this.
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

Warrior makes more sense now that I think of it. Guess that would be more samurai like.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

That's Rithnok aka The Dragon. He's the best role player I've seen since Fansy The Bard who was more of a comedic troll than a legit RPer.
    gotwar likes this.
  7. Rithnok Apprentice

The dragon sat at his table in the Tink n' Babble in the rather run down east side of Cabilis when a note was passed to him as a coaster under his drink. He quirked an eye ridge at the strange way of passing a message but shrugged looking at it as he sipped away at the frothy drink.

He chuckled slightly as a pair of troopers hissed and started to stand up with hands on their Shan'Tok hilts staring at him. As he placed down his tankard he shot a quick steeled glare at the two. The kind of stare that seemed to pierce through reinforced resolve and burrow like a burynai into the very depths of one's soul. the two suddenly realizing they wouldn't get the drop on the midnight scaled creature sank back in their chairs as if their legs had all the strength sapped from them as they panted heavily, the thought striking them that they just dodged a ballista aimed at them.

Rithnok smiled to himself and looked back down to the note passed to him. Remembering days when a place such as this was not only dangerous to him. But downright deadly, now it seemed it had become his favourite place to frequent when travelling across Norrath. He gestured to the barmaid to refill his drink and he crossed five platinum upon his tabletop.

She knew him well, she had been here to clean him off the floor the first time he ever showed his snout in Cabilis. He smiled towards her as he sat back in the chair pondering the note as he waited for his refill... "Of course I remember you both. Forgetting the GoH would be like forgetting how to perform a cut. To forget them and my first home would be to forget the foundation that built the strength I have... I could never forget." He chuckled, "Khardan, Mysti, Yderf, Ervyn, Xisha, Saton Sheets Hammerbeard, Kindolura... All names that helped me survive in these lands..."

"Daydreaming again Lord Tatsukao?" The barmaid asked, he suddenly snapped his eyes back to her with a bit of a laugh... "No, not daydreaming. Just, Remembering"

White Lotus Samurai of the 105th Rank
    High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server
    gotwar, Minato, Kamiko and 4 others like this.
  8. Grove Augur

I hit "like", but I wish I could hit it a dozen times. This is the essence of EQ.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

His role play is better than the actual in game stuff from the last several years! I think he should write a book or some sort of fan fiction!
    Shaantara likes this.
  10. Enigma Maitreya Augur

A hooded figure walks past the table of The Dragon and stumbles a bit and lays a hand on the table to steady himself. He says pardon me, seems the drink is better than I remembered. Then continues on his way.

When Rithnok looks down he sees a scrap of paper were their had been none. He looks back up the the stranger was not to be seen.

He turns the paper over and begins to read, “I once told you she would betray you. We had a talk on the side of a creek, you “The one that can not be beaten in battle”, sat on the other side. As you began to gather your wits I tried to explain she would betray you that her fight was not for what you thought it was. *Shrug* that was then.

Now I give you this warning, All is not as it seems, and not all of the First Ones are gone.

He that has never lost a battle.
  11. Rithnok Apprentice

Rithnok shook his head as he looked at the note in his claws as he thanked the barmaid and made his way towards the door of the establishment. He smiled to himself as clawed hands lifted his helm over his head before pushing open the door and striding into the walkways of Cabilis.

'He who had never lost a battle' He mused to himself before rubbing his chin and clicking his teeth in a show of mirth. He had been called many things over his years travelling Norrath, "Traitor to the Iksarian Empire", "The Red Dragon", "The Samurai", even one of the pantheon's messengers had stuck a title to him that resounded for months, "The Fluffy Bunny" he suddenly burst out laughing at the memory of THAT story. He caught himself suddenly as laughter like that might get him too much attention in this city.

Rithnok pulled up his cloak a little higher as grey droplets began to fall from the heavens onto him, not that rain really bothered him, he was just being a little more cautious after the incident at the Temple. Better safe than a quasi-possessed minion of a dead Cazic-Thule. While the thought of it might seem a little paranoid to some of the seasoned warriors. Rithnok would ignore such ribbing from those friends...

It would seem the eyes of Lady Veeshan were upon him.

