55 people 1 instance, SK

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhiyannon, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Rhiyannon Augur

what happened to triggering more than one?

sk while large in size for traveling across, really doesn't have that many mobs...

seriously... 55

so then i go to mt rathe. 45 people and one instance, almost all at the HG, and there's what? 3-6 tops spawning at any given time? a ffew cyclops here and there and giant skellies, but 45 for a small zone?

wft 45?

ummm lucy i think you broke something!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------------
    *******sk while large in size for traveling across, really doesn't have that many mobs...*******

More exp mobs, please.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Feradach Augur

When instancing was introduced they acknowledged that it would take some tuning to get the numbers just right for each zone. I have a feeling it's going to be an ongoing process as needs will change as population and average character levels fluxuate.
  4. Fallfyres Augur

------------------
    Well hell..then please get the process ONGOING then.
  5. Sinzz Augur

speeking of exp mobs you all do realize you took away a good bit of exp camps by taking the Elite lavaspinners out of lavastorm, not sure why you did it but it was a great spot that could have supported quite a few groups , that said the instances for open world zones need to spawn more because those zones don't really support 50 people when there are only 1 or two decent camps outside for players who don't wanna much in lower guk.
    Numiko likes this.
  6. Agrippa Augur

An easy solution would be to spawn a new instance the moment greater than 50% of the mobs of any given level range are missing. A lot of zones barely have enough mobs of appropriate level to support a single group, if that. If more than half of the mobs of any level range are missing opened new instances, this would allow more targets for everyone.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Rhiyannon Augur

before the 1st, sk was instancing better, same with mt rathe, now neither was instancing the other day.
  8. Zublak Augur

Something may be bugged. I was leveling an alt in Befallen yesterday and zone had 30-40 people in it majority of the time. It never instanced. Hardly a mob to kill and about 6-7 people camping Gynok waiting to KS each other. Great fun.
  9. Numiko Augur

Sand Giant Elites in the Ro's would have given people another spot to get exp as well
  10. Rhiyannon Augur

i wonder... how many other zones have suddenly lost their instancing? is this a side effect from the changes?
  11. Rhodz Augur

Obviously the intent can be derived from the results.
    One could be cynical about it and be entirely justified in doing so.
    Or it could just be simple incompetence which personally I dont buy into, the zones that a certain type of player (in the eyes of management apparently) funnel into are much better handled as far as instancing.
    Put that into whatever context you wish as I remain a ...
  12. Ducreux Augur

I believe the point of the instancing was to allow players to have a decent shot at getting 1-50 without fighting tooth and nail for every mob, not so that everyone gets their own instance to camp named and farm xp in whatever zone they want.

With that said I do think befallen should probably have an instance threshold of 30-40 people as it is quite a small zone.
  13. Finchy Augur

they should have some sort of algorithm that takes the camp names (the common ones like in CL orc1, orc2, orc3, dervs) x6 people per group and adds all that together. So if someone in OOC calls a camp check (or CC) the responses in chat are pulled and the common camps that are recognized are times 6 (each has a full group) then if that number is reached a new instanced spawns.

/ooc CC
    /ooc 6 camps are called that are recognized by the system
    system sees all 6 camps x 6 = 36 people minimum in zone
    system pops another instance

it'd take time to put all the common camps in, and sometimes people call camps differently than others, but most camps in most zones have a common name for them...

maybe this would help with instancing...sure some zones where people are 50 farming a lvl 26 mob would throw off the 6 per group, but would still give a close estimate as to whether a new instance was needed.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. Rhiyannon Augur

i've been in befallen for the paw, it was instancing before, why not now?
  15. Xanadas Augur

Mistmoore only had prime and mm1 the other night too, both were packed.

Something's def not quite right.
  16. Rhiyannon Augur

i was just in sk a litlle while ago... 43 names on the list
  17. Rhodz Augur

Seems to me they have given up and moving on. Hasnt been any substantive posts in a good long while from devs on anything.
    But hey they got their payday. Enjoy it next time wont be nearly as easy to pull off.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Yeah, they have given up. I mean, it's not like it's the middle of summer with a holiday weekend when people tend to take some days off, or hard at work on the first campaign.

Nope, they are all sitting around doing nothing, just waiting for posts to come up so they can jump in immediately and answer them.
  19. Nolrog Augur

SK and WK, both could use a bunch of additional camps, probably in the neighborhood of 2 dozen camps spread around the zones. NK to a lesser extent as well, but that one is not quite as bad.
  20. Rhodz Augur

So you are saying they have moved on to other projects leaving this one half done which if I am not mistaken is pointed out.
    Sarcasm is an art when practiced poorly it accomplishes nothing.

Now the giving up thing true is a blind call but is it giving up if that what was planned all along.