6 15 16 patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Critts, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Critts Augur

Many Omens of War zones will spin up new instanced versions when they are populated by enough adventurers.
    Who thinks this might be a test of sorts for a server consolidation of many low population groups into one or two mega servers? Perhaps I'm just letting my imagination go crazy. If it is I'm glade that they would at least test it first.
  2. CaptainSkeet Augur

It is for the coming Quarm server. Looks like they are placing the mechanic into all servers as a standard rule rather than just Quarm.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. EnchFWO Augur

They've been doing this since they started with the last round of TLP... almost all zones (even some in TBM on "Live") can be load balanced if enough people actually are there. This news isn't new, sorry to crush the conspiracy bubble.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. Vdidar Augur

I haven't ever seen enough people in live zones to spawn multiple instances though lol.
  5. Critts Augur

Umm do you mean like when there are to many peopl in Decay and the zone crashes? Lol or did they just not implement the whole new zone part?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Kunon Augur

Life/Decay do not load balance because the mirror uses the /pickzone feature as a means of switching between the 2 already.
  7. Critts Augur

Sadly all I have to show is, hear say, however it was my understanding that a guild had issues with the zone becoming overpopulated when they where raiding somehow. I'm speaking of the Static zone. Something about they had bots parked outside the zone in and when they dropped the raiding toons out to switch in the Alts/bots the zone crashed due to the raiders returning to the same instance of Decay that they had zoned in from. Apparently they had a lot of bots + general population. I can only guess that this somehow bypassed the feature you where referring to or it may have never been factored in. Again that's to be taken with a grain of salt as It didn't happen to me.
  8. Kunon Augur

That was/is Plane of Health, which does load balance.

Edit: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/too-many-players-in-plane-of-health.233021/
    Iila likes this.
  9. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Are there even enough people ON the live servers to load balance?
    disgruntled and Kegwell like this.
  10. Brohg Augur

In any particular zone? Not generally, which is why the addition of that back end system was largely invisible to us bluebies.
  11. Nolrog Augur

As well as prepping for when the progression servers get there.
  12. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Doubtful.
    maybe if they can actually produce another "expansion".
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

In this case I think the game mechanics or "physics" at work are more the problem than the in zone census. In other words the graphics processing on higher level toons is far greater than what your going to find in the newbie yards. Textures, spell graphics, mobs all become far more detailed and vivid at the higher level game. Not to mention all those cute little textures and details on the toons themselves.

Its a lot of pixels to calculated.
  14. Stune Augur

More instanced fights, lower end might be a good thing to come. It will save them loads of time doing a new version of a tlp server.

I am ok with instanced now, being a 1999 player, openly watching larger guilds bum rush a open world boss mob was fun, but it always lagged the hell out of the zone. The raiding guild had to ask people to bail out of the zone so people could log back in on zone crashes. It didn't happen like this always, but prime time had its issues.

Things like, Epic fights, smaller and older zones i have no problems with it being instanced.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Would be easy to just add more zones to pick from wouldn't it?