As the dragon pulled up the hood to his cloak his eyes noticed four distinct divots in the dirt just off the cobblestone path and behind a tent and the sound of pattering behind him a tad bit heavier than the rain falling upon the ground. 'Hrmm, claw marks and footsteps pacing my own.' he thought as he continued to move forward, wary of the potential threats around him. To stop moving at this point would tip off his would be assailants that he knew they were there.

This was Cabilis, a city where a body floating in the swampy waters of the canals was not something that got reported very often. If someone was targeted it would only take a few platinum coins to ensure the troopers were busy with other mundane things. Under the helm the dragon smiled. But he kept his hands away from his weapons.

There was a sudden scent of ozone in the air... 'Caster!' he suddenly thought, the sound of the footsteps behind him suddenly scraped loudly and then were gone. A flash of steel caught his eye as time slowed to a figurative crawl as his helm's eye sockets shimmered and the image of an Iksarian Shaman filled his view.

'Two seconds. First, leaping at my backside for leverage, will be going for my left shoulder at the neckline... committed. second, using a Shan'Tok and swinging for my shins, he wants to hamstring me with the hook of the blade... Committed. Third, Shaman, invisible more than likely casting a slow meant to keep me from retaliating... Irrelevant. All novices.'

As his mind was working this through, any passerby or witness would have seen the dragon samurai suddenly lift his right leg as he bent forward stomping his foot down on the flat of the Shan'Tok meant for his shins, trapping it under his ivory clawed foot as the Iksar who had leapt at him found no target to strike at. Having committed to the strike the lack of resistance twisted him upon himself as he crashed with full force into the bent over back of Rithnok slamming into some kind of solid plate under his cloak.

If he was surprised at that, imagine the trooper's surprise when Rithnok shot his hips up, sending the trooper tumbling through the air past him only to slam awkwardly into the shaman, interrupting his spell and sending both to the ground in a tangle of limbs and tails.

Rithnok twisted his foot simultaneously twisting the trapped blade from the hands of his third assailant. His hips twisting with a practiced motion snapping the final Iksar keen across the muzzle with the meat of his tail, a resounding "Crack!" like a bullwhip echoed in the quiet rainy street as the stunned lizard recovered and tried to come back with a snarling roar of anger, lightning flashed.

The winds, picking up in the storm fluttered the ends of his blood red cloak letting it billow like the gale flags upon the masts of the Hate's Fury. the Midnight Scaled Iksar stood over him, the cobalt steel of his legendary katana reflecting from the arc of lightning in the distance. A silver shard of Luclin's very rays it pointed from the samurai's armoured hand like a spear launched by Mithaniel Marr along the muzzle line of the Iksar below him caressing his jugular with a potentially lethal kiss. In that moment, those who observed the samurai would swear the could see the outline of Lady Veeshan around him. Fear sank into any who saw it.

"War... Baron... Eator..." The dragon spat each word, as he pulled the blade back sheathing it with such a speed and skill one would question if Rithnok had even drawn it in the first place. "How did I know you wouldn't miss a chance at taking my head regardless of what dishonourable methods you might employ?" He narrowed his serpentine eyes at the man below him. "You humiliated me..." he hissed back.

"No, you chose to see it like that. I only gave you a lesson in humility last time I was here and I warned you then, that if you ever tried to press me into service under your command again, I would end you. I stand as a friend to the people... Not, to the tyrants." He offered a clawed hand to the Iksar in the mud. The War Baron, one of the leaders of New Sebilis took his hand begrudgingly and stood up letting the rain slowly wash the filth from his scales. "Why are you here?" He snarled.

"You already know why I'm here, else you wouldn't have just tried to kill me." The dragon turned his back on the man as he looked through the rain at the other two, the shaman was busy trying to heal the dislocated shoulder of the trooper who tried to attack him from behind. "That scale bag you call 'kin'" Rithnok suddenly turned his armoured hand sailing through the air to stop short at the War Baron's face, "Yes... Lady Gorenaire. I have heard troubling news that she is... 'Relocating' her lair."

War Baron Eator's snout curled in anticipation of the strike that never arrived. "I wouldn't know anything about her whereabouts now... You want to know about that? Go talk to the Combine Invaders in the Dreadlands, they have an outpost they are building out of the grand wizard spires there." He stepped back and regained his composure and pointed towards the path leading to the Fields of Bone. "Get out of my city... If I see you here again I'l" "Don't finish that sentence War Baron. You don't want to be responsible for the deaths of every warrior in Cabilis. Remember, you struck me first all those years ago. I warned you then, and I warn you now. Do not force me to draw blood here. There aren't enough prayers in Norrath to forgive that sort of war."

