17th Anniversary Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derd Augur

Confusing post kearstin, are you wanting more raids for all levels? Cause if you haven't purchases Tds & Tbm you have missed quite a bit of raids available. And most all of the anniversary raids have been limited time events to push you to do them while available, and give something to plan around as they return each year. Or is this about them possibly not being available for the tlp players that while all access skip buying the current content?

As to the original post, yay, thanks Holly for keeping us updated.
  2. Tannin Steelblade Journeyman

Thanks Holly for the update,

While i dont share the same vocal distaste for the current state of the game as some of folks here, that does not mean some folks and myself would not be happy to see a couple direction changes. A poster earlier stated would like to see a return to the older zones and have a Rain of Fear style upgrade. This is a fantastic idea!! While we know that the dev team has been downsized over the years.. and due to this or that reason time/money constraints are of coarse there. Using some of the old zone files with minor additions and new mobs/loot tables might be the way to go. Also what ever happened to the running story lines!! I would not dare speak for others here.. in the interwitterface generation, but it would be nice to see the Lore aspect really come back. Bring the story to everquest again!! It would be nice to read about all the goings on in the game from NPC's and books etc. More voice acted events like Luclin fight in plane of shadow was fun too. That adds a bit more flavor to the world. Quality over quantity i guess.. dare i say the world is almost big enough. If you stand back and look at the sheer content out there as it is (yes i know there is no real reason to go see 80 percent of it) I would see that as a good spring board to start from for future revamps.

Just my 2 cp anywho. Keep it comin guys cheers
  3. Tevik Augur

Exclamation points!!!

Also, yeah...please do the actual beta this time around, like you promised last time around but then didn't follow through with.
  4. Iila Augur

Kunark themed, with some reference to EQ2 kunark stuff. Probably without Sebilis. Something related to TDS/Combine, and an oddity.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

Well that sounds cool as hell. I never dabbled in EQ2 very much but I always was curious of the similarities between the two games.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

7. revran1 Journeyman

And what was the reason ??/
    its just another way they lie to the player

who be leaves anything they say any more!!
  8. Crystilla Augur

Err, this happened a couple years back. The reason - regular players couldn't catch up because there just became too many veteran rewards, so they are giving players a chance to catch up to those who have been playing longer.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

IF lucky enough to get the Heros Forge on Vox, is it the heros forge awarded to the account and claimable on a different server?

Trying to think of ways to participate when all my char slots are full on my normal play server, and as Vox is the only one announced it is the only one I can guarantee I can attend.
  10. revran1 Journeyman

because we paid are bill on time that sux and no excuse
  11. Lorewood Lorekeeper

Umm doesn't that kinda negate the REWARD part for the 15 years i've been playing ..if a guy that's been playing 7 years gets the same rewards for example. They do have a tendency to give stuff that we pay for with our time/loyalty oh yeah and cash for the higher tier expansions. Then pop its in the market place or in the rewards window when I thought we would have one of the few mounts/items/port..etc.. available in the game.
  12. Riou EQResource

Create a Gnome on FTP account. The Hero's Forge is only given to the First X people to win the race. Everyone else gets a Chest Shirt piece that you use for Achievement.

You get your choice of any of the Hero's Forge if you are in the First X to win. Everything is trade-able including the Chest Shirt piece for Achievement.
    Gyurika Godofwar and PrathunEQ like this.
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

In order:

No. Gives a cloth shirt you equip to get acheesement. It and hero's forge are tradeable and attunable.

Yes

Captain Krasnok (blue ghost troll on Hate's Fury. Entire dz is a raid. Mega HP mobs, 17 minis with high HP and unique mechanics ((I boxed one and can presumably do all of them but it'd take forever lol)) each gives 1 commemorative coin and when all are dead unlocks Captain who will drop some sort of raid loot.

I can't answer last two obviously but just fyi. On first 3.

ALSO the "missing" tournament loot cards from Drakkinshard (phase spider pet illusion, fear gargoyle merc) were added to PoK anni merchant for coins. 125 for phase spider, 200something for merc.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Perhaps they can make the initial Avatar be like the Shroudkeepers in PoK, except they transform you into a level 1 gnome. You would have zero gear and zero AA's. That would solve the problem for people with all their character slots filled.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Draego like this.
  15. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

So, uh... to be the greedy loot mongerer casual... In the past anniversaries there have been chase augs and clickies and such for the group player... are we likely to see anything like that? Commemorative coins/rewards are a bit underwhelming... And not everyone has a pocket raid force, eheh
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

I dunno! When I say I boxed the one boss and some trash i mean 3 toons and 3 mercs :p I don't have a pocket raid force either. and this is Test, and me being a 'legit' Test player. Our only real raid force/guild died with TDS and the Test expac changes. As much as I'd like to answer loot questions, I can't :p Haven't seen any. Likely won't.
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

18. Faana Augur

"and another bonus (wink, wink) will start on March 16th."
  19. Riou EQResource

The bonus is 17 days of 70% boosted EXP :)
    Gyurika Godofwar, Spellfire and Iila like this.
  20. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

P.s. Rainbowdash, I didn't really mean that directed towards you specifically for a reply, I was just wondering in general, hoping someone else might be able to answer, be it a GM or someone else who has run the whole instance, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.