25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't know about test but on live they are all in Lore Equipped Group: Gems of Proficiency.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

IIRC on test they are lore instead of lore equipped, and no mention of a lore group. Probably be fixed when they match test to live.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Yes
  4. Toukan Augur

It's disappointing to read that this new gem of defense (Crazy easy to obtain) overwrites <whatever proper term is> the Tear of Alaris (not easy to max)..as a tank I didn't hesitate looking at the choices, I chose the gem of defense. Ah well.
  5. Gialana Augur

I think you can still get a different augment by running the mission again. You could then use that augment instead, if you want.
    NatazzEvoli likes this.
  6. alanus Augur

You can re-run it and choose another one
  7. Opal Journeyman

can anyone confirm if you can get a different one if you all ready have one? I want to change the one i have
  8. fransisco Augur

I think thats awesome. Tear of alaris is SOO old. There is finally an upgrade for it
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes. If you have one you can do the mission again and choose a different one. You can only equip one at a time.

There is no way to know if this will change in the near future, however.
    Opal likes this.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

Game already gives enough handouts. T3 raids everyone can beat is a handout.
    High End raider? Everyone beats those raids no such thing anymore.

Give too many handout it creates somewhat toxic game.
    Everyone expect everything all the time.

It's a like, why can't I get the Big Mac, McCrispy, and 20 pc nuggets?? WAHHHHH
    ok ok calm down I'll buy you all 3.

Too many participation trophies. Too many freebee rewards. It makes gear not worth anything anymore because you get all the get items. Toxic toxic toxic game environment when everyone gets all the best items. Game needs more diversity, choosing, not everyone gets everything.
    DeadRagarr likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

Quit.
    Fenthen, Conq, Tallie and 1 other person like this.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

Uber speaks only truth, you only need to be a seeker to find the truth in the words. The only issue with his posts is that they are so in depth that I have to scroll down to find the like button.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm probably going to regret even responding to this post but that's my problem.
    Perhaps you need to create a separate thread to discuss your objections to how the game is run.

This thread is about the 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward, like the title of it says.

What are your exact objections to someone beating the mission seven times and getting all seven of the augmentations?
    • You can only equip one at a time (Lore Equipped Group)
    • The arcane specialization bonuses already exist in augmentations that someone can get and the already existing ones are able to all be equipped at the same time: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Augmentations#Arcane_specialization_augmentations
    • These augmentations are Type 3, which we have a limited number of slots. Each player must decide (more diversity!) what to put in the limited number of type 3 slots.
    • The Defense mod one is just an improvement over an already existing augmentation (Tears of Alaris)
    Also, guess what? We actually have achievement trophies in the game now! Yes, in-game achievements exist and some of them give actual trophies! I know, it ruined the game, which is why you quit and never visit these forums...o_O
  14. Lubianx Augur

Didn't you say in another thread that T1 zones were too hard for the casual person and you wanted it easier?

You pretty much got that in this and you start complaining again?
  15. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

All he does is copy n paste that its to easy and blabs on about useless stuff. He needs to quit EQ and play a different game.
    Zalkk - AB and Conq like this.
  16. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm very disappointed that these new augs are lore equipped. I wanted to use the new conjuration and evocation on all my mages. But I can only use one at a time. With the old type 7/8 version, I can use both if I wanted to.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Not like our type 3 augs every expansion are all that great. But allowing the anniversary augs to no be lore equipped would be nice and produce more options.

Would also provide a reason to replay the mission. As it is now its one and done.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Cannikin Augur

I've been running it once a day to farm power sources. 5 minutes of "work" to get the best power sources in the game seems like a good reason to replay it.
    Ozon and Rijacki like this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Basically 1 point better...yay!
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

And yet there is a large percentage of the player base that goes crazy and camps a named for days/weeks to get an aug that is 1 hdex higher.

Every little bit counts. The way I see it, I do it once a day or so and will have enough PS for my four characters (maybe 5 if I do a persona) for years to come.