17 Days of Bonus XP & Marketplace Promotions!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cazmac Augur

Totally agree. I have (OK, perhaps foolishly) bought HF for most of my 20+ characters and really feel I should be offered more of a discount if I buy more.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Phynster2 Journeyman

whats even worse is i live in canada, so 200$ USD price tag, with conversion is more like 300$+ for me right now... its bull
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Phynster2 Journeyman

if they priced it properly, and got rid of the hero's forged, the gold set would be about 1000 coins max
  4. guelphling New Member

Its just a poorly worded post, other than the xp bonus, these are anything BUT gifts and deals...

What it should have said was something like for all you rich as F people, here are some more items to blow ridiculous amounts of cash on. It's completely insulting to tell people spending 1-200$ cash on some ornaments is somehow a gift or a deal from DBG.

And lol, who designed this armor? The geerlok stuff looks meh, like a bad attempt at steampunk, the helms are terrible, was scuba steve behind this? They look like a cross of a fish and a deep sea diving helm from 1920.

I may have considered buying a set for some of the pieces if they were priced similar to the Ssra ornaments, but at 100$ for the cheap set, hahaha, no...
    Faerie and Jein-ko like this.
  5. eqgamer Augur

The value of money is all relative. Personally I have np w the costs, then again I don't have much to spend my money on so I have no issue spending it on Eq.

SB
  6. Rondor Augur

Another way to look at it:

The original way to get the Golden Hero armor ornaments via the 2013 Recruit-a-Friend program was to convince at least 25 people to give SOE at least 10$ USD each. The referrer/recruiter would get a finder's fee of the armor set. (And the previous tier rewards also not just the armor ornament set).

If you view it that way, the armor ornament set used to "cost" 250$ before, just that you had to convince other people to pay for it for you. Now you can get it yourself without having to bug 25 people, and its net cost is lower - possibly lower cost because you don't get the rest of the Recruit-a-Friend rewards.

Info about the old referral program: https://web.archive.org/web/20150131113243/https://recruit.soe.com/
  7. Jein-ko New Member

Yes this was the way in 2013, however the over all recruitment program for that year was not very successful AND not many people ended up wearing it anyways. This still does not excuse the stupidity of the price for an in game only decorative item. All it says is "hey folks I like to blow a bunch of money on a decoration in a game!"
    Indrigoth and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. BeeBob New Member

So let's get this straight - to celebrate 17 years of the game you want the remaining player base to spend a cartload of cash? No freebies or anything as a gesture of goodwill? Not even double XP, only 70%?

Thanks DB. Thanks very much.o_O
  9. jackrich New Member

just did a daily and got 4 AAs I was getting 7 or 8 AAs the other day. The 170% is shut off must have happened during the patch
  10. Brutale0000 New Member

i agree the bonus xp must have been shut off. ive noticed a drop in xp myself.
  11. segap Augur

Did you level a couple times from the exp bonus? The reward from those degrade as you level up.
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

Agreed bonus XP does not appear to be working, getting a bit over half what I was getting in Raptor Island Mon night.

That or else they munged wit the ZEM for TD this last patch...

Please fix DBG< and please give us at least an extra day or two of extra +70% XP due to the SNAFU. I recommend ending it now on Monday April 4th.
  13. jackrich New Member

Nope I'm max exp and AAs to spend just using the toon to help my others. 2 days ago I was getting 7 to 8 AAs per lvl 90 daily now I get 4 like it was 2 weeks ago Noticed it on the other toons too. They haven't lvl yet I keep a look out for the % they get per time and it dropped since the patch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.