7-11 Double Station Cash Exclusive 4/27 – 4/28!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Stock Up Now!

Buy a SOE Pre-Paid Card at 7-Eleven and redeem it for Station Cash this weekend only to get Double SC!

Offer valid on redemptions from 12:01AM PDT April 27, 2013 to 11:59PM PDT April 28, 2013. Cards can be purchased in advance but must be purchased at 7-Eleven stores in the US.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

7-11 Double Station Cash Exclusive 4/27 – 4/48!

48? I assume you mean 28
  3. Zenedia New Member

This month seems to be dragging on FOREVER!
  4. Hawklight Yandli Elder

these deals never come to 7/11s in Canada
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

Indeed we did. Sorry about that! It has been updated.
  6. Geroblue Augur

No 7-11 Stores within 400 miles of me. I'll continue to go to Wal-Mart.
  7. Leerah Augur

Walmart is evil! Go to GameStop! (EB for you Canadians.)
  8. Leerah Augur

Did they check under the counter? I had to ask 4 people once at Walmart (I was desperate) to find out that they were under the CS counter.
  9. TD77 New Member

I literally called their corporate offices, Leerah. They had no knowledge of SOE cards of any type. The only thing they have for sale in any of their stores or online with Sony's name attached in ANY manner, are the playstation network cards. I just don't understand why they would want to have a sale that no one could take advantage of. It makes no sense (unless they bought up a ton of old cards when 7/11 maybe quit selling them, and sold them to employee's at a huge discount??) ...It makes it look like they are offering sales more often, but you'd think enough folks going to their 7/11 stores and being let down, would generate more feedback. I don't get it.
  10. TD77 New Member

There are 2 types of 7/11 stores as well. There are corporate owned stores and individual franchises. I called both types of stores (and though I limited my called to stores in three states, I called at LEAST a dozen total stores). I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making unfounded claims, and the fact that Sony "blew me off", rather than answering my questions, reaffirmed my believe that they are playing more games with us.
  11. Leerah Augur

How about Free Realms cards?
  12. TD77 New Member

nope....not on the online store...click the link I placed a post or two up for 7/11 online. You can see what they have for sale.
  13. Notinterested Augur

Wait wait wait... You say wal mart is evil (Cant disagree with that) then suggest people use a company with the absolute worst policies and tactics towards consumers on the planet? Wal mart is evil because of how they treat employees, Gamestop is evil for the crap it pulls on its customers.

Lying about launch dates on preorders, "losing" preorders (AKA selling your preorder to themselves and friends), Selling used games as new, Selling broken and RROD "amateur fixed" machines with a whopping 30 day warranty, forcing people to buy a preorder to buy the game they really want, hiding games to create the appearance of barely having any to coax people into preordering the "next" game but worst of all the crap they pull with their used game purchase pricing...

Go to the consumerist and search gamestop, they are a truly evil company.

When you sell anything to gamestop GET A BREAKDOWN item by item of what they are giving you. They will literally give you a dollar or less on some items and people just do it because they simply dont know. Memory cards, controllers, etc. along with many games will net you a big whopping buck. They get away with it because so many people come in with a sackful of games etc. and they are told a lump amount for all of it, get an item by item breakdown and you will be disgusted.

Also if you insist on buying from there inspect the disc, even on new games. The employees are allowed to borrow games and they borrow the new ones as well.
  14. Leerah Augur

I had no idea! I buy only game cards there.
  15. TD77 New Member

wow....sounds hauntingly familiar, in certain aspects, doesn't it?
  16. Shregg New Member

This thread is so full of anger and negative posts, and assurances that this promotion is impossible and illegal, I just wanted to toss in my experience.

I read about this yesterday, "confirmed" that 7-11 does not carry these cards by website and phone as above, but decided to try one in my area anyway. I found one about 20 miles from me, it appeared to be a franchise store for what it's worth. I walked in and went to their gaming card section, found the exact pictured cards from the announcement and bought 2. This morning I entered the codes in and got double SC as expected.

So there you go. :)
    TD77 likes this.
  17. TD77 New Member

Thank you Shregg. May I ask what state you live in? I wont ask you for anything more specific (unless you can give me the phone number to the store). If they do indeed sell them in some portions of the country and not the other, i'd like to find out why their main offices don't even know about this. I promise if you give me the number to the store, I'll do everything in my power to research this situation, as well as find out WHY even THEY don't know where/what they sell, and remove my heated posts.

My anger goes deeper than just this incident where SOE is concerned, but is well founded (I wont bore you with the very long and complex details....but I have been wronged by them before, and even with concrete evidence to back my situation....evidence THEY provided...their arrogance and procedure's still cost me my old account, due to their incompetence and unwillingness to allow logic and truth to repair the wrong done to me...so after having dealt with their injustice in the past...as well as hearing other tales from other players, I'm sure extra "angst" comes out in my frustrations with them.

