A functional ROS spell line up for level 108 Clerics

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Narogg, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Metanis Bad Company

To the OP, change out one of those Interventions for a Promised Renewal or Promised Remedy. Then put in a GINA or AT for when it wears off so that you always keep it on the MT. That's a big heal dropping in every 18 seconds for almost zero mana cost. Make sure your tank isn't blocking it. It's amazing how many times that spell will fire just in time to save the day when you've got mobs interrupting you and casting is difficult.

I use GINA and trigger on the text "Your Promised R" and then I have it use text to speech to say "Your promised renewal" so there is no mistake that it's time to re-cast the spell.

I use GINA triggers for a lot of things wearing off or firing, like DI, Anticipated Intercession, Divine Guardian, Ward of Surety, Yaulp, spell fizzles, spell interruptions, spell resists, you've fallen down, your levi is wearing off, your invis is wearing off, etc. so that it reminds me to recast these as soon as possible.
  2. Brohg Augur

Not actually previously updated, but whatever! Problem solved!
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Pano Augur

A slightly better way to do it would be:

Code:
    Your Promised.*spell has worn off of {S}.

So you can use the {S} to call on whom it faded. Not that useful in a group scenario, but can be semi-useful on raid if you swap targets a lot
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

\w+ , not .*
    and the end of the line should be \.$

Code:
    ^Your Promised Re\w+ spell has worn off of {s}\.$
  5. Pano Augur

.* just matches any character in between except line breaks while \w+ will match ASCII. In this case, it is the same thing but with less characters. The dot at the end shouldn't have been there, as it was the end of a sentence and I forgot to remove it after adding the code tags.
  6. Brohg Augur

With these searches, the higher the specificity the better
  7. Brohg Augur

Time to try again!

8. Talonthalis Elder

I agree with Metanis: use GINA to help determine what is working - like the color coded healer window and other audio triggers. If you want to tackle tough content like Sathir's Tomb you're going to be healing a lot if your 108 and below. I've never raided and I was healing my group there at 103 with a great keybind:

1. Merciful Remedy
    2. Spiritual Remedy
    3. Undying Life
    4. Merciful Intervention
    5. Mystical Intervention

Now I know I had a gap at that time too so another remedy may have helped. Also, Promised and the one HOT Elixer that we have (Issuance too? if you have time) will keep you from getting in the weeds early. Keep Shining up on the tank and Divine Guardian as well. Then when you do have issues, use your healing AA's during your global cool-down to supplement support and stay ahead of the game. A smart poster once told me (Thanks Gundolin!): ABC - Always Be Casting.

Still want to do more direct damage? It may be more beneficial to your tank if you invite a wizard to the group.

Just my two cents. I hope this helps!
    Gundolin likes this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Yep, it always comes back to this.
  10. Brohg Augur

If y'all's hypothetical wizard had the ability to do whatever their job is (in the wizard's case that would be dealing whatever wizardy damage is) and also do 40k dps more at the same time, they would be a super crappy, slacking player for not trying to do that. That's what we're talking about : doing whatever the job is (for clerics that's healing off mob damage) and either doing nothing else, or, by playing a bit harder / a bit differently, get the job done AND add 40k dps to the group.
  11. mmats Augur

Seriously. Imagine a wizard deciding to skip an ethereal every rotation of his spell weave because "its only 40k dps".
  12. Brohg Augur

40k dps is not nearly so trivial for a cleric. One can object to dismissing the value of the result, I think, without being disingenuous about the methods. In the wizard analogy, they would have to already be working their spell bar at full pace, but then have to thoroughly change up spells and gears and targeting - their whole playstyle, to then go 40k dps HIGHER. We're not talking about players that literally sit on their thumbs rather than play.
  13. Gnomeland Augur

You realize, a level 108 could be fighting in Empires of Kunark, rather than Ring of Scale?

In fact, that's very common to see. Most people don't experience in Ring of Scale unless they're well on their way to completing the expansion; Empires of Kunark is where the majority of experience groups still live.
  14. Jetslam Augur

I think there's a tradeoff there. If it's a slow casual group and you don't need more heals, then DPSing is probably the way to go. If you've got a solid group and you focus 100%on healing which allows the tank to tank more and the DPS can AOE, then that 40k cleric dps may be slower xp rate than the additonal damage put out by riposte/aoe/downtime reduction.
  15. Brohg Augur

Total single target healing of cleric in dps mode is super high. The chain Remedy tactic which you're probably describing with the "100% on healing" is heavily favored in a raid setting because it keeps the tank topped in hp between individual heavy hitting melee rounds from a single target (melee rounds from a slowed mob are almost exactly 2s apart. Ideal Remedies land every 2s. Remedies won't be ideal, and sometimes you need two anyhow depending on crits, so have a second cle.), and doesn't require potentially laggy target swaps, but those aren't considerations when fighting multiple mobs in a group setting. No gaps to jump into, and no necessity for being full hp versus every melee round which you can't really separate anyway. There's just healing-per-second versus combined damage-per-second of the mobs. Twinned (from Judgement) gigantic Intras & Contras are pretty great for that. They're a lil' further apart than Remedies, 3sec not 2sec, but you can be pretty confident they'll refill even the deepest hp pools.