Rithnok simply drew up his hood again, and started walking towards the Fields. Confident no one would try to take him on again. The Trooper and the Shaman would see to it that the rumors would start again. It wouldn't be long before Cabilis realized he wasn't a myth.

As he walked he took out the now torn note he had received from the mysterious stranger in the bar...

"One who has not been beaten..." he chuckled to himself as his tail swayed dangerously behind him, "Maybe NOW I can say something like that." He muttered before standing at the gates leading to the Fields of Bone he looked around and scratched absently at his head... "Now, how does one 'misplace' a seventy foot long dragoness in the Dreadlands? It's not like there's much else to see there."

High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server
    Gyurika Godofwar, gotwar and Minato like this.
  12. Minato Augur

...... we need you on the firiona vie server .....
    gotwar, Xall and Rithnok like this.
  13. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Ah, I miss RP in EQ. I tried multiple times to do such a thing, but it is long gone (as in EQ2). But good to see it in some form!
  14. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Standing in the shadows he waits for the event to occur. Reflecting back on a life that extends back to when the Dragon's created the First Ones to subdue Norrath for their plan. And a chuckle escapes, what fools they had been. How could they not have seen the hand of Prathun then. How often he wonders how does Prathun do this, change the nature of reality, creating a reality with new challenges to deal with.

Ah, here he comes and there is the pawn. He watches as Rithnok deals with Eator the Fool, like a Dragon with its favorite toy. Once again he reminisces and sees the youngest of the First Ones, head strong, always ready to rush in, trusting his skill with every weapon, knowing every move and all knew that Death walked with them, but then again they were all unique the Dragons had created them that way. He remembered how Rithnok had been bothered as he saw the rituals and sacrifices to the other First Ones. But none came to the Shrine of Death, none left tributes, none burned incense, none left sweat meats for him. No one really wants to meet Death. He never knew who the young woman was, the single exception, that never let a day go by that she did not keep the Shrine Clean and placed a bouquet of fresh flowers at his feet. Those shrines are now long gone, just crumbled rock no one remembers what they are.

Ah Eator the Fool has tested him for me, so he is true to his form, but there is rust still. He remembers the day at the creek when he tried to turn Rithnok from her war that was doomed, remembered that even mostly drugged how those eyes, the stare of death, had given him the worst headache he had ever had. No maybe now is not the time. He fingers a medallion, one that Rithnok had made for him when the world was new, when the Binder of Deamons won the day. Foolish was that archer to turn Death’s gift, The Bow that can not miss, upon its maker Rithnok. How funny it was to watch that face turn from Arrogance to horror as he realized his mistake. Well his passing was not missed, never did like him anyway. This brings a smile to his face. No this is not the time but it is also not the time to retreat to his house on the lake. Prathun what have you created this time. There will come the time Prathun when I understand how you do this, how to confront you. And a soft glow forms and when the shadow returns there is nothing there to hide.
  15. Rithnok Apprentice

Rithnok rubbed his eyes as the bright blue-white aura faded out around him revealing the lush trees surrounding the wizard spire in the green oasis hidden away from the eyes of the rest of the Dreadlands. The dragon smelled the fresh foliage as the crisp snowy air tickled at the very edges of his scales causing him to shiver just a bit. More in rememberance of Lady Gorenaire swatting him into a snow drift the first time he ever emerged from the yeti caves.

It was good to see this place hadn't changed much in his absence. Unlike the Western Wastes where snow wasn't just the weather, it was the food, the water, the spice and the icing on every pastry ever. He there was a paradise amongst the deep snows of the heights of the Dreadlands. He turned to the magus who bowed their head to the samurai in greetings.

"Good afternoon Lord Tatsukao, I hope the journey wasn't uncomfortable? I was informed that you may be heading this way from the Nexus. Is there anything I can help you with this day?" The Magus asked. Rithnok smirked as he placed his helm on his head. "I'm searching out Lady Gorenaire..." He said as he turned his midnight eyes on the Magus nearby. "Umm, well... Are you sure you don't want to look at the new city The Combine has cre..." Rithnok held up a clawed hand cutting the Magus off.

