Too many players in Plane of Health

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elizabeta, May 31, 2016.

1. Elizabeta Augur

[Tue May 31 20:36:55 2016] <ZONE MESSAGE>: This zone has too many players and / or mercenaries. There are currently: 86 and the zone will support 84. The zone will start suspending mercenaries in 120 seconds.

Considering this is the exit, for example, from Vim raid... if you have two raids in the zone there begins to be some nasty linkdeadedness and non-zonability going on.
  2. Axxius Augur

The static version of the Plane of Health has a limit on the number of players?! :eek:
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I got this message last night as well. We were a little short on numbers and were sorting through some Alt loot from a Life raid. Crypt of Sul was the next call and we had to stay in the DZ just in case flagging issues - so we had to sit at the coffin and wait and we helped fill the zone up lol.

This should be undone. Raiders don't want to block entry for people working on group stuff - or other Raid forces for that matter. :)
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or they are in the process of creating multiple instances of static zones perhaps as a precursor to merging servers?
  5. Iila Augur

Doesn't that message mean the zone has /pick enabled? So anyone in the base zone can /pick over to another instance to avoid the overcrowding?
  6. Xikteny Augur

I wouldn't want it to be possible for an "open" zone to have player caps unless it did allow /pick. :mad:

Back when they first announced the functionality of /pickzone (even though it was mostly discussed in the context of TLP servers) I thought it would be a great fit for certain zones on live servers. Like entry zones of new expansions, for example.
  7. Elizabeta Augur

If PoHealth is pickable (do not believe it is though) should there not be an option to do just that? It was not a one-time deal either:

[Tue May 31 20:36:55 2016] <ZONE MESSAGE>: This zone has too many players and / or mercenaries. There are currently: 86 and the zone will support 84. The zone will start suspending mercenaries in 120 seconds.
    [Tue May 31 20:38:55 2016] <ZONE MESSAGE>: This zone has too many players and / or mercenaries. There are currently: 85 and the zone will support 84. The zone will start suspending mercenaries in 90 seconds.

Half of our raid went linkdead, so there must have been another raid in the zone as well.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Plane of Health
    Crypt of Sul
    Crypt of Decay

These were all made Pick Zones in TBM since launch.

Pick Zones do have the player caps like you are seeing, and they should start firing up /pick versions at a bit lower # then the caps.

You can move between /pick freely but there is like a 5 minute timer or something on changing per change.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Well if that is the case then the code for /pick is bad broken.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  10. Aghinem Augur

Wow, I knew TBM was a small expansion - but so small it can't handle more than a certain # of players in a zone? :LOL:
    Bigstomp likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Havn't run into it, but half our raid having to pick another zone would be garbage.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Don't understand at all why they have done this. I remember there being 155 in Shards Landing when it was first launched, 84 is way too low.
  13. Ruven_BB Augur

I saw Jhenna picking her nose!

Just sayin!