All that being said, I still won't use the other wrongs to continue to chastise them for a perceived injustice, so I ask for the means to rectify this situation. It's still a messed up deal, when I call stores in three states (both franchises and "company" stores) and don't find them....then call their customer relations department and they say they know of no stores that carry SOE cards of any kind....and then have customer service redirect me to an email address to which I get only a form letter back from (talking SOE in regards to the customer service and email)...But it is unfair of me to continue to berate them for lying about the cards being for sale, if I can confirm that they do in fact sell them. I thank you for any information you can give to me, and appreciate your diligence in confirming the truth (as I knew it to be), in regards to the claims about the on-line store and 7/11's customer relations department. As much as I want them to be guilty of wrong doing in this situation (because of all the hardship they've caused me with the other situation), I can not, and will not, make false claims about them. So, I hope that you are willing to find and pass that phone number to me, so that I can rectify the situation.
    Deepest regards and most sincere thanks to you.
    P.S. If you wish to give me the phone number in private, rather than in an open forum, please either create a new character on a random server and tell me the character name and server and time to meet you....or give me some other option. It's a public store, though, so I don't see why listing the number on here would be, in any way, discourteous or improper. So, hopefully that wont be a problem...besides...It would be nice to put this issue to bed as soon as possible. I CERTAINLY don't want to cost anyone else the ability to get double points!!! I don't know if I can get the store to sell me the card and just tell me the code (since I already know there aren't any stores in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana or Kentucky that sell them (at least none of the ones I phoned...I guess that doesn't mean there aren't ANY there that have them...but again...the fact that 7/11's own customer relations department couldn't direct me to any that DID sell them...or even more perplexing....that as far as they were able to determine, they didn't even carry the cards. I'd think that both Sony AND 7/11 would want to loudly and proudly advertise their sale, as it would increase foot traffic in their stores and online, and increase total sales for them as well. Heck...If I had a franchise and knew there was going to be a double point deal offered by Sony, I'd have a big sign in the window and have the cards displayed prominently beside the cash register!! :) The entire situation just seems goofy at best. (sorry for the wordy post script..I tend to feel the need to explain everything in great detail. I guess I have too much free time on my hands :) Please forgive this bad habit of mine, and have an awesome day). And one last time...Thank you for everything!
  18. eaglehart New Member

I wish these Double Station Cash would be for all Game Cards because I live in Warren Pa and we don't have a 7/11 store anywhere near me
    Leerah likes this.
  19. TD77 New Member

Yeah, eaglehart....Even if my accusations are proved to be incorrect, 7/11 has an online store, and yet they don't offer SOE cards in their online store..Why? They sell playstation network cards, WoW, runescape and other gaming cards...but not SOE ones :O( I've only been back playing since last November and this is the second 7/11 special that I know of for certain in that time period. If they are such big partners that they have these events so often, why are they so difficult to find and why wouldn't they sell them on the 7/11 website? Everyone knows right where to go for the cards in WalMart, and there are Wally World stores in even smallish towns all around the country. If Sony really wants to make this a promotion available to ALL their customers, they need to not be so exclusive, or do business with companies who know what they actually sell to their customers and make the product available to all their stores!! And as you say....you have no 7/11 near you....but I bet you have a walmart...and if you don't, you have access to a computer and therefore have access to purchasing a walmart card via THEIR website. I just don't get it <shrug's shoulders>.

P.S. I also don't have a 7/11 within 45 or 50 miles of me, but last time there was a 7/11 exclusive sale, I was either going to convince a store owner to sell me the card and read me the code or make the trip (IF they had HAD them to sell at ANY of the stores in ANY of the towns or ANY of the states I called, of course....I am truly hopeful that I'm able to find out where they ARE actually being sold, so I can share the details with everyone here BEFORE the "special" is over).

I spend a ton of SC points (i.e. give sony lots of extra money for "goodies" sold there), but yet they make it darned difficult to take advantage of their "specials". Has Sony already made so much money from Everquest that they truly don't care about taking care of their loyal customers? I don't know which is more sad...Their lack of caring about the customers, or the fact that we continue to pay for their services in spite of their attitude and inconsiderate actions toward us. <sigh>
  20. Tegila Augur

wow this has got to be more angry than the pet-nerf threads lol. all about a sale that is intentionally limited. i use lotta sc i use the sales but ive never even cared to look in a 7-11 for a card for their sales justl ike others will never use the walmart cards. you act like SOE walked in your door and kicked your puppy, every day, for 14years
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.