"Before you even ask... No, I don't care what the Combine is up to. My concern is the dragoness who has been chased from her lair. So if you don't mind... Point me toward the last person to see her. And quickly... I've already been set upon by Lord Vulak and War Baron Eator. So, please do not aggrivate my last nerve." He said calmly as he looked towards the great spires that stretched towards the skies. "Uh, Yes Lord Tatsukao... The last person to see Lady Gorenaire was Indagatrix Salus Acilia, and you'll find her near the entrance to the Scorched Woods..."

"Burning Woods?" He asked as if correcting the Magus' incorrect term for the burned lands... "Er, no Lord Tatsukao it's been named the Scorched Woods..." They said. The samurai just snapped his tail upon the ground, indicating his fustration. "Fine, where is it...?" He asked, "To the East sir." The magus pointed. without even replying the black scaled High Guardian turned and started walking. "Lord Tatsukao! Please take heed! These lands are extremely dangerous with the new residents that have taken up residence here!" The Magus warned the creature. Rithnok slowly turned his head regarding the wizard with a single eye, shooting a look that relayed the lethality of the man before them...

"Don't worry, I won't leave too many dead in my path for this offense to dragonkind. The Kromrif have already felt that sting."

High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Rithnok Apprentice

Rithnok stepped from the tunnel entrance leading from the green Oasis to the Burning Woods. The familiar scent of ash and sulphur punched him in the muzzle as he took his first breaths of the volcanic air. He chuckled brightly as he checked his weapons and shield as he started his way down the path towards the small camp of Combine soldiers found within these lands.

The skies dark clouds billowed like an angry smoker filling the confines of the lands with it's tar clinging to everything it drifted across this gave the barren waste a tinge of sickly brown. The very feel of the environment was sick and dangerous. Why an ice dragoness would come here only Veeshan would know. But if he was to guess it would be: "Who would look for a frost dragon in a land riddled with the cancer of fire, brimstone, and magma?"

As he took his first step forward a shooting pain pierced through his chest driving him to his knees like a Lance driver from a knight on horseback. He hissed in excruciating suffering as he grabbed at his chest. "Not now... Not now by Io's multicoloured scales..." he grit his teeth fighting through the feeling of his very soul being strained.

The samurai shook his head as the world began to become blurry, a young Human knight suddenly ran towards him saying something. Rithnok tried to look up at him but couldn't get this crushing weight off his shoulders. His eyes fell upon a large bastard sword on the man's hip glowing with celestial light getting stronger and stronger as he got weaker and weaker. "Damn you Prathun... Damn you Rashere... Why did you do this to me?" He whispered through gasping breaths before the darkness closed in upon him and everything went silent and left him with only his thoughts and the sight of a spider web of blue-white energy that he was trapped in.

"Damnit Gods, I know I am a dragon from outside the realms of Norrath. But why do you torture me? Why must I be the mystic source of 'Redemption'? Is it because of my want to protect everyone? Not just dragons but all those who can't defend themselves?" He screamed in silence as various strands of that web glowed brighter than others setting his soul aflame with the need of every paladin that called upon his power.

"I... can't keep this up for long. I have to find a way to recenter myself or risk having every paladin on Norrath lose their strength when they need it most. I... need to find something..."

"Free the ancients..." a voice echoed in the darkness. "Free the pain of the Ancients, dragon."

"Just who is that?" He asked no one as finally he felt the blanket of blackness envelope him and calm washed over him once again.

White Lotus Samurai of the 105th Rank
    High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server
    gotwar likes this.
  17. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Binder we have been keeping watch on him as you asked.

So, does this mean you have something to report?

He has traveled the lands of Norrath seeking the Lady Gorenaire.

Is he regaining his abilities?

Well …. He was tested and was unprepared for the attack, so technically no he isn’t fully recovered. We intervened once he lost consciousness.

WHAT YOU FOOLS, if he even begins to suspect I released your kind from the binding all will be undone. Do you think the First Ones die so easily? YOU the King of your kind should know we do not. Could you identify who the attack came from?

No but the followers did not think it was of Norrath. They claim it felt more akin to your kind than to anything else.

If I find you are lieing to me or withholding information I will bind you all gain, close the gates to hell and throw the damn key away this time. If any so much as looks at him wrong I will rip the fires of his spirit to shreds and there will be no returning for him.

