8 Ways to Look Like a New You!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 13, 2015.

1. kuuleo Journeyman

I disagree with making Arx Mentis raid only, leave out the people that don't have time to raid or don't wanna leave their guild to go to a raiding guild and im not gonna want to spend 45million plat to get half a set of this, it isn't filtering out the ornaments to people its letting the huge big time raiders get the cool stuff and making the people that cant raid waste all their plat on something that gives no benefit except to look cool
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. kuuleo Journeyman

I wouldn't mind to partisan and merc tasks in arx mentis to get or hunter achiv
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Quirel New Member

So from reading most of these posts I get the impression that the Devs should just give everyone the Heroic Armor options without actually working for them? I understand that a lot of players are not "Raiders" per say... but I remember when Heroic armor was first introduced the Bloodforged set was only available from Raid Vendors in VoA... but look now everyone can own it from the Station Store... given time I'm pretty sure all of the new heroic's will be available in the Store at some future date... but remember the name of the game is "EverQuest"... hence having to do stuff to get stuff you want and not being handed stuff everytime new stuff comes out..
    Muuadib likes this.
  4. Sostenes Augur

I'd say something, but I aint gonna o_O

Cause:
    - I don't raid
    - I don't care how good my toon may look with this new plant ornament, it wont help me get past Thuliasaur Island (where I am currently stuck on as I cant find a group to do final mission with)
    - If I were to raid, the last thing I'd spend raid currency on would be ornaments
    - If I bought krono, the last thing that I would do with them would be to trade for ornaments
    - Every other previous coveted ornament is now a dime a dozen, I'll just wait.

Thanks anyway!
    Sostenes
    Muuadib and Lisandra like this.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The only plate ornaments I could bring myself to wear was the Dark Elf set, because it's also the only plate that doesn't look glossy. Otherwise, I'd be a plate class running around in chain appearance or no Hero's Forge at all. I see the vats of lacquer have returned...

Ahh, but then the Arx ornaments are nearly unobtainable anyway. Only for raiders (which I am), only for currency (which I'm not willing to spend), and at a silly price. I liked that you had to quest for the Sol`Dal set, and that there is questing for the Thuliasaur set. I really don't want these things just handed to me, but Arx raid currency is a bit of an extreme opposite.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. segap Augur

The Arx ornaments should have just been the default look for the raid armor. Give raid armor a distinct look to set it apart without charging some insane price.

Now for the looks... is there ever going to be be a set that does not have gigantic shoulder pads and things sticking out of the knees? Robes without a big puffy flap on the back or overly padded? Can we get something that actually looks like it belongs in this genre of a game? My casters don't want to wear a snuggie. My mele don't want to look like a woman from the '80s with huge shoulder pads. And my rogue would like something more shadowey, not bright colors or glossy.
    Muuadib and Lisandra like this.
  7. Xorn New Member

Arx ornaments being raid currency only purchase still doesn't make sense, I am in a higher end raiding guild and have a few Arx coinage...It will be forever before I am full geared and have extra to part with....I know your saying once we have the "extra" currency to purchase these we can sell them, that will just push the rates higher.

Coming out with a "new look" that most wont use for months from now?? Come on man... Make it a rare drop or make it high fail rate on crafting, atleast you will get SC purchases for craftsman potions. Selling the armor sets on SC would've made more sense IMHO.

I have a feeling that this thread will be slammed with complaints, I hope your listen to the people your game is suppose to be for?

Xorn, Monk, The Rathe.
    Lisandra and Sycarie like this.
  8. Deloehne Augur

I saw the cost at 250 coin. What's the source?
  9. Aghinem Augur

I think it would be more ideal to make the new ornaments simply uncommon to rare drops as an alternative to making the purchase with raid currency; it gives all people ( raiders & non-raiders) a fair chance then to get a piece.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree with most of the above. It seems to show a "disconnect" between "somebody upstairs" and our actual game.
    1) No raiding guild would want it's members blowing DKP on silly ornaments with no stats.
    The only work-around would be to /random 1000 the stuff if it drops.
    2) If it's a cash grab for Krono - you'd make more money selling it for Station Cash.
    The very raiders that would see these drops - have no real need for Plat. (There's nothing thy can really buy.)

