A functional ROS spell line up for level 108 Clerics

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Narogg, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Narogg Augur

Ok lets face it, the tank your healing at level 108 is dying fast. Faster then your casting.

Here is how I fixed this issue, it probably not optimal but it works for me.

Cycle these 5 when healing the Tank in a group
    Slot 1 Spiritual Remedy
    Slot 2 Mystical Intervention
    Slot 3 Merciful Remedy ( New 106 Spell)
    Slot 4 Merciful Intervention ( New 108 Spell)
    Slot 5 Promised Remedy ( New 108 Spell)

Oh buttons when your group is dying like mad men
    Slot 6 Undying Life
    Slot 7 Syllable of Mending ( New 108 Spell)

Clerics don't get the new Cure till level 109. this means that you REALLY have to work to keep the tank cured. Radiant Cure and Purify Soul are your friends at this level.
    My rule - Don't heal at all till they are cured.
    ROS is very technical and many of the dots will hurt the tank if heals are applied with the dot on.

Tank Buffs.
    Slot 8 Assurance ( new 107 Spell)

Cycle as these fade
    Slot 9 Greater Guard of Vie ( New 108 Spell )
    Slot 10 Shing Bulwark
    Slot 11 Divine Imposition ( new 107 Spell )
    Slot 12 Merciful Elixir ( New 107 Spell - see note)
    One thing to note:
    Merciful Elixir should not be used if you have a shaman in the group.
  2. Arraden Augur

From my perspective, that's an awkward spell line-up for any group, with heals that are redundant for a group environment - where's your DPS?
    But more importantly... if your tank is "Dying faster than you can cast"... use your quick heals on a key bind and win EQ.

Here's mine - simple

Undying
    Remedy
    Remedy
    Remedy
    Syllable
    Word (either but usually cure)
    Contravention (Because it's unresistable nuke / heal) (Intervention is not good as it's resist rate isn't good)
    Undead nuke (yay for Howling stones)
    Chroma nuke
    Normal nuke
    Buff slot (swop out depending but normally vie of bulwark)
    Mark
    Open slot (have been using new group healing proc)

All additional functional items at your disposal for dealing with tricky situations.
    Burst of life
    Beacon of life
    Radiant cure
    Purify soul
    Group purify soul
    Div Arb
    Epic 2.0
    EoK chest click
    Small manisi branch
    Celestial remedy
    Focussed celestial remedy
    Talonthalis and Metanis like this.
  3. Narogg Augur

Big difference in healing a tank in Raid Gear who is grouping for levels/exp and a tank who is group geared in gear that's a mix of lucky drops from the past 3 expansions. Some of our tanks are still at 4100 AC. 160k HP. I can't even solo heal them. I have to have a merc or a shammy help.

We play totally different games Arraden. I do not have time to dps. My tanks are dying that fast.The spells are chosen so that i can keep 1 target ( the tank ) and key bind the first 5 spells.I don't have time to target the mob to cast contravention then target the tank then cast remedy.

And i invite a dps class to the group to get dps... cause im busy as hell healing.
  4. Gundolin Augur

I think if you are still 108 running three remedies in your multi bind will burn through your mana too fast. It will depend on gear of course.

For grouping I'm using

Remedy
    Remedy
    Undying
    Intervention
    Intervention
    Syllable
    Greater Word (cure)
    Judgment (normal nuke)
    Contra
    Contra
    DI
    Utility
    Utility

If I have to heal a lot then I'll drop an intervention for an added Remedy maybe but most groups I can just wrap Judgement>Intervention>Intervention>Judgement>Contra>Contra and mix in Remedies, Undying and group heals as needed. My DPS is still usually worthless but its fun.
    Talonthalis and Arraden like this.
  5. Arraden Augur

That's a fun spell bind, Gundolin! more DPS!

Narogg, I solo heal my warrior alt who has pitiful amount of AAs, TBM group gear, and of which, I am not skilled - literally no idea what I'm doing, particularly with defensives.
    I don't have problems unless I train myself.
    I'm still progressing alts through TDS and TBM! so no, we don't play different games. I play with raid tanks and feel blessed to not have to heal them, but I'm also constantly frustrated by my alt warrior.

Hence the loadout was a group one... for raid tanks, I only have two remedies and two group heals loaded. The rest is to max DPS!
    A remedy heal is 40 - 75k heal every few seconds. in group content, getting quad hit for 80k is plentifully covered, and then you can patch with AA abilities for those oh crap moments.
  6. mmats Augur

Quick note, contra nuke isnt unresistable, its -15 Magic rank 2
  7. Brohg Augur

Contravention is not unresistable, it's Magic-10/15/20
    Intervention was changed during RoS development, all levels, from Prismatic to Physical-10

Repudiate Undead is terrible, it's a smaller nuke than Inter/Contra and includes no healing.

so's Chromaburst, so's Sanction. both are slow and not big

If you'd like to mix in damages (and I'm a Big Fan of that inclination), what you should be going for is a rotation of Unyielding+Glorious Judgements to twin Merciful+Mystical+Virtuous Interventions (whenever you twinheal, you twin their nukes) and Merciful+Ardent+Virtuous Contraventions (the nuke part won't twin from Judgement, but they're your actual best base nuke and the heal part will twin). Judge+inter+inter, Judge+inter+contra, Judge+contra+contra.
    Arraden likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I only play a cleric alt, but one thing I noticed in the OP is a 5 spell lineup. I'm working on changing mine as I notice gaps with a 5 spell lineup where everything is on cooldown.
  9. Brohg Augur

There are no gaps in a Merciful-Spiritual-Graceful Remedy cycle.
  10. Arraden Augur

My mistake! The overall spell is unresistable, but I know can see the strike has resist check - I've never had it resist.

Are you crazy... the 120k decrease that can crit for 800k+...

[/quote]

That is a very interesting line up!! Will try it, thanks!
  11. Arraden Augur

Ok so I did a quick comparison... (Haven't parsed yet)
    but I'm not so convinced... what's your experience / how do you use the, to give max DPS and healing?

Looking at cast / refresh time vs hit vs mana
    Repudiate comes out the best DPS for undead at 2135.7
    Sanction comes out the best DPS for normal targets (and is second for undead) at 1526.9 DPS
    Merciful intervention comes out at 525.8 DPS (refresh time is 20s)
    Merciful contravention comes out at 665.0 DPS (refresh time is 20s)

Does mixing two interventions plus some extras still give higher DPS rate?
    In the cast time and refresh time of intervention, I could have cast three Sanctions.

The heal part would be missing though...
  12. Brohg Augur

There's a bunch of spell gems to play with, for cle. Refresh on any given spell isn't significant as long as you spend the down time casting other worthy spells (definitely do that). So cast time matters, damage matters. Using Judgments (good nukes on their own, 0.8sec cast!) doubles the damage of Interventions.
  13. Arraden Augur

I did not know that!!

doubles the nuke for the heal?? That's interesting
  14. Kamor Lorekeeper

Assuming those are the real stats... those tanks have no business being in current content. Those are TBM group gear stats. I get friends/family guild environments, but save your sanity, and go back to appropriate content. Getting max hit every round by trash mobs, let alone named isn't fun for anyone.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Good news then. (I've been lazy and haven't bought new spells yet, still 105 spells)
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Your tanks need to stop being bad tanks. There is only so much you can do as a healer. Keeping a tank alive is a multiple person job. You need solid healing for sure, but you also need the tank to do their part, and potentially others to assist as well (alliance, wild growth, ect).

If the tank is rocking the same HP's as my TBM geared cleric, well, there's not alot of buffer there to work with. Tell em to hit fort and let the next tank in the line up know when it's about to fade.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

With 105 spells and AA (AA meaning the Hastened Renewal AA on the Focus tab, and the first five ranks of Improved Intervention), a multibind with Spiritual & Graceful Remedy followed by any mix of three Interventions or Renewals will also be a cycle without gaps.

It will cast Remedy Remedy <something1> Remedy Remedy <something2> Remedy Remedy <something3>, then repeat.

Renewals don't have the risk of pulling random mobs that your target it targeting, or of breaking mezzes.
    Syllable has the same adjusted cast time as Renewals, consider that substitution as appropriate.
    Interventions are faster (a.k.a. better) than those.

Only lv96+ direct heals will fire another priest's Alliance buff on your heal-ee, so going to the third Intervention at level 93 isn't recommended.

If you get one of the "disc" spell hastes going (Celestial Rapidity, Quick Time, or Imperator's Charge), then this sort of cycle will need a fourth spell after the remedies to retain the no-gaps quality. Consider Promised heal for that spot, it casts very fast so it will interrupt your main cycle least. It's an infinitely more legit option since the introduction of Promised Interposition AA.

A multibind like this still has some value in the RoS era as it incorporates the larger base heals, crits on which can function as catch-ups against large hp pools, when you're solo healing and for whatever reason already blew through the rescues (Divine Guardian, Divine Interposition) and your actual good catch-ups (Merciful Shield, Ward of Assurance, Divine Balance, Divine Arbitration).

But really, just buy Merciful Remedy.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes, mighty big difference - i can tell as i have both a raid geared and group geared tanks.
    Yet, no tank EVER should have the mix of gear across the last 3 expansions that you have mentioned!
    That is a sign of slackness to me.
    Do all of you a favor then and take him back to EoK to fill up the slots he's missing.
    And of course never neglect the augments - they are so important for the group geared tanks!
    ANY time spent farming those (or currency for TBM gear at LEAST - no tank should EVER wear TDS anymore) is time well spent!

AB is down so i cannot even try to compare these figures to my group geared chars.
    But these figures and gear in general are only half the truth.
    Just as important is whether that group geared tank uses a shield or dual (if WAR) and, most importantly, how he spent his AAs.
    And finally, how "liberal" he is on his use of defensives - as a group geared tank, there should always be something running, no holding back - and in a pinch tanks can still stack their defensives.

Definitely. Plus, Felrynn above is more a wizard-in-training that a cleric ;)
    Yet, if your tank uses, for example, flash when it is up (and communicates its use) that would give you time for that DD to get that 3-tick heal boost. With that heal boost, you can remedy-heal a raid tank from 20 to full - without it, not. I try to keep it up on my CLR, always, to mae remedy-healing feasible.
    So it's worth it to take a look at your group's toolboxes and expand beyond your own individual class.

Yeah...
    Unless we are talking undeads, cleric DPs is neglectible anyways, but it's part of the "fun" - for my CLR ALT and, i would guess, even moreso for any main CLR.

Your problem goes beyond your spell-use and keybinds and such - it seems to be, as you describe it, with your tank mostly.
    (adequately geared group tanks can do a LOT)
    The best advice i can give is to gear up that tank, in a concerted effort perhaps.
    In "old" content - namely EoK T2.
    Perhaps review that tank's choice of Type5 augments too, optimize them.
    Camp the best shield AC aug you can (the one from T1 - zakja i think? - is relatively easy to get and "good enough" for starters) and then go on with camping the 45AC augs in EoK for him, but do not forget the token of the waveswept from TDS and the similar one from TBM - just like you as a caster should have your augment from the Drillmaster for example.

RoS is a major step up from EoK in terms of mob DPS (especially when combined with DoTs, similar to how TSS snakes were HARD for their level), so taking a step bck out of it for a little while might enable you to take two steps forward again that much sooner!
  19. Arraden Augur

Clerics are warrior / wizard hybrid class!! Everyone knows that OMG!! :D
  20. Brohg Augur

Hrm. Had a chance to just be clericking around a bit today without boxes - and this part I quoted ain't wrong. I think now that "physical" resist is an oversight/bug. I THOUGHT from beta discussion those were moving from Prismatic (which had probs, too, most especially the prob of not being focusable with regular gear) to regular Magic. Physical still isn't focusable AND is widely resisted - possibly unless mobs are Crippled? Beta discussion went away last week, though, so I can't look at what was said. Will have to PM …Dzarn? Aristo? who was on spells? about it I guess.
    Arraden likes this.