We do not need to be reminded who you are and what you can do. We were on the field of battle that day we saw the world ending and tried desperately to get away. Many of us died that day. We remember all to well who you are. We made a deal, we have fought together as allies My people will honor the deal, anyone that does not, will face me and as you say, they will die the real death.

Fine, just …. Fine, let's keep to the plan. Remind them to keep the potion on them that mask your smell and to always stay invisible when around him. Remind them he created the formula for the potion that enabled us to see you.

Remember under pain of the real death, he is not to know they are there, YOUR very life depends on it. If he looks like he is being lead or simply going to the Place of Binding then I must be informed immediately.

Have your scouts found the Mother of the Glow yet?

Not yet.

Well then, tell them to look for any of her kind as well, I am certain we did not kill them all and I am sure I did not kill the Mother. Remember, remember indeed, how could he forget, it was then he had become so drunk with his power, that thousands were killed friend and foe alike, with total disregard. All would have been killed had Rithnok not sucker punched me. I owe him for that.

Let's go to the place he was attacked and let me see if I can find any traces of the energy, maybe I can narrow the list of usual suspects, if it is one of the First Ones. A sort of smile comes to his face and he almost mutters Marya let it be you, you slimy mind altering piece of orc dung, as he mounts his steed and follows the demon.
    gotwar likes this.
  18. Rithnok Apprentice

Darkness, rest, fleeting images of feasts of olde danced through Rithnok's throbbing head. His time working with Primal Brood celebrating conquests against dark forces seeking to topple the powers of Norrath. From attempting to free an ally chained to a rock, to the time he had his shield shattered by the world breaker Mata Muram, to finally crossing blades with Mayong Mistmoore.

The dragon goaned as slivers of silver brightness tore through the dark fabric of inky blackness that wrapped around his conciousness. The colour of the Scorched Woods bleeding into his vision as his eyes opened fully to break the silence and safety of his slumber. He groaned as he sat up and took a moment to gaze around his surroundings.

He sighed while rubbing at his head attempting to shake away the cobwebs of sleep... "It happened again." He muttered to himself, his tail slowly drifting beside the cot he found himself upon. Slowly he tossed back the furs that covered him.

Ever since his escape from the hands of Dirnel Cursebarer he found everytime he got near a paladin it felt like his soul was being sheered from his body. It was a surreal feeling, like there were two Rithnoks at the same time but only one conciousness. One body controlling his physical body the other controlling his sealed mystical powers from Kara-tur.

"Enough of that..." he said to himself as he rubbed at his eyes and focused in upon a group of people sitting and laughing as they sat around a campfire seeming to wait for their food to cook. He slowly stood up, recovering his strength and digging his claws into the ground as he found traction and moved towards the fire and clearing his throat.

He was greeted by a deep throaty growl. The samurai just stopped and turned his head to regard the creature who would dare snarl at him. Those obsidian orbs of his resting upon the form of a massive orange and black tiger that inched up towards him.

"Really?" He quirked an eye ridge at the beast. The massive cat suddenly perked it's ears and stared at the gloss black samurai and suddenly sat on it's hindquarters and set to grooming itself ignoring the scaled beast.

There was silence at the campfire.

Rithnok turned to face the occupants, eyes falling upon a single Vah Shir lady who just stared at him with eyes downcast and muzzle open in shocked amazement frozen in place pointing at him. He grined like a dragon about to play with his food.

"Greetings Lady Haniko... Surprised to see me out here?" He asked arrogantly.

"...Pants." she muttered without breaking form.

High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server
    Gyurika Godofwar and gotwar like this.
  19. Safyre New Member

Many, many years have gone by and this may not even be the adventurous one named Prathun and formerly Pratbons before that. The years cloud recollection but I can recount defending the Greater Faydark from Emporer Crush and Dagnar's Cauldron from the evil of the Estate. Our allies, Endaar, Fizbon, Jilseponie, Lestan and the many others who became our guildbrothers, made it through Kedge, fought against Innoruuk and the Avatar of Fear.

We took down the undead dragon of Sebilis as well as many of the dragons of the wilds of Kunark. If you remember, my task was to scout ahead, follow them and betray them at the signal for attack. I was their dearest friend and their strongest enemy in those times. I received Swiftwind though was never able to gain a further hold on its twin through the ruins of Karnor.

I remember the wonderful adventures of frozen shadows and frozen orcs, how even the giants of the tundra fell before our might. Once passed the labyrinth and through the necropolis, we even survived Veeshan's pride.