Somebody should actually know this about their own game..... (sigh)
    -Rat
    PS: Like I said before, making all special illusion and mount rewards that are over 2 expansions old available for SC would be a much better way to make money.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. guado Augur

Kapola Leaves exist to drive up Draught of the Craftsman sales. I disapprove.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

Good grief!
    Does somebody upstairs actually believe this twaddle???
    -R
    Silv and Lisandra like this.
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

The Thaell armor set looks pretty nice, but as Iila says, it gets tiring lugging around entire armor ornament sets to where getting another set is boring. But for Arx set, I see several methods of implementation and only one particular reason why it was put in the way it was:

1) Make it like Thaell armor, questable. Subscribed players have access to it as long as they can get to Arx Mentis. A time waster, but ultimately doesn't give much profit because it would take several pieces to equate to trading for a Krono, since availability is there for practically anyone who progresses. Thaell armor will likely be the "poor man's" armor ornamentation for TDS.

2) Make it drop only, like the Dark Elf ornamentation. It'll have decent value among players, but it will still be worth maybe a few hundred thousand platinum at best per piece.

3) Sell it for Station Cash. Too high, not enough players will buy and too low, not enough profit made, even if it's available to everyone. Many people just don't care to open the market to even look.

4) Make it available for raiders only, for high currency cost, and yet tradable. This makes it incredibly rare, take a long time to earn, and as such, cements its value for several Krono each. Highest potential profit yield, always available as long as raiders continue raiding and earning currency.

Welcome to the F2P model.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Restac Journeyman

how about adding an appearance tab. Whatever armor piece we put in there would be for looks only. It would open up a ton more looks since we could use existing dropped armors for their looks as well. There's some neat looking pieces out there but the stats rather suck at high lvl. This way we could still keep the look of it but have the stats of our better gear.
    Muuadib likes this.
  15. Sostenes Augur

Person 1: Hey! I just got a full set of Arx Mentis Plate Ornaments
    Person 2: That's awesome! Do they give any stats?
    Person 1: No
    Person 2: Can they be crafted with my maxed out tradeskills?
    Person 2: Can I get some by random drop?
    Person 2: How long did it take you to complete?
    Person 1: About 8 to 10 months of heavy raiding, plus I bought 10 kronos to exchange them for a wrist.
    Person 2: That's cool, well, I'm gonna go watch the grass grow, ttyl

The End
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Nickster86 Elder

/ooc Grass is camped
    Grove, Diptera and Lisandra like this.
  17. Maedhros High King

I am already thinking of creative ways to punish people that buy this stuff before they have a full set of TDS armor. Rogues in casters groups? Warriors in a group with all necros? Wizards in tank groups?
    Should be fun.
    Zentara and Lisandra like this.
  18. Kunon Augur

Right there with you, but I'm not very creative. Looks like I'm leaning towards pushing a much harsher policy. People who buy this stuff before being fully geared will ride the bench and have a DKP deduction equal to the going rate of all the slots they still have missing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Iila Augur

Now charging extra kronos per an Arx ornament, for officer bribes.
  20. Dealyfury New Member

Man you guys are harsh, Everquest is a game of socializing, and just because people enjoy this game so much that they play it to the high end degree, you want to take away the social fun that EVERYONE starting playing this game for back in 1999, shame on all you peeps that are getting jealous or angry, the high end raiders need gear as well, and there is PLENTY of content for the casual gamer.

I came back into EQ after leaving around LDoN, and there is SO much content that you can enjoy, so be thankful this game is still around, kicking and getting new content after 15 years!
    Genoane and Muuadib like this.