Then there was Luclin. From the eerie halls of Akheva to the temple in the gray airless void. We left our mark where we could see it in the sky over Norrath.

If I remember correctly, it was during our adventures of plane traveling that we began to drift apart. Some left Norrath completely, some retired and others stayed, not yet finished making their mark.

If this Prathun is the same of old that I remember, the same that adventured with heroes of The Valorous, know I have not forgotten. I will never forget. Those were wondrous times. The times of the flying bone forks in Guk. Well, I won't mention too much about that to save a fellow ranger some dignity, though it was a good laugh for us all.

Maybe our paths will cross again. I have returned to Norrath on occasions.

Safyre Whysperwind
    Woodland Warrior of the Mother of All
    Ranger of The Valorous
    Gyurika Godofwar and Prathun like this.
  20. Rithnok Apprentice

The dragon's voice echoed in a laugh as he stepped from one of the tents gathered around the campfire like the points of some eldritch circle of power. Taking great care to ensure he wasn't indecent anymore he knelt down sitting upon his heels in the traditional seza position of his samurai brethren. He turned his mirthful gaze upon the ranger as he looked to the blades on his hip.

"Funny you should mention the Prince of Hate in my company. Especially mentioning Lord Prathun in the same voice." He smiled and got comfortable, removing one of his semi curved blades and laying it upon the ground before him.

"You see, many years ago Lord Prathun sought out the assistance of myself and a mutual friend Clearsight... He was a ranger much like yourself and we were plucked suddenly from Antonica and dropped within the confines of a much different realm of Hate than we know today or even at first." He said as he began the story, rubbing his hands and holding them out to the warming glow of the campfire before smiling and continuing.

"He told us that he needed us for a scouting mission as no one knew about the secondary confines of hate that held the very seat of power for the plane. See at the time I could understand the reason for my ranger friend. But not for me... I am a samurai, stealth is not quiiiite my fortè." He said with a chuckle as he dragged a single ivory claw over the sheathed blade in front of him.

He looked to the night sky a smiled as if remembering a humourous event before looking back to those around the campfire. "'Rithnok' he said to me. 'I need you to create a distraction, something to get everyone's attention and draw them away from the throne.' I looked at him with a bit of shock... 'Even Innoruk?' I asked, 'Yeah even Innoruk' he told me." The dragon flexed his hands and the sound of the leather tightening under his gauntlets could be heard as he laughed.

"So, I remember grinning so wide that I think I hurt my jaws. But, I was ready to make the biggest noise possible. Before Prathun and Clearsight could formulate a plan I tossed back a Cloudy Potion and all anyone could hear was my high pitched giggle and claws fading away in the distance." Looking down at the ground the dragon rubbed the back of his neck.

"Soooo I'm the reason The Maestro of Rancor got a brand new pipe organ." He grinned toothily as he picked up the katana in front of him and looked it over as he spoke. "One thing no one ever questions is the physical strength of those who stand in the way of the powers used to harm." He chuckled. "Just imagine the look on the Maestro's face as his organ was torn from its place on the floor. Lifted by the fading in image of this scaly snout. Then imagine what kind of noise it makes when I dropped the whole organ on the poor bugger." He chuckled brightly.

"I say 'Image it' because I didn't stick around to see it. I literally called down a Cacophony of Hate on top of me as every single denizen's ears were assaulted by the off key sound of me wrecking that infernal organ and running out of the dark cathedral giggling like an idiot." He smiled.

"As for Prathun and Clearsight? They were able to see and record every individual soul that inhabited that place as I ran all over Hell's half acre flat siding and clubbing everyone who WASN'T paying attention to me." He carressed the sheathed weapon. "I'm told it was one of the most impressive displays of pure distilled hatred for one creature that they've ever seen. The two of them were able to observe and disappear without ever being noticed. And even I made it out after funneling my persuers back into the cathedral and jumping through a window. Fastest potion of translocation I'VE ever drank." The dragon laughed brightly. "I'm sure even to this day The Maestro still wants to get his claws on me to do "Things that every bard on Norrath will shiver knowing what he did to me." The dragon scratched at his chin. "Perhaps... perhaps I'll go visit again soon." He mused brightly.

High Guardian of Veeshan
    Primal Brood